Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Which tyres

Which tyres

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:51 pm
Tomas_90 User avatar

Kudos: 193
Abzynthe wrote:
Are the Vredestiens the ones with the weird tread pattern? I didnt think they looked very grippy on the pics lol.

Wouldn't say that...
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:53 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1021

Ah ok. :)

These are the ones I saw.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:56 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 835
Abzynthe wrote:
Ah ok. :)

These are the ones I saw.

Ooh I like those, better start putting pennies in the piggy I think :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:03 pm
the big blue Senior Member

Kudos: 202
Hi' all :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ-R ..I mentioned the load index simply to point it out as I was put off the Goodyears purely because of the fact of the load rating even though in real world terms I'm sure it wouldn't really make a difference other than maybe to an insurance company. ,,Like I say its the 'power of marketing' AND Peugeot simply adjusting their recommendation to suit that of their supplier, therefore I bet 92 / 96 load rating probably in your words equates to B******* even if I can't bring myself to write it ! :beer:

Renegade79 ,,did your supplier forget to tell you that "the big blue" owns the warehouse next to that racetrack in France and its where I store all my part worn re-treads prior to selling them as new :thumbup:

AND on my final controversial note ,,its the Eurocrats that have made an issue about tyre noise and once again those damn marketing fiends that have packaged it nicely to help sell their products! Tyre noise inside the cabin can be dealt with by manufacturers using sufficient noise isolation and deadening materials in the wheel arches etc BUT that would add weight and weight adds to emissions. Road surface is probably the greatest influence ,,not to mention all the pot holes in the UK.

Next the Eurocrats will turn their attention to 'engine noise' as the governing body did with Formula 1 and didnt they sound nice in 2014 :( . If all this carries on we'll end up with hybrid petrol/ electric engines in our Z's ,,did I hear someone whisper PRIUS as they are mighty quiet AND have a unique styling silhouette also !! :twisted:

.the big blue (..another installment from the recluse on the Forum back benches !) :oops:

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:26 am
hubcaps Member

Kudos: 10
The ones with the weird tread pattern is the Sessanta type. Not available in our size.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:31 am
hubcaps Member

Kudos: 10
the big blue wrote:

RCZ-R ..I mentioned the load index simply to point it out as I was put off the Goodyears purely because of the fact of the load rating even though in real world terms I'm sure it wouldn't really make a difference other than maybe to an insurance company. ,,Like I say its the 'power of marketing' AND Peugeot simply adjusting their recommendation to suit that of their supplier, therefore I bet 92 / 96 load rating probably in your words equates to B******* even if I can't bring myself to write it ! :beer:

Renegade79 ,,did your supplier forget to tell you that "the big blue" owns the warehouse next to that racetrack in France and its where I store all my part worn re-treads prior to selling them as new :thumbup:

AND on my final controversial note ,,its the Eurocrats that have made an issue about tyre noise and once again those damn marketing fiends that have packaged it nicely to help sell their products! Tyre noise inside the cabin can be dealt with by manufacturers using sufficient noise isolation and deadening materials in the wheel arches etc BUT that would add weight and weight adds to emissions. Road surface is probably the greatest influence ,,not to mention all the pot holes in the UK.

Next the Eurocrats will turn their attention to 'engine noise' as the governing body did with Formula 1 and didnt they sound nice in 2014 :( . If all this carries on we'll end up with hybrid petrol/ electric engines in our Z's ,,did I hear someone whisper PRIUS as they are mighty quiet AND have a unique styling silhouette also !! :twisted:

.the big blue (..another installment from the recluse on the Forum back benches !) :oops:

Quite agree

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 149
the big blue wrote:

Cheers. Those GYs have an 92 load index on my R. According to COC papers I can ride as low as 89 load index on the R.
I agree with you that most of the options at 235/40/19 are 96 load index. Those Mich Sport Cup 2 are available on 96 only.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:56 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
235/40 ZR19 96Y
Passenger summer
XL 214.43£
-39% 130.99£
109,16 £ ET

Free delivery 48h72h
Free delivery for two identical tyres bought.
In stock

Just found the above at Tyreleader £130.99 per tyre, delivered (not including fitting, but I can get that for @ £10 per tyre locally).

I don't need them just yet, but pretty sure before the end of the summer a couple of these will come in handy.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:05 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 312
DKZ5745 wrote:
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
235/40 ZR19 96Y
Passenger summer
XL 214.43£
-39% 130.99£
109,16 £ ET

Free delivery 48h72h
In stock

Just found the above at Tyreleader £130.99 per tyre, delivered (not including fitting, but I can get that for @ £10 per tyre locally).

I don't need them just yet, but pretty sure before the end of the summer a couple of these will come in handy.

can't argue with that price. how's the piggy bank looking now? any nearer the quads??? :dance:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:13 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Not a chance. I think I can see a new kitchen on the horizon long before any quads appear :thumbdown:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 am
stagger321 User avatar

Kudos: 66
DKZ5745 wrote:
Not a chance. I think I can see a new kitchen on the horizon long before any quads appear :thumbdown:

Why would you want a kitchen in your car DKZ? :wtf:
Cheers

Stagger

----------------------------------------------------------
RCZ 'R' : 2014 - Mercury Grey
Triumph Stag : 1974 - White - Original Triumph V8

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:15 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

I thought that's what that strange space behind the front two seats was for, cos you can't get any people in there :P
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:19 am
stagger321 User avatar

Kudos: 66
Cheers

Stagger

RCZ 'R' : 2014 - Mercury Grey
Triumph Stag : 1974 - White - Original Triumph V8

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:22 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Ha! The old helmet box. Can you get them from RczPerformance ? Perhaps a group buy :crazy:

Nice air filter though :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:26 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

DKZ5745 wrote:
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
235/40 ZR19 96Y
Passenger summer
XL 214.43£
-39% 130.99£
109,16 £ ET

Free delivery 48h72h
In stock

For some reason the price is still going down.... Quoting £129.19 each today: at this rate, by the time I need them, I should be able to get them for @ £40 each :shock: :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:37 pm
Tomas_90 User avatar

Kudos: 193
DKZ5745 wrote:
I thought that's what that strange space behind the front two seats was for, cos you can't get any people in there :P

Hey i had 3 average sized people sitting back there while driving! :lol:
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:04 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Did you take them straight to the hospital or did you call off somewhere first :lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:26 pm
CheBurashka Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
Does anybody know if 265/40/18 tyres fit RCZ?

I have some doubts about the front wheel.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:37 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1021

Looking at a tyre calculator, its pretty much the same sidewall height and circumference as the standard tyre. I do think it would rub on the front due to the width though. I have 255 and it rubs on full lock sometimes.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 pm
CheBurashka Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
Yep, got that...

Another problem - for 265/40/18 9J or more width is needed, while stock 18" rims are 8.0J...

255/35/19 seems to be the answer.

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension