Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav NG4 New Firmware R42.01

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

Inc Phone connectivity, radio and other media

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:03 am
TomC User avatar

Kudos: 321
RCZ1 wrote:
I have to be honest, I've had to use my Sat Nav quite a lot over the last few months (good job I paid the extra for it really - RT6) and I've not had any issues with it.

Same here, I even used my older Navigon mobile nav (which is VERY good) in parallel and the suggested routes were almost identical.

I guess it's only the older NG4 which is lacking a bit...
Tom

The blackest THP 200 of all...

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:41 pm
Grantp User avatar

Kudos: 85
I've had my gripes about media functionality on the RT6 but the SatNav function has never let me down, IMHO it is a better SatNav than the NG4 if for no other reason than I like the screen display better.
1st RCZ - GT 156 - Charcoal - JBL HiFi Pack - NG4 3D Sat Nav
Ordered 22nd June 2010 - Built 12th Sept - In Calais 21st Sept 2010 - Picked up from Dealers 5th Oct 2010

2nd RCZ - GT 200 - Nero Black - Technical Storm Grey Alloys - JBL HiFi Pack - RT6 SatNav - Vision Pack - Black Pack
Ordered 26th Jan 2013 - Built 22nd April - In Calais 29th April - Picked up from Dealers 17th May 2013

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:48 pm
Cotswolder Newbie

Kudos: 0
Crazy thing is that my 9 year old Jag S had a full postcode search via Navtec....plus Europe and agree that many business don't provide street named addresses
photojohn wrote:
jassyo06 wrote:
I know i dont have a rcz with NG4 or RT6 satnav, i have a satnav in my focus i always wanted a built in satnav in my car and finally got one......god it sends me around the block :crazy:l Hate it, really i do, it always sends me the long way,when i input a postcode like i did today it gives you the ECO,FAST,and some other kind of route i cant remember off hand but i chose the fast route and it added at least 10 miles on to my journey :twisted: :twisted: So my point is :eusa-think: its not just the PUG satnav that infuriates ya its the same with a lot of car satnavs :thumbdown:

From what friends have told me and what I've read, it seems to be all built in sat navs that are a nightmare. But, I really can not understand why!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

:?

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:04 am
p3ncilcase User avatar

Regular
Regular

Anyone noticing restarts of the NG4 when using AUX + Navigation at the same time?
Yesterday I was schizophrenic, today we are feeling fine.

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:13 pm
johnnyd Newbie

OO58RON wrote:
Grantp wrote:
Hi Chuzzbutt & OO58RON,

What changes has the firmware made, anything significant? My dealer says he knows nothing about it he has spoken to the Parts Dept and they also know nothing. I am going to give him the Part Number tomorrow but as I have ordered new car wondering if giving him hassle is worth it?

Not sure as mine only arrived in the post today and I have not used it yet.
CD 9679221680 FOR NAVI DRIVE 3D / WIP COM 3D
Software CD - SW N42b (42.01)
is what is printed on the CD case.

Hi OO58RON, Any chance you can stick the SW on dropbox or Google drive and link me ? [email protected]

thx
John

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:04 am
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
johnnyd wrote:
OO58RON wrote:
Grantp wrote:
Hi Chuzzbutt & OO58RON,

What changes has the firmware made, anything significant? My dealer says he knows nothing about it he has spoken to the Parts Dept and they also know nothing. I am going to give him the Part Number tomorrow but as I have ordered new car wondering if giving him hassle is worth it?

Not sure as mine only arrived in the post today and I have not used it yet.
CD 9679221680 FOR NAVI DRIVE 3D / WIP COM 3D
Software CD - SW N42b (42.01)
is what is printed on the CD case.

Hi OO58RON, Any chance you can stick the SW on dropbox or Google drive and link me ? [email protected]

thx
John

Sorry. I do not know what any of that means. However my disc has been passed around forum members and I'm confident that the current holder of it will be in contact with you. The disc is FREE and should be available from your dealership.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:30 am
bobbythedog User avatar

Kudos: 80
Have already sent John a pm Ron
;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Post Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:44 pm
johnnyd Newbie

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your help.

Can you help further, with my confusion?

I have a NG4 unit that I have updated to the firmware version N42B

When I rented a Peugeot 5008 last winter, I am sure it was the same system, at least as far as I can recall. At that time we could stream music from our phones through the unit.

I cannot find anyway to do this with the updated NG4 unit, though other functions seem to work well

Is there the possibility to do this with a NG4?

BR
John

Post Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:57 pm
dand87 User avatar

Kudos: 157
No you can't stream music via the ng4/phone. USB, sd card or load then onto the hard drive.
Weekday - High Speed 1.
Weekend - Pearl White RCZ GT with Onyx Black Solstice alloys, feline kit, NG4, K&N air filter, tinted rear 1/4's, LED DRL's/interior lights, Phillips Extreme Vision and private plate.
Dodgy car parks - the missus' Black Fiesta MK 7 Tdci Zetec S w/Street Pack.

Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:34 pm
lufcfan Regular
Regular

Kudos: 13
Firmware N42C (42.03) now available with the 2014-2 map update.

I presume this is just bug-fixes owing to the very small bump in minor version number and must say I've not noticed any difference in using it since I installed it this morning. :eusa-think:
2012 Charcoal Black 2.0 HDi 163 GT
SP Grille (Black) with badge
19" Sortilege Alloy Wheels
Black leather interior
NG4 Sat-Nav
JBL HiFi Pack
Pure Highway 300Di DAB Radio (self-installed, of course) ;)
...and one huge grin on the face of the driver! :-D

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:37 pm
Opal white User avatar

Kudos: 239
lufcfan wrote:
Firmware N42C (42.03) now available with the 2014-2 map update.

I presume this is just bug-fixes owing to the very small bump in minor version number and must say I've not noticed any difference in using it since I installed it this morning. :eusa-think:

Would like to update my NG4 firmware, is the new update available on-line or is it a purchase from Peugeot?

My NG4 system actually crashed last week, the first time anything like this has ever happened. The full system reset to factory/default settings including French language . . . . Strange.

Date, time, radio stations reprogrammed OK (music files on harddrive still intact) but struggling to reconnect bluetooth mobile, anybody else had this problem?
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:15 pm
RCZ_123 Member

Kudos: 10
It's all available on-line for free,

N42.03 Firmware, Latest Maps & Camera Alerts - See link below (I have updated to latest system without any problems)

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/peugeot ... 014-a.html

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:33 pm
Opal white User avatar

RCZ_123 wrote:
It's all available on-line for free,

N42.03 Firmware, Latest Maps & Camera Alerts - See link below (I have updated to latest system without any problems)

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/peugeot ... 014-a.html

A big thanks for the link, I will download it at the weekend & promptly install it :thumbup:

Thanks again or you help :clap:
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 pm
RCZ_123 Member

Kudos: 10
No Problem - Instructions should be on the site - Just make sure you install the firmware before the maps

1. Download Files
2. Extract using WinRAR
3. Transfer to Portable Media - DVD, USB, SD Card etc
4. Upload to vehicle

Speed camera alerts will not update automatically but will have to be done manually through the add POI option (make sure you add the maps before the speed cam alerts)

Files are fairly large for Maps (6.7 GB each), so will take a while to download - also make sure its all done separately I.e don't put everything on one DVD, SD card, USB.

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:28 pm
Opal white User avatar

RCZ_123 wrote:
No Problem - Instructions should be on the site - Just make sure you install the firmware before the maps

1. Download Files
2. Extract using WinRAR
3. Transfer to Portable Media - DVD, USB, SD Card etc
4. Upload to vehicle

Speed camera alerts will not update automatically but will have to be done manually through the add POI option (make sure you add the maps before the speed cam alerts)

Files are fairly large for Maps (6.7 GB each), so will take a while to download - also make sure its all done separately I.e don't put everything on one DVD, SD card, USB.

A big thanks once again, your instructions have clarified a few issues :thumbup:
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:21 pm
Lkooman Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
Ok guys, i've a little problem.
- I first updated the firmware succesfully
- updated the maps disc1 via SDcard
- another SDcard with disc 2 and the updated stopped at 98% with i/o error

Now the system is asking for disc 3/2 and doesnt't accept SDcard with disc 1 or SDcard with disc2 :crazy:

Removed the fuse for a while but system keeps asking for disc......
Anny suggestions??

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:21 pm
frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 81
Did you edit the package index file?
This file has the extension .pkg and contains information like number of disks etc.
I always merge the 2 disks onto 1 SD card and then edit the .pkg to list the contents of both disks.
This way it installs in one run.
From what you write it looks as if one of the .pkg files you used has some wrong information.

Hope this helps

BTW I can share the merged .pkg file I used but you need to check whether it is for the same map version that you have.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:51 pm
frankvdb User avatar

You can find my pkg file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6NpjVMVTA29d2hzZUJhckFyVnc&authuser=0
It is for
# Package name
name=PSA_ECE_Q4_2013_PKG_EU_11.0.1_1

# Version
version=11.0.1
My car history:

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:18 pm
Lkooman Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
frankvdb wrote:
Did you edit the package index file?
This file has the extension .pkg and contains information like number of disks etc.
I always merge the 2 disks onto 1 SD card and then edit the .pkg to list the contents of both disks.
This way it installs in one run.
From what you write it looks as if one of the .pkg files you used has some wrong information.

Hope this helps

BTW I can share the merged .pkg file I used but you need to check whether it is for the same map version that you have.

Thanks a lot Frank!!! I'll give it a try and hope this works.

Both images contain the following files and folders:
- folder PKGDB with subfolders and the pkg file, pkg file will be replaced with your version and files from both images merged in PKGDB folder
- file config.nfm, they are identical on both images, i'll keep one file
- file PSA_ECE_Q4_2013_11.0.1_DVD1 and file PSA_ECE_Q4_2013_11.0.1_DVD2, both copied to rooth folder

Is this correct??
Thanks again!

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:27 pm
frankvdb User avatar

I think so; you will have one pkgdb folder containing the .pkg that I shared above and all folders contained in the pkgdb folders of both DVD's (so DTM_ECE_1_0_1 to XAC_ECE2_11_0_0).

Good luck!
My car history:

PreviousNext

Return to Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav