Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav satnav resetting on exactly 30 minutes use - HELP!

satnav resetting on exactly 30 minutes use - HELP!

Inc Phone connectivity, radio and other media

ianyapp Newbie

Kudos: 0
RCZ THP 200 bhp bought new in 2011

Paid extra for the top satnav model (RT6?) and JBL speakers.

satnav replaced 2013 under warranty as kept resetting after exactly 30 mins driving

satnav replaced 2014 under warranty as screen breaking up display

currently - again satnav resets after EXACTLY 30 mins driving - goes back to the settings it was on when you started car, loses navigation settings etc

has anyone else experienced this?
can it really be another duff unit or could there be an underlying power failure that is impacting on the unit

as it stands, I cannot use my satnav apart from in 29 minute blocks and have to keep re-entering destination every time it resets

dealers have tried to diagnose and currently have complaints logged with both dealers (who seem unable to test drive for 30 minutes!) and with Peugeot themselves

Just wondering if anyone knows of similar which may help my case?

Thanks,
Ian

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1130
I can't imagine I could think of anything that the dealers haven't. Did they do a BSI reset? Don't know if that would affect the SatNav anyway.
I really hope you can resolve this, cos I know how this kind of recurring issue can grind you down eventually. Even small problems can eventually tip you over the edge when they can't be resolved.

Keep us informed how you get on.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1130
Just a thought, the SatNav you had replaced in 2014 cos of the screen fault, did that have the same issue ? Did they replace the entire unit and screen, or just the screen?

If they replaced the entire thing, and the unit with the screen fault was otherwise ok, I can't see how it can be anything to do with the car itself, and must be to do with the SatNav unit. But I can't see how you could drop on two units with the exact same fault, especially when it's such an uncommon fault. :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav