Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Interior Steering wheel RCZ

Steering wheel RCZ

Leather, seats, dash, aircon, heaters & strange noises

Post Sun May 24, 2015 8:48 pm
dormz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
I'm considering swapping my leather steering wheel for the Alcantara version. But...

...how do I know if my current leather one is the sports version please? Does anyone know the horizontal external diameter of the sport leather/Alcantara variant please?

Post Sun May 24, 2015 8:56 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
If it's the Sports steering wheel it has RCZ In metal at the bottom of the steering wheel.

The larger steering wheel has two metal inserts where your thumbs would sit at either side of the steering wheel.

This is the Sports wheel (but not with red stitching)

Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sun May 24, 2015 9:08 pm
dormz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
RCZ1 wrote:
If it's the Sports steering wheel it has RCZ In metal at the bottom of the steering wheel.

The larger steering wheel has two metal inserts where your thumbs would sit at either side of the steering wheel.

Thanks RCZ1. I can confirm I have the sport leather variant. :dance:

Still very interested in getting the Alcantara variant though.

In my opinion, an Alcantara steering wheel is attributed to a modern sports car. Although I do like the leather wheel still!

Time for quiet contemplation.... :?

Post Mon May 25, 2015 12:31 am
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 320
dormz wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:

Thanks RCZ1. I can confirm I have the sport leather variant. :dance:

Still very interested in getting the Alcantara variant though.

In my opinion, an Alcantara steering wheel is attributed to a modern sports car. Although I do like the leather wheel still!

Time for quiet contemplation.... :?

I recently installed the alcantara sports steering wheel. At first I didn't really like it because the width of the wheel is very thin and hard to get used to and the quality of the leather is of poor quality. I have gotten used to it now but I wouldn't recommend it over a leather one!
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Previous

Return to Interior