Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Interior Manual fabric to electric heated seats conversion

Manual fabric to electric heated seats conversion

Leather, seats, dash, aircon, heaters & strange noises

tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1781
Kudos: 372
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Plecodoras wrote:
TBH I think I'll just scrap the swapping seats bit and just buy a 308cc for my daily drive - best of both worlds and the interiors are the same, even better result. :dance:


Ok you do that and the I'll have your daily drive which your using atm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back


stewartwillsher User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 598
Kudos: 255
Location: Western Spain
tianorth wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:
TBH I think I'll just scrap the swapping seats bit and just buy a 308cc for my daily drive - best of both worlds and the interiors are the same, even better result. :dance:


Ok you do that and the I'll have your daily drive which your using atm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You do know plec's everyday motor, don't you? :eusa-whistle:
Duracel special!!! :roll:
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1279
Kudos: 632
Location: North Yorks
stewartwillsher wrote:
tianorth wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:
TBH I think I'll just scrap the swapping seats bit and just buy a 308cc for my daily drive - best of both worlds and the interiors are the same, even better result. :dance:


Ok you do that and the I'll have your daily drive which your using atm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You do know plec's everyday motor, don't you? :eusa-whistle:
Duracel special!!! :roll:



Ouch ! that was below the belt - Stewie :o

Image

I wouldn't be seen dead in one of thearse !
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
2retro wrote:
I think leather seats are overrated to be honest. Cold in winter, burn your skin off in summer, easy to mark or rip. I prefer the cloth ones!


After today I might tend to agree with you. Leather just looks soooo good in the RCZ.

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
stewartwillsher wrote:
2retro wrote:
I think leather seats are overrated to be honest. Cold in winter, burn your skin off in summer, easy to mark or rip. I prefer the cloth ones!

Not 'arf!!!
Our afternoon temp is now mid thirties.
Last year, out of interest, I used the IR remote thermometer, and ...
- wall temp in shade 35 ish :wtf:
- car park concrete 50 ish :wtf: :wtf:
- inside car in sun 90 ish :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
So other than first thing in morning, five mins before departure, turn on car with air cond.
Leather upholtery, by choice, what do you think?
NO FEAR!!! :twisted:



I'm beginning to question this project

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
Plecodoras wrote:
Just want to add first that I have removed and replaced three interiors on my old Peugeot 307cc's, for the record they came with black seats and doorcards, and I replaced them with cream..

Although I can't find the pictures at the moment, the wiring under the seats was complete with all the options on the harness, it is the seats which are different. As mentioned before it is to expensive to make several different harness's so they make one.

As with the bumper swap, all the connections were there ready to connect, as for programming I am not 100% sure, I would have thought they would just work IF the electronic control is within the seat and not from the ECU or similar.

I have thought about this change over and wondered since the RCZ shares it's internals with the 308cc, have you thought about putting the seats from a 308cc with the airscarf built in. All the air vents are already in the RCZ but they are blanked off ( which has caused problems when the caps fall off - as the audio head unit then over heats ) all you would have to do is connect the pipes and you would have hot / cold air blowing onto your neck. the seats are the same fitting and have the extra ducting within.

That's what I would do if I ever get a spare RCZ.

Cheers M.. :beer:


The 308 seats are quite nice but that just seems like more questions to be answered before committing to the purchase.

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
OK, Peugeot is getting a visit tomorrow (probably more than one) with the seat diagrams in hand to speak to, hopefully, someone who can be arsed to give me a yes or no answer.

I'll let you know

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
tianorth wrote:
From what I can see the wiring is in the seats, whether it will be able to connect into the main central harness is another question, but I would have thought that the harnesses would be the same (central ones) as they have the same part numbers and markings, it would also be cheaper to produce one harness then several options.

As to the PP2000 - probably would need to re configure some items, but would have thought if the seats plug into the harness then the seats should heat and move, but the memory settings and mirror memory is the thing that would need configuring.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk



It does look like they are the same. I'll get confirmation tomorrow when I visit Peugeot.

Interesting regarding the configuration of the mirror memory settings etc. If I read this correctly it might be that no config is needed at all unless I want to use the memory settings. We'll see.

stewartwillsher User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 598
Kudos: 255
Location: Western Spain
Plecodoras wrote:

Ouch ! that was below the belt - Stewie :o

Image

I wouldn't be seen dead in one of thearse !


One of these was good enough to tow the racer, so it can send me off.
And a bit of light music to go with it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTkNhdvWhDQ
Attachments
hearse.jpg
hearse.jpg (32.3 KiB) Viewed 705 times
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
tianorth wrote:
Maybe make a video or pictures of it showing the options you enable etc???!!!!???

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk



I will if I can be brave enough

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
Plecodoras wrote:
Just want to add first that I have removed and replaced three interiors on my old Peugeot 307cc's, for the record they came with black seats and doorcards, and I replaced them with cream..

Although I can't find the pictures at the moment, the wiring under the seats was complete with all the options on the harness, it is the seats which are different. As mentioned before it is to expensive to make several different harness's so they make one.

As with the bumper swap, all the connections were there ready to connect, as for programming I am not 100% sure, I would have thought they would just work IF the electronic control is within the seat and not from the ECU or similar.

I have thought about this change over and wondered since the RCZ shares it's internals with the 308cc, have you thought about putting the seats from a 308cc with the airscarf built in. All the air vents are already in the RCZ but they are blanked off ( which has caused problems when the caps fall off - as the audio head unit then over heats ) all you would have to do is connect the pipes and you would have hot / cold air blowing onto your neck. the seats are the same fitting and have the extra ducting within.

That's what I would do if I ever get a spare RCZ.

Cheers M.. :beer:


You now have me looking at 308cc seats. The half leather might be a great compromise. Could my little RCZ be the first to have air scarf? I'm certainly looking into it. Are the back seats compatible?

tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1781
Kudos: 372
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
308 coupe - 2 doorImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1279
Kudos: 632
Location: North Yorks
Helmski wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:
Just want to add first that I have removed and replaced three interiors on my old Peugeot 307cc's, for the record they came with black seats and doorcards, and I replaced them with cream..

Although I can't find the pictures at the moment, the wiring under the seats was complete with all the options on the harness, it is the seats which are different. As mentioned before it is to expensive to make several different harness's so they make one.

As with the bumper swap, all the connections were there ready to connect, as for programming I am not 100% sure, I would have thought they would just work IF the electronic control is within the seat and not from the ECU or similar.

I have thought about this change over and wondered since the RCZ shares it's internals with the 308cc, have you thought about putting the seats from a 308cc with the airscarf built in. All the air vents are already in the RCZ but they are blanked off ( which has caused problems when the caps fall off - as the audio head unit then over heats ) all you would have to do is connect the pipes and you would have hot / cold air blowing onto your neck. the seats are the same fitting and have the extra ducting within.

That's what I would do if I ever get a spare RCZ.

Cheers M.. :beer:


You now have me looking at 308cc seats. The half leather might be a great compromise. Could my little RCZ be the first to have air scarf? I'm certainly looking into it. Are the back seats compatible?



Well like I said if I had another RCZ I would definately change the front seats, cannot say for sure about the rear bench seat but it more than likely will fit but if you changed for the same front colour as your back then no one would know. But I'm pretty sure that there is no ducting for the rear headscarf, but you could probably get it to fit the exact same way from the 308cc donor car ?

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 51
Kudos: 9
Location: Wishaw
An update if anyone is replacing their manual cloth seats to electric. The god damn thing works. Plug and play. One out one in, same connection. The wiring harness is exactly the same. Only thing is the heated seats function doesn't work. Not sure if they were working before I got them or they needs to be an update to the ECU. I don't really care tbh.
Can't remember who recommended the Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner GT11 and GT12 but thanks. This stuff is amazing. Cleaned up the leather great and the conditioner makes the leather look and smell awesome. The leather smell even overpowers my California scents (Cherry mmmm) and every now and again you will get a whif of leathery cherry. It's an amazing space to be in.

Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1279
Kudos: 632
Location: North Yorks
Helmski wrote:
An update if anyone is replacing their manual cloth seats to electric. The god damn thing works. Plug and play. One out one in, same connection. The wiring harness is exactly the same. Only thing is the heated seats function doesn't work. Not sure if they were working before I got them or they needs to be an update to the ECU. I don't really care tbh.
Can't remember who recommended the Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner GT11 and GT12 but thanks. This stuff is amazing. Cleaned up the leather great and the conditioner makes the leather look and smell awesome. The leather smell even overpowers my California scents (Cherry mmmm) and every now and again you will get a whif of leathery cherry. It's an amazing space to be in.


Brilliant Helmski - good for you, I'm so pleased it worked ok, TBH I thought it would after my experiences with changing interiors and seats from pug to pug.
I'd still like to do the airscarfe just to be different, but it's not an option I'm willing to do as the R seats arrrre sooo goood - electric heating or not ( you know who you are LOL )
As for the harness, all the connections were the same, then the programming might do the rest, but with an unknown ( did they work before ? ) you might be having a fighting battle, but hey at least now you have the looks and feel of leather under your R'se ha ha !!
Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Previous

Return to Interior