Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Interior Loose seat cushion

Loose seat cushion

Leather, seats, dash, aircon, heaters & strange noises

Post Mon May 22, 2017 6:02 pm
Sanity Senior Member

Kudos: 43
Evening fellas.
my drivers seat seems little loose. I can actually move is few millimeters up and down if I grab the seath cushion.
As far as I can see the bolts holding the seat to the floor are all good and tightened and the backrest is fine.

Has anyone else had this and how did you fix it?

Post Mon May 29, 2017 5:52 pm
Sanity Senior Member

No one with similar issue?
Hard to believe as it is a french car ;)
It actually feels like its getting worse atm :eusa-think: I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow and see if i can figure it out.

Post Mon May 29, 2017 8:42 pm
RCZIain Senior Member

Kudos: 67
Sanity wrote:
Hard to believe as it is an Austrian car ;)

Fixed :lol:
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 am
Sanity Senior Member

Ok so I found out what the noise was coming from.

There is a screw (10mm) that is loose making the seat feel unstable when cornering etc.
Problem is that where it attaches to the seat the nut is factory welded to the seat and i noticed that the thread is damaged so there aint no way to fix it without taking out the whole seat from the car?! :crazy: :lol:
poor quality to say the least.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 am
Jaggs Regular
Regular

Kudos: 7
Had our drivers seat cradle replaced under warranty a couple of months ago for a similar problem, now the passanger seat is doing the same but the part is on back order from Peugeot

Return to Interior