Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Interior AC Leak ?

AC Leak ?

Leather, seats, dash, aircon, heaters & strange noises

Post Fri May 09, 2014 7:09 pm
O Lusitanian User avatar

Kudos: 51
For the 1st time today I have been able to put Peggy over the new pit.
I have seen that the fitting of the Quads will be easier than I had thought (Brave words I hear you say).
Anyway while under the car I noticed a drip. (like a dripping tap that needs a new washer)
I collected what appeared to be some water and drank about a thimble to be sure and it proved to be cool water.
I'm guessing it has come from the AC unit that is now in constant use.
What I don't know is that is this normal ?
Black RCZ Sport Hdi 163cv - Zunsport Quads - Philips X-treme Vision - 92 Red LED rears - De Lettered Rear
10% discount to members on Portuguese Villa
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/P2787.htm

Post Fri May 09, 2014 7:16 pm
chief barker Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
O Lusitanian wrote:
For the 1st time today I have been able to put Peggy over the new pit.
I have seen that the fitting of the Quads will be easier than I had thought (Brave words I hear you say).
Anyway while under the car I noticed a drip. (like a dripping tap that needs a new washer)
I collected what appeared to be some water and drank about a thimble to be sure and it proved to be cool water.
I'm guessing it has come from the AC unit that is now in constant use.
What I don't know is that is this normal ?

It's condensation and it's coming from the drain pipe, so nothing to worry about.

Water is in short supply in your country? :lol:

Post Fri May 09, 2014 7:17 pm
mistral_blue Senior Member

Kudos: 84
If it is coming from your A/C it is perfectly normal to have some condensate coming out... Have lost time of the number of times I've heard "mister, your Jag is leaking"... no it's the Aircon! I'm 99% certain the RCZ will be the same (as indeed for many other cars)...
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Post Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 pm
pete.garratt Senior Member

Kudos: 149
Yep - aircon. draining water condensed from air in the cabin. Totally normal, totally expected.
Moroccan Red R
JBL
Black Mirror Caps

Post Fri May 09, 2014 10:49 pm
Lainey Senior Member

Kudos: 203
Yep all good advice , if you leave any car ticking over on a slight hill on a hot day with the air on running you will see a little stream of water running down the road after a few minutes . Think of it like a cold beer on a table outside in the sun , it doesn't take long before its sitting in a pool of condensation ;0)
THP 200 GT (with light grey nappa leather and extended leather option to dash and doorcards)
Zunsport quads, matte grey valance
5000K H.I.D's, 60 led DRL's, vinyl eyebrows
Enameled calipers/hubs, chromaflair powder coated wheels
Ruffer splitters, BOSE speaker upgrade, custom seat badges.
Abzynthe's stolen GT badge ;0) Llumar tints
Liquid glasscoat G3 Matte blk roof rails

Return to Interior