Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

Inc Phone connectivity, radio and other media

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:42 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 375
Glad you found it helpful.

That's what the group is about.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:49 pm
MrMoose Newbie

Kudos: 10
Thank for the files and info.

Just updated mine from 2.80 to 2.86 via the CD method. Tried 3 different USBs (formatted to FAT32) and none would work, all bringing up the data missing or incomplete message.

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:47 am
tianorth User avatar

OK, I have found an update for the Risk Alerts (Speed Cams etc) for Aug 2018

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoIna7Gq4-l4gxsMALuTX_Ebsu5u
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:31 pm
gdev Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi,

Thanks for this guide, really useful, just done the key de-activation, away to do the maps and safety next.

Just a quick one, is 2.86 still the latest firmware?

Thanks

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:02 am
tianorth User avatar

Not heard of a newer firmware but still keep looking.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 pm
robonave Newbie

Hallo to everyone, I am newcomer to this forum and to a Peugeot 508 SW 2012 year.
The previous owner did no update to firmware and maps so I have a lot of work to do, my questions are:
- I have 2.1.G.5 firmware and I read it is not possible to update to newest 2.86, what are the firmware steps I must perform? (I have only 2.21, 2.37, 2.86)
- after firmware update can I update maps to latest?
- last question what is your opinion about system changing to a chinese one?
Bye

:wave:

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:44 am
tianorth User avatar

Unless you can verify that the system is the same as the RCZ's, the process may not work.

In one of my first post to do with servicing I went into detail about the upgrading that was to happen at service but didn't.

The best place to get info for your system would be gpsunderground which is where I get my info.

As the RCZ had version 2.75 when I got it and upgraded to 2.77, then to 2.80 and new maps to get 7 digit postcodes the to 2.85, which had very loud bleeps, to 2.86 which reduced the volume of the bleeps.

Hope this helps.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Dear all,

I hope you can help me!

I had a Citroen DS5 before and managed to use the information here to upgrade from 2.75 to 2.80 then to 2.86, and upgrade to the latest maps / risk alerts.

I then sold the DS5, and I got another DS5 but this time the Hybrid version. The current version is 2.80, and I am really struggling to upgrade it this time.

I have used my old installation disks / USB, and it did not work. So I re-downloaded everything and made a new USB, it did not work. So I made a CD again it did not work. I have tried different USBs, and even different computers to try. I have dragged and dropped the files onto a USB, I have created an ISO file and burnt a CD, I have even used different CD brands. Nothing is working. The USB says incomplete data, and the CD goes in and says unreadable (no matter what format I use).

I am wondering if it's the car, or the download? Has anyone got any suggestions, or a different download link for 2.86

I would really appreciate any help / advice.

Thanks in advance.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1137
As per Tianorth’s post above, your best bet is to go to GPSUnderground’s site and do a search for your car & its inbuilt nav system. You will no doubt find a link to the latest firmware there, which might differ slightly from the RCZ firmware. (Or not).
I did have a similar issue when updating some time ago, and I found a different link on the gps site which worked.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 am

Thanks - I’ve tried to join that forum, but I guess my membership hasn’t been approved yet as I am unable to view or post on any tread.

However, I can’t see how it could be different, I’ve done the updates before on the same car using this thread. The only difference is I now have the hybrid model, but the sat nav is the same.

Post Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 pm
greekstalion Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hi

I have an RT6 system with 2.75 firmware. I downloaded the zip files and unzip them. Formatted 3 different USB sticks to FAT32 (actually used different configs) but all of them, when is been read from the system, it show "corrupt files" and fail to do the updates.
I have tried the 2.80 and 2.86, both show the same error.
I have done the activation code and copied the licence, I have updated some of the maps to 2018-2019 version so the USB sticks and connection is working.
Is an issue with the FW update.
System is Magneti Marelli, 98067039XN, at Peugeot link it show as 308 / 2013 / WIP NAV + / CONNECT NAV +, and on car it shows:
Unit Ref: 9806703977
CD Number: 8639
SW Version - Unit: RGEN2.75.C.5
SW Version - Unit: 201212051200
SW Version - Unit: BR:6.2.70.10:pr
SW Version - Unit: DC_FW:35

Any advise?

Thanks
Stelios

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:51 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1137
Latest speed cam files RT6 Nov18 link (not tested yet).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ohfdnml493e0 ... aYwZa?dl=0
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Previous

Return to Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav