Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav Pairing an Android phone?

Pairing an Android phone?

Inc Phone connectivity, radio and other media

Post Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 pm
Boroboy Member

Kudos: 4
Hello all,
I've managed to pair my wife's Android phone to her RCZ using the 0000 code sequence. Only problem I have now is that we need to pair it every time we use the car & phone. The car does not remember the phone. So have now gave up using the bluetooth function. Takes too long to pair it up, every time we want to use it. I'd have thought after pairing it up, the car should have stored it within it's memory permanently.
Any advise?
Cheers.

Post Tue May 31, 2016 12:08 am
drdino Senior Member

Kudos: 21
Which radio? Year of the car?

Post Tue May 31, 2016 2:52 pm
Boroboy Member

drdino wrote:
Which radio? Year of the car?

It's a early 2014, 1.6gt (156). I'll check on the radio when my wife gets in. Cheers.

Post Tue May 31, 2016 4:54 pm
drdino Senior Member

Software should be alright then. Does it have a big colour screen on the dash or the orange one?

Post Tue May 31, 2016 7:44 pm
Boroboy Member

drdino wrote:
Software should be alright then. Does it have a big colour screen on the dash or the orange one?

Orange.

Post Tue May 31, 2016 11:41 pm
drdino Senior Member

What phone is it? Have you noticed the radio losing any other settings?

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:43 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 268
In general, Android offers so called trusted pairing between two devices (in your case, the phone and your car). Check the Android settings. As soon as you set it this way those two devices will pair automatically when in sufficient distance.

I have no issues to hook up my newest Android 6.0 and Iphone 6s phones to the RCZ's system. Work really nice and flawless. As soon as I get into the car, few seconds later I see the notification on the display, phone xyz has been connected. No interaction from my side required.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1131
RCZ-R wrote:
In general, Android offers so called trusted pairing between two devices (in your case, the phone and your car). Check the Android settings. As soon as you set it this way those two devices will pair automatically when in sufficient distance.

I have no issues to hook up my newest Android 6.0 and Iphone 6s phones to the RCZ's system. Work really nice and flawless. As soon as I get into the car, few seconds later I see the notification on the display, phone xyz has been connected. No interaction from my side required.

+1 several phones registered with the system, all connect automatically when in range.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:24 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 536
Mine has a bit of a wobble now and again. I don't keep Bluetooth turned on all the time as it kills the phone so just I activate it on the phone after I've started the car and it usually automatically connects then.

Sometimes it acts up and doesn't connect though. Usually switching Bluetooth off and back on again on the phone sorts this problem though. :thumbup:

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 372
Were you pairing from the phone, as in enable bluetooth scan and found car, or did you get the car to scan for the phone?
If the latter did you make your phone visible?
Doing it the latter way means it will connect even if your phone is not bluetooth visible.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:47 am
Boroboy Member

drdino wrote:
What phone is it? Have you noticed the radio losing any other settings?

It's a Moto G.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 am
Boroboy Member

RCZ-R wrote:

I've had my & her phone (both the same), paired up, without issues with a 64 Fiesta. The pug's Bluetooth, seems to be a pain. Wants me to pair up every time I use the phone. Not always recognises it either.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:57 am
Boroboy Member

tianorth wrote:
Were you pairing from the phone, as in enable bluetooth scan and found car, or did you get the car to scan for the phone?
If the latter did you make your phone visible?
Doing it the latter way means it will connect even if your phone is not bluetooth visible.

Have tried both ways. Takes a while to connect too. Then I eventually pair devices, but when I go back with Bluetooth left on the phone. Car does not recognise phone again, start whole process off again. Bit of a pain. So my wife has now gave up with it. I've reconnected it about 5 times now. I've pared up both phones to a Fiesta & an Astra, without issues.
I may mention it when it goes in for it's next service, just before manufacturers warranty ends.
Thanks for advice.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:00 am
Boroboy Member

Thanks for your help guys. Think it may be just a glitch with the rcz's software. As I've paired the phone up with other cars without issues. I can pair it up with the rcz eventually, just does not recognise the phone again.
It's not a major issue to be fair, as my wife is not that bothered. Just I decided to connect her up lol. As I use Bluetooth quite a lot on other cars.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:09 am
Boroboy Member

2retro wrote:
Mine has a bit of a wobble now and again. I don't keep Bluetooth turned on all the time as it kills the phone so just I activate it on the phone after I've started the car and it usually automatically connects then.

Sometimes it acts up and doesn't connect though. Usually switching Bluetooth off and back on again on the phone sorts this problem though. :thumbup:

Yes I've tried switching Bluetooth on & off quite a few times too. Then reconnecting, but system then does not recognise the phone. Even though it had paired up 5 minutes ago, was speaking through it. Prob just a software glitch.
Cheers.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:41 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1131
I know I have several phones which connect automatically, but to be fair, I had quite a few issues getting paired up initially. The Z's Bluetooth does seem a little temperamental compared to others, but it is a thoroughbred after all :eusa-shhh:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:14 am
tianorth User avatar

Have you thought about upgrading the firmware for your system?
Sorry can't help unless you have the RT6 system.
Maybe the firmware update will solve connection issues!
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp

Post Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:48 pm
Boroboy Member

I think I've finally got it paired up lol.
When you first turn ignition on, the screen shows no phones paired up. Then I went to menu, pressed phone icon. Then scrolled down phone list/numbers. Made call from my wife's phone through Bluetooth.
Just thought it was strange that initially screen said no phones pared up. When there was one paired up.
At least there's progress.
Whilst I'm on. Does anyone know what the energy saving mode means & how would I turn it off?
Cheers.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:14 pm
tianorth User avatar

Don't think economy mode can be switched off.
What it does is actually turn off all electrical item, to ensure that their is enough power to start the engine.

Post Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:16 pm
Boroboy Member

tianorth wrote:
Don't think economy mode can be switched off.
What it does is actually turn off all electrical item, to ensure that their is enough power to start the engine.

Thanks for info. Makes sense. Not to flatten battery. After myself playing around with the Bluetooth.

Return to Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav