Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav RT7 - usb memory stick - tracks not playing in order by alb

RT7 - usb memory stick - tracks not playing in order by alb

Inc Phone connectivity, radio and other media

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
Hi all,

Finally got around to transfering some of my albums to a usb flash drive just in time for this year's annual Yorkshire meet this weekend,
however although all of my tracks are in order by album, the nt7 will re-organise the tracks by number I.e; track 01 from every album plays fist followed by track 02 etc. Apart from re-numbering every track, like 001, 002 and 003 and so forth, is there an easyer way to play all tracks in the album order? as i am not up to the task of re-numbering over 700 songs.

Your advice please.

Thanks
Red Carbon 200

Joske User avatar

Kudos: 58

If you press long (+3sec or so) on the 'list' button, you can choose what sort order the system must take.

I don't know if this also works with the RT7. It works this way on my RD4?
- Peugeot RCZ HDi GT - Image
- Peugeot 309 GTi16
- Peugeot Partner 170C

Belgian Peugeot enthusiasts: http://www.peugeotforum.be

2retro User avatar

Kudos: 529
Have you got all tracks together in the same folder (or in no folder)? If so, that's the problem.

Make a folder for each album and you will be sorted. You can also then group albums by the same artist or genre together inside another folder which makes it even easier to navigate though your music. :thumbup:

Guppy Senior Member

Joske wrote:
If you press long (+3sec or so) on the 'list' button, you can choose what sort order the system must take.

I don't know if this also works with the RT7. It works this way on my RD4?

Thanks for your feedback, although I couldn't get this option to work... so i presume the rt7 doesn't suppot this?
Red Carbon 200

Guppy Senior Member

2retro wrote:
Have you got all tracks together in the same folder (or in no folder)? If so, that's the problem.

Make a folder for each album and you will be sorted. You can also then group albums by the same artist or genre together inside another folder which makes it even easier to navigate though your music. :thumbup:

Putting each album into individual folders worked a treat... thanks :thumbup:

I wasn't sure if the rt7 could read folders, so i left all the albums folderless, hence the track running order.
Red Carbon 200

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 368
On the RT6 system you can select random within an album or random of all files, or play in order.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Return to Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav