Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav Will Dension DAB+U work with NG4 wip com 3d head unit?

Will Dension DAB+U work with NG4 wip com 3d head unit?

Inc Phone connectivity, radio and other media

Booboobegone Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 5
Kudos: 6
Hello All,

I have searched all over the net, and also contacted several Peugeot dealers, and even the manufacturer of Dension, but no one can tell me if the Dension DAB+U adapter will work with my Wip com 3d unit.

Is there someone here that have tried this, and know if it works or not?

I have heared that if uyo put a USB stick with MP3 files in the USB port, the files will be casched into the HDD. Is this true?


Abzynthe User avatar

Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 3901
Kudos: 1051
Location: Peterborough

Hi,
It works perfectly on my RT6 system :)
Image

frankvdb User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 512
Kudos: 81
Location: Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
Booboobegone wrote:
Hello All,

I have searched all over the net, and also contacted several Peugeot dealers, and even the manufacturer of Dension, but no one can tell me if the Dension DAB+U adapter will work with my Wip com 3d unit.

Is there someone here that have tried this, and know if it works or not?

I have heared that if uyo put a USB stick with MP3 files in the USB port, the files will be casched into the HDD. Is this true?

I am not aware of anyone with DAB on the NG4. I'm afraid it's not designed for that.
The NG4 has external input connectors in the glovebox that you can use, but there will be no way to control the DAB radio from the NG4 controls.

If you put a USB drive in the slot under the armrest, or SD card in the unit, you can play music from it directly and it won't be cached to the hard disk.
For convenience, you can copy the music to the disk yourself in the media menu, which is what I always do. The capacity is only 10 GB though, so I think the best option is to get a large SD card and leave that in the unit for music.

The NG4 is older than the RT6 (NG4 also doesn't stream music via bluetooth), yet people who have used both prefer the usability of the NG4.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Booboobegone Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 5
Kudos: 6
If you put a USB drive in the slot under the armrest, or SD card in the unit, you can play music from it directly and it won't be cached to the hard disk.


If the files is not cached to the disk, i think the Dension adapter will work. :thumbup:

I think i will order one and try.

I'll report back the results.

frankvdb User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 512
Kudos: 81
Location: Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
Booboobegone wrote:
If you put a USB drive in the slot under the armrest, or SD card in the unit, you can play music from it directly and it won't be cached to the hard disk.


If the files is not cached to the disk, i think the Dension adapter will work. :thumbup:

I think i will order one and try.

I'll report back the results.


Is that because the adapter disguises itself as a flash drive?
I would be surpised if it work so I'm curious about your findings.
Good luck :thumbup:
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Booboobegone Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 5
Kudos: 6
frankvdb wrote:
Booboobegone wrote:
If you put a USB drive in the slot under the armrest, or SD card in the unit, you can play music from it directly and it won't be cached to the hard disk.


If the files is not cached to the disk, i think the Dension adapter will work. :thumbup:

I think i will order one and try.

I'll report back the results.


Is that because the adapter disguises itself as a flash drive?
I would be surpised if it work so I'm curious about your findings.
Good luck :thumbup:


Yes, as i have been told, the Dension DAB adapter works as a USB flash drive, where the different radio chanels are converted to MP3 files.

Ordrerd one online to day, so hopefully we'll know the answer during next week. :-)

Booboobegone Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 5
Kudos: 6
Hello Again!

I have finaly got around to test the Dension DAB+U Adapter with my WIP COM 3D / NG4 unit.

After trying lot of different configuration files, I got it working! :clap:

If I remember correctly, it was the K24 config file that worked, and I have about 10 seconds bufferingtime when changing stations.

Now everything is working from the steering wheel controls, and i don't have to mount an ugly DAB adapter remote on the dashboard :mrgreen:

Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1093
Kudos: 520
Location: North Yorks
BooBooBegone,

Very pleased you got this to work with your NG4 unit and works through the steering wheel controls - brilliant !!

and a big thanks for posting your results. Anyone else now who has the NG4 ( lucky Z'ers ) can use this adapter for full Dab..

Right that's the NG4 sorted - how do you do the RT6 is it the same? Have checked mine and though it has JBL it has not got Dab.

Not bothered much about streaming, can just stick a USB up it's - connector !!

Cheers n Beers
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Abzynthe User avatar

Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 3901
Kudos: 1051
Location: Peterborough

Plecodoras wrote:
BooBooBegone,

Very pleased you got this to work with your NG4 unit and works through the steering wheel controls - brilliant !!

and a big thanks for posting your results. Anyone else now who has the NG4 ( lucky Z'ers ) can use this adapter for full Dab..

Right that's the NG4 sorted - how do you do the RT6 is it the same? Have checked mine and though it has JBL it has not got Dab.

Not bothered much about streaming, can just stick a USB up it's - connector !!

Cheers n Beers


Works perfectly on my RT6, using the config files suggested in the manual :)
Image


Return to Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav