Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Interior Heaters query

Heaters query

Leather, seats, dash, aircon, heaters & strange noises

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:26 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 891
But surely it most really knock your fuel consumption leaving the A/C on all the time. Was climate control designed to be on permanently?
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
OO58RON wrote:
But surely it most really knock your fuel consumption leaving the A/C on all the time. Was climate control designed to be on permanently?

My thoughts entirely :eusa-think:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
I'm getting very good fuel comsumption so not noticed anything of significance :thumbup:
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:16 am
FGRob User avatar

Kudos: 1
When I was in Italy the AC was on all the time as the temp was about 30C :dance: and the car still returned an average of 45.1 mpg, the best I got was on a run through Austria, mixed use of AC which gave a return of 46.5 mpg.

Acccording to the tech guy from Peugeot, you are getting a slight drag from the compressor any way to stop it knackering up - technical term that :lol: so having it on is not really going to make a great deal of difference.

I did switch it on and off during a trip to see what the difference was, the average fuel only went down by about 0.5 to 0.7 mpg.

Rob.
Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:27 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 891
Ok from now on it shall remain in the auto mode. Something else that I have learnt on here
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:15 pm
garyj9418 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Now the weather has turned cold my rcz heater has decided to stop.It only blows cold on drivers side and warm on passenger side.
Any ideas?

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:26 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 845
Sounds like a faulty drivers side rheostat. Try turning the zone control off so you should get the same temp both sides.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:57 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 387
Turn the drivers side dial to what comfort level you like (21 or 22 works for me at this time of year) and press the 'Mono' button.

See if that helps. :thumbup:

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:02 pm
garyj9418 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Thanks for help guys tried that no difference . Peugeot dealer are saying blocked heater matrix anyone else had that seems unlikely ,blocked with what?

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:08 pm
Sanity Senior Member

Kudos: 43
Blocked by 4th floor French technology ;)

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:59 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 319
The petrol engines are also use in the minis and they often suffer with an airlock which then doesn't allow any heat through to the cabin.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 845
It does seem odd that it is only one side that's not working though, you would have thought there would have been one heat source that was split to either side & regulated by some sort of sensor.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Previous

Return to Interior