Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Interior Rattles..... agghh

Rattles..... agghh

Leather, seats, dash, aircon, heaters & strange noises

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:20 pm
jb77 Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
I hate rattles in cars!!

Although my car is only a few days old I have noticed some rather irritating rattles.

One of the loudest is a vibrating/rattling noise that comes from the central armrest/holder. When it is down (closed) and cruising along, it rattles - I open it, hold the latch and it stops!! Any thoughts on remedying this one (I have tried playing the CD one already!!).... Driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding the armrest holder open is not the way I imagined an RCZ to be driven!!!!

Any comments/remedies/advice would be grateful.

JB

p.s 5 days into driving the RCZ and loving the despairing look of TT drivers looking at my RCZ in sheer jealousy!!!!

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:36 pm
binkybmf Senior Member

Kudos: 0
Is the latch closing properly? I had a similar problem but after forecfully closing the latch it was ok?
My Car
GT HDi 163,
Charcoal Black,
19" Sortilege Silver Wheels,
Black Mistral Leather,
Navigation Pack - NG4 3D Sat Nav (With Speed Camera's)

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:13 pm
tomy90 Senior Member

Kudos: 10
I get rattles in my car i find sometimes the rattles come and go but if its continues see peugeot about fixing the rattle (they should fix it for free they did for my fault)
Future BMW M235i owner - Melbourne Red - Now Mine

156 GT, Opal White, 19" 'Sportliege' Alloy Wheels Midnight Silver, Black Mirrors, Black Callipers, Black Leather, Black Mesh Grill, Black Side Stripe, Quad Exhaust (Feline Pack)

http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd447/TommySmurf/My%20RCZ/

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:53 pm
Gorwell Senior Member

Kudos: 30
jb77 wrote:
One of the loudest is a vibrating/rattling noise that comes from the central armrest/holder. When it is down (closed) and cruising along, it rattles - I open it, hold the latch and it stops!!

I had this for the first few weeks.
Doesn't matter what you do, it'll rattle.
Then, for whatever reason, it will suddenly stop and you will never hear it again.

It must be down to the number of times you open / close it. After a while, it just settles down on its own accord.

That's one rattle to scratch off your list. Hopefully, you won't have any / many others.
This car is pretty good for not having rattles :thumbup:

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:23 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
There is one really annoying rattle that just goes on and on, no matter what i've tried it just wont go away, so i've decided that the wife will have to travel separately.
It's the only solution ! :eusa-whistle:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:28 pm
bee Senior Member

Kudos: 29
its quite a large boot you know

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
bee wrote:
its quite a large boot you know

Mmmmm, now theres a thought. :beer:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:11 pm
bowser47 Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hi, Had the same problem with noise from armrest. When you open the armrest fully there is a small rubber mat in the bottom of the armrest. If you remove this there are some Torx screws.Try tightening them - worked on mine. No more rattles.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:29 pm
gadgetpuk User avatar

Kudos: 111
Only rattle I have experienced and I was looking all over for it was the key rings I had on the key soon as I took the culprit off it stopped.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.
Opal White 156 GT
19" Onyx Solstice Wheels
Type 1 Stripe Decal
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL Speakers

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:38 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
gadgetpuk wrote:
Only rattle I have experienced and I was looking all over for it was the key rings I had on the key soon as I took the culprit off it stopped.

Similar to me Pete. Took car back to dealership complaining of a rattle. Went for a test drive a there it was!! Yipee I thought.......... until he reached down and removed an empty tin from the shelf by the steering wheel and noise gone for good. :roll: :oops:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 375
I got the dealer to put a felt tape across the catch, as it was rubbing on the square opening for the catch to lock into. Mine only happened on very hot days after the car had been standing for a few hours. So far so good but its not been that hot since winter, British summers great way to cool down!
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm
JWT User avatar

Kudos: 96
I was driving and heard a rattling sound coming from around the passenger seat area. It even happened when I stopped at the traffic lights.

"Weird" I thought. Adjusted the passenger seat, took out the drinks bottle from the side pockets.

The sound continued; I was mystified.

A week later I discovered the issue. It turns out if you put a bit of paper into the glovebox, the cooling fan likes to blow if around and make a lovely rattle.

:shame:

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:22 pm
MaX83 User avatar

Kudos: 215
JWT wrote:
I was driving and heard a rattling sound coming from around the passenger seat area. It even happened when I stopped at the traffic lights.

"Weird" I thought. Adjusted the passenger seat, took out the drinks bottle from the side pockets.

The sound continued; I was mystified.

A week later I discovered the issue. It turns out if you put a bit of paper into the glovebox, the cooling fan likes to blow if around and make a lovely rattle.

:shame:

I've also got an annoying sound coming from the passenger seat... usually when the needle goes over 200kph... Noticed if I remove the wife from the passenger seat the sound disappears :beer:

Current: 2013 Peugeot 308 GTI THP 200
2013 BMW 328i(A) F30 M-Sport

Ex: 2013 Peugeot RCZ THP 200
2011 Citroen C4 THP 155
2008 Peugeot 207 GT THP 150

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:12 pm
Scott barton User avatar

Kudos: 113
2 years hard driving and 3 kids in the car - no rattles at all .
Lucky I guess.

Return to Interior