Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Interior Creaking/clicking seats

Creaking/clicking seats

Leather, seats, dash, aircon, heaters & strange noises

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 pm
Willfox1983 Senior Member

Kudos: 15
My leather seats have been creaking quite a bit since I got the car, when I go around corners etc, but today I noticed that the driver's seat clicks and moves ever so slightly forward as I brake and clicks and moves back slightly when I accelerate. What on earth is going on with that?!

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
Willfox1983 wrote:
My leather seats have been creaking quite a bit since I got the car, when I go around corners etc, but today I noticed that the driver's seat clicks and moves ever so slightly forward as I brake and clicks and moves back slightly when I accelerate. What on earth is going on with that?!

it has been known before for this to happen and the seat mechanism has to be changed or the seat itself only the dealership will sort this out mate

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Brilliant :-/ Thanks for letting me know though pal!

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:51 pm
Scott barton User avatar

Kudos: 113
I thought that was just my car!

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Car is going in on Thursday. They checked it out today and they were able to physically shake the seat. The tapping under the seat and the creaking as I go around corners is just awful. They better bloody sort it!

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm
Scott barton User avatar

Kudos: 113
Willfox1983 wrote:
Car is going in on Thursday. They checked it out today and they were able to physically shake the seat. The tapping under the seat and the creaking as I go around corners is just awful. They better bloody sort it!

let me know what they say please.

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 am
Rczmk User avatar

Kudos: 22
I somehow managed to spill brown sauce in the seatbelt socket whilst I was stuffing a bacon roll. This lead to some annoying clicking noise. A cotton bud sorted that out though lol. My drivers seat used to creak to I seem to find by moving it slightly helped out, like a quick nudge of the electric adjuster

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Rczmk wrote:
I somehow managed to spill brown sauce in the seatbelt socket whilst I was stuffing a bacon roll. This lead to some annoying clicking noise. A cotton bud sorted that out though lol. My drivers seat used to creak to I seem to find by moving it slightly helped out, like a quick nudge of the electric adjuster

I did try to adjust it slightly, it still did it :-(

It almost feels dangerous...I can feel the seat moving slightly when I brake/accelerate! Feels proper dodgy!!

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Update: Got the car back today after they said they'd fixed the seat. They haven't. It's exactly the same. Hopeless. Going to have to go in AGAIN (that's 4 times in 4 weeks) next week.

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:11 am
richard.au User avatar

Kudos: 52
i've had this clicking seat issue since about 5,000 ks.

i'm not exactly over weight at 80 kilos and over 6 feet. So I'm not stressing the seat.

Anyway, the service dealer looked at it, tried tensioning it. It hasn't helped.

Now, they want to photo and document the fault (as requested by peugeot) and then there will be consideration of replacing the seat mechanics... apparently over $2,000 (oz) worth of hardware.

So, it's an ongoing investiagtion to the clicking seat, will update when some progress is made.
2012 THP 200
Pearl White
Grey FauxLeather
19" Onyx Solstice Wheels
Tyre Pressure Sensors
Xenon Directional Lighting
JBL Sound
8GB USB stick

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:32 pm
ritchiedj Member

Kudos: 39
I've got this creaking seat issue and i've only done 650 miles. Started about 2 days ago. Mine are not the electric seats as I have the sport model. Go around bends or accelerate and the seat clicks and creaks. It's very annoying. I will be contacting my dealer. :(
63 Plate Mk 2 RCZ Sport 2.0 HDI 163
Pearl White
Black Roof Arches
Half Leather
Sports Pack

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:58 pm
xzibit206 Senior Member

Kudos: 46
Had the same issue on mine. I was able to move the seat with my hands. Turns out a couple of bolts/nuts underneath had come loose. Try moving your seats with your hands, if you can then just tighten them up.
Gary , Nera Black 156 GT

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:35 am
richard.au User avatar

Kudos: 52
I had both the creaking and the clicking.

The creaking was mostly the seat belt latch rubbing against the lower side of the seat. Shifting the angle used to stop this.

The clicking was apparent on certan Gs, and was replaced under warranty. They exchanged the lower seat mech. Since then, the clicking has gone. But also, the creaking went away.

Now my drivers seat is perfect. :)

Do push for a warranty replacement. It's what is required.
2012 THP 200
Pearl White
Grey FauxLeather
19" Onyx Solstice Wheels
Tyre Pressure Sensors
Xenon Directional Lighting
JBL Sound
8GB USB stick

Return to Interior