Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Which tyres

Which tyres

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:43 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 249

For me it's all about confidence with my tyres in that they will grip when I need to, mainly when going into corners at speed and great handling in the wet. For that I spend the money for MPSS's which I get for £175.00 each. I have not found a better tyre yet for the RCZ. Goodyear's would be my next choice but when the MPSS's do such a fantastic job, no need to change.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:45 pm

CheBurashka wrote:
Yep, got that...

Another problem - for 265/40/18 9J or more width is needed, while stock 18" rims are 8.0J...

255/35/19 seems to be the answer.

265 are too wide for 8.0" wheels, even 255 are not recommended, they should be mounted on 8.5" to 10". 245's is as wide as I would go on an 8.0" wheel, anymore and you can expect sidewall roll as the wheel and sidewall geometry is incorrect.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:06 pm
marinipersonal Senior Member

Kudos: 12
I can recommend the MPSS to anyone looking for an excellent tyre. I can say why: my car, which was a second hand came with Accelera in the front and almost bald Continental in the back. Always when next to 60mph or over, the vibration was ridiculous, and losing grip when a bit fast in corners or roundabouts. I was a bit disappointed with my RCZ. The last call was to replace the tyres and see if anything would improve. I can say it was fantastic. I feel like driving a total different car. I believe that as others suggested most of the premium tyres will justify their price tag.

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
We will be getting the re002's for the next set of tyres. We have had the contie 3's and the Dunlop sportsmaxx's and I don't rate them. The re002's are a nice predictable tyre with decent grip in all conditions. They arnt ultimately as good as the mpss or a semi slick but they are hard to beat for a decent tyre that will not break the bank.

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:30 pm
t110jim Senior Member

Kudos: 19
I have got vredestien ultrac vortis fitted last week took car out yesterday for first time seem quieter than contis . Have yet to see how well they grip ride seems similar.

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:47 am
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 40
after 1 week with the new p-zero i have to say that they are magnificent in wet road!!
they make less noise than conti sport contact 3 and the grip is just perfect.
i have 268 hp and i can't make them spin even with 1st gear!!
i haven' t test them yet in corners but the first impression is absolutely great

i have not tried other tyres in this car so i can only compare them with the disappointing oem conti and the conclusion is that there is nothing to compare.
p-zero are just much better everywhere
all the tyre shops that i asked told me the same thing "p-zero are by far better than everything else in this category and don't look for anything else" and as it seems they where right

i hope that they will last for quite a long because they are not cheap
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:59 pm
tony1968 User avatar

ONLY AEK wrote:
after 1 week with the new p-zero i have to say that they are magnificent in wet road!!
they make less noise than conti sport contact 3 and the grip is just perfect.
i have 268 hp and i can't make them spin even with 1st gear!!
i haven' t test them yet in corners but the first impression is absolutely great

i have not tried other tyres in this car so i can only compare them with the disappointing oem conti and the conclusion is that there is nothing to compare.
p-zero are just much better everywhere
all the tyre shops that i asked told me the same thing "p-zero are by far better than everything else in this category and don't look for anything else" and as it seems they where right

i hope that they will last for quite a long because they are not cheap

Thats probably the long gearing of a 156 thats stopping you spinning your front wheels or you are not trying hard enough ;)
Hope you are not running on standard internals for 268bhp :o

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:01 pm
tony1968 User avatar

Goodyear Eagle F1's on my R, very good wet or dry, very progressive in the wet which helps with the lsd :)

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:05 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

tony1968 wrote:
Thats probably the long gearing of a 156 thats stopping you spinning your front wheels or you are not trying hard enough ;)

the same gearing which with conti used to spin until i had 3d gear in ;)

of course i have stock internals
if i wasn't and had this horsepower i would be very dissapointed.. :mrgreen:

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:22 pm
tony1968 User avatar

ONLY AEK wrote:
tony1968 wrote:

the same gearing which with conti used to spin until i had 3d gear in ;)

of course i have stock internals
if i wasn't and had this horsepower i would be very dissapointed.. :mrgreen:

Ouch! Wouldnt want to run stock internals at that power, 250bhp is pushing it and many a mini owner can tell ya that it will let go, just when rather then if :(

And the gearing on the 156 has longer gearing than say a 200 or R, is a proper GT as the others are much more agressively done :)

Though I could easily get pirellli's to light up wet or dry, not hard in a fwd car ;)

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:23 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Look man I dont understand what you are trying to do
This thread is for tyres
as i said i changed mine recently and i wrote my oppinion to help any other member of this forum
if you tried the same tyres you can say your opinion too
what i ve done with my car and if or when it will broke is my issue and we can discuss it in another thread if you want
As for the gearing i dont see why you put it in the discuss
I have one car which used to wear conti and now wears pirelli
it has the same hp and gearing
i reported the difference i noticed by changing the tyres and the tyres only
of course i can make it spin if i want to but thats another issue too

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:27 pm
dormz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Has anyone fitted the Uniroyal RainSport 3 tyres please.

On paper they look good. But I'd like to get a fellow RCZ drivers perspective on these.

Link to Tyre details:

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/u ... e=32695783

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:55 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

I know 3 persons with uni rain 3
they are all very satisfied but they all have small light cars..

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:59 pm
dormz Regular
Regular

ONLY AEK wrote:
I know 3 persons with uni rain 3
they are all very satisfied but they all have small light cars..

Thank you. The rain 3 are classified 'XL' so an odd choice for a small light car.

The reviews do seem good, but I'm always weary of a lesser-known brand.

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:35 pm

If you are not wanting anything performance related from these tyres then I am sure they will do what they are designed for.

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:12 pm
rcz200it Regular
Regular

Its very simple.. Continental contactsport vs goodyear f1
Continental if you do more motorway, high speed stability and braking, but more understeer in corners and tyres last half against goodyear f1

Goodyear f1 for more b roads, less understeer in corners, tyres Last twice as much, less tyre noise and best fuel consumption, less high speed stability on straights and braking

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:37 pm
dormz Regular
Regular

A little price comparison as of today (22/12/16)
(brand and name, Price, fuel efficiency[A-G] , Wet performance [A-G], Noise (decibels)

Tyre size: 235/40/R19

Uniroyal RainSport 3 XL, £149.66, C, A, 72

Continental Sport Contact 3, £174.50, E, B, 72

Goodyear Eagle F1 A2, £171.61, E, B, 68

Pirelli P Zero N0, £167.95, E, A, 71

Michelin Pilot Super Sport, £193.01, E, A, 71

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:20 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Pirelli p-zero c,a,68

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:37 am
dormz Regular
Regular

ONLY AEK wrote:
Pirelli p-zero c,a,68

Can you publish a link to this rating please? Cant seem to find it.

Perhaps this is'nt the NERO version....?

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:48 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 143
Compared to the very very old Conti 3 the P Zero is a great tyre. Without any doubt. I had them too.
But compared to GoodYear Assy 2 or the newer 3 version, I'd pick them over the Pirellis anytime. The P Zero offers way too more grip for the RCZ's chassis. Wear off is also a problem on those. Yes, the GY also wears off quickly but not as quickly as those Pirellis. But the biggest issue with the Pirelli is the wet grip when tread goes below 4mm. Very tricky. Opposite to that you can have those GYs which perform in wet absolutely safe even with as low as 2mm of tread.
Also the overall balance of the car on those GYs improves(no matter if tackling B roads at high pace or ploughing through hispeed corners on autobahns at 155mph). Been there, done that many times.
I had Pirelli P zero, Pirelli winter tyres, Michelin PSS and GY Assy 2 on the RCZ and I would always pick the GYs. Conti 3 are such an old tyre there is no need to compare it to the newer one.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension