Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Spare wheel - Solutions available

Spare wheel - Solutions available

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 pm
Tomas_90 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 966
Kudos: 193
Location: Finland
OO58RON wrote:
Tomas_90 wrote:
On the subject of tires.... Will four 19" stock tires fit in the car just for transporting purposes? If you cram them in wherever you can.
Yes. I fitted all four 19" tyres into mine. Method. Empty boot completely, Store one tyre in the well beneath the boot carpet, Slide passenger seat forward and lower rear seat back, slide a tyre through the boot opening into the space created by moving passenger seat forward and the other two will slide easily into the boot space. Wouldn't be ideal for a long journey as the passenger seat impedes your view of the door mirror.

I see, thanks :thumbup:
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers


Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 am
dickie Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 2
Kudos: 0
I was fortunate to have a second vehicle to originally pick up the wheels, then fitted them myself when weather changed. Only went back after fitting them to the RCZ when found the steering vibration and they rectified it there and then.
It will probably take some juggling and a couple of large sheets to protect your seats, 1 in boot and (or 1 in spare wheel well), 2 on back seat and 1 on front passenger seat! depends how far you live, who ever fits them may drop them off home for you! Atomic do have wheel storage and a van! :thumbup:

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 pm
Tomas_90 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 966
Kudos: 193
Location: Finland
dickie wrote:
I was fortunate to have a second vehicle to originally pick up the wheels, then fitted them myself when weather changed. Only went back after fitting them to the RCZ when found the steering vibration and they rectified it there and then.
It will probably take some juggling and a couple of large sheets to protect your seats, 1 in boot and (or 1 in spare wheel well), 2 on back seat and 1 on front passenger seat! depends how far you live, who ever fits them may drop them off home for you! Atomic do have wheel storage and a van! :thumbup:

I was more thinking in the lines of buying the actual car and getting the tires home with me. But since it obviously can be done, it's great info :D
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:36 pm
Oakville Member
Member

Posts: 78
Kudos: 5
I've read these posts with great interest. Clearly people have done a lot of research. Looks like I'm going to pushed down the priciest road - it's fine at home (in Northern Ireland) where you can call the AA if you can't sort the repair thing yourself (I couldn't - not a clue) and can get to a Peugeot garage for a proper replacement. I can follow Peugeot's reasoning. But we spend a lot of time in rural France, and the thought of trying to sort all that out there is not a happy thought. We could be stuck - anywhere - without a car for days. Going to have to bite the bullet and buy a wheel/tyre and stick it in the boot. It will not be a cheap fix - will keep you posted about what we end up paying. As very loyal Peugeot customers I hope we'll at least get the 'family and friends' discount.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 6156
Kudos: 891
Location: York
Oakville wrote:
I've read these posts with great interest. Clearly people have done a lot of research. Looks like I'm going to pushed down the priciest road - it's fine at home (in Northern Ireland) where you can call the AA if you can't sort the repair thing yourself (I couldn't - not a clue) and can get to a Peugeot garage for a proper replacement. I can follow Peugeot's reasoning. But we spend a lot of time in rural France, and the thought of trying to sort all that out there is not a happy thought. We could be stuck - anywhere - without a car for days. Going to have to bite the bullet and buy a wheel/tyre and stick it in the boot. It will not be a cheap fix - will keep you posted about what we end up paying. As very loyal Peugeot customers I hope we'll at least get the 'family and friends' discount.

You get what ya pay for. The option that you choose is based upon the importance that you place on a spare wheel. Peace of mind for me is everything hence I got the full size wheel, trolley jack, torque wrench socket and wrench. Not a cheap option, but covers all the angles and gives peace of mind. Downside, all that weight in the boot has reduced my MPG figures
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Image

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:05 pm
dand87 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 736
Kudos: 157
Location: Kent
I bought a refurbed alloy (£127 from eBay - bargain in my opinion, same seller is still selling the sortliege ones now) and a cheap tyre (£102). I don't drive the car during the week but I will normally do a long trip every other weekend to see friends and family so peace of mind that I would be able to get back home easily and quickly is the reason I went for the full size.

Just managed about an hour ago to get round to putting in the boot. Had to let air out of the tyre but the 19" with tyre did fit into the spare wheel space well. Does push the boot carpet up slightly but the mrs didn't notice anything was different. A picture can tell a thousand words and all that...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.61 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (74.08 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (108.84 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
Weekday - High Speed 1.
Weekend - Pearl White RCZ GT with Onyx Black Solstice alloys, feline kit, NG4, K&N air filter, tinted rear 1/4's, LED DRL's/interior lights, Phillips Extreme Vision and private plate.
Dodgy car parks - the missus' Black Fiesta MK 7 Tdci Zetec S w/Street Pack.

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:12 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 6156
Kudos: 891
Location: York
I have levelled the carpet by use of a couple of hard foam spacers. Problem solved :thumbup:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Image

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 am
hem User avatar

Regular
Regular

Posts: 13
Kudos: 3
Just a heads up, if you keep checking ebay from time to time you can pick up a spare original alloy cheap.

just got my onyx Black SORTILEGE ( REFURBISHED BACK TO FACTORY STANDARDS ) for £150
which is immaculate.
Then regarding the Wheel/Tyre fitting into the boot issue. i bought a nearly new yokohama 235/35/19 advan sport Tyre With 7.5mm of tread for just £55 and by going down to 235/35/19 Tyre profile instead of 235/40/19 Tyre profile. It fits into the boot well without having to deflate.


Already had a spare jack and wheel brace so came to £225 all in with shipping. :clap:
Image

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 am
dand87 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 736
Kudos: 157
Location: Kent
Sounds like the same seller I bought mine from - Castleford Peugeot? Absolute bargains if you are looking for a spare.
Weekday - High Speed 1.
Weekend - Pearl White RCZ GT with Onyx Black Solstice alloys, feline kit, NG4, K&N air filter, tinted rear 1/4's, LED DRL's/interior lights, Phillips Extreme Vision and private plate.
Dodgy car parks - the missus' Black Fiesta MK 7 Tdci Zetec S w/Street Pack.

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm
hem User avatar

Regular
Regular

Posts: 13
Kudos: 3
Yeah dand87, it was from Castleford Peugeot...

it was actually your post above that made me look into it further. Originally was going to go down the spacesaver route like others mentioned because i wasn't really prepared to pay £500+ for a original spare
but £225 is a steel.

so props buddy.
Image

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:27 am
RCZ-THP200 User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 61
Kudos: 17
Joske wrote:
I just discovered that the new Peugeot 508 in some specs comes with a 18" spacesaver.

I will check it out with my dealer next week but the ordernr should be 5401 V5 and 5400 V0 (tire).


Great find!! Only problem the 5400 V0 tyre is a 135/80-18 which is already bigger in diameter than the original full size 19s and members here are saying an inflated 19s doesn't fit in the spare wheel space in the boot.
THP200 Shark Grey RCZ - 6 Speed Manual - 19" Sortilege wheels

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 am
OO58RON User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 6156
Kudos: 891
Location: York
RCZ-THP200 wrote:
Joske wrote:
I just discovered that the new Peugeot 508 in some specs comes with a 18" spacesaver.

I will check it out with my dealer next week but the ordernr should be 5401 V5 and 5400 V0 (tire).


Great find!! Only problem the 5400 V0 tyre is a 135/80-18 which is already bigger in diameter than the original full size 19s and members here are saying an inflated 19s doesn't fit in the spare wheel space in the boot.

It will if it is slightly deflated, which is not a problem as we have a compressor supplied with the car. If you're going to have a spare why not one that is the correct size? It allows you to change the wheel and carry on your journey as normal rather than reduced speeds, it also gives you the time to get your punctured one repaired or replaced at leisure
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Image

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 pm
RCZ-THP200 User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 61
Kudos: 17
So to recap the 7 pages here are the solutions available:

1- use an original 19" standard wheel and tyre deflating required
2- use an original 18" standard wheel and tyre no deflating required
- if cost is an issue use a cheap aftermarket 18" wheel with less tyre width like 205/50-18 or 215/45-18
3- use 18" space saver wheel from Peugeot 508 deflating required (unless lower profile tyre is found)
4- use 17" space saver from Peugeot 407 no deflating required but will only fit rear wheels
5- use Jaguar 18" space saver modification of wheel center bore required
THP200 Shark Grey RCZ - 6 Speed Manual - 19" Sortilege wheels

OO58RON User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 6156
Kudos: 891
Location: York
What a great service. I sent an Email today to my main dealer to ask if they had or could get a couple of Wheel Positioning Posts for me. They replied within the hour to say.............


"Hi the posts are available from Peugeot (671709) at £7.78 each inc Vat. Normally 2 working days to order in."


So for anybody unfamiliar as to what these are, they are posts that you screw into the hole once you have removed a wheel bolt. It has two functions, it allows you to remove the wheel without it dropping onto your brake disc and potentially marking your alloy and secondly is used to guide the wheel back on so the the holes line up correctly. :thumbup:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Image

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:07 pm
RCZ-THP200 User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 61
Kudos: 17
I am not sure if this is already known but i just discovered that the front discs of the THP156 engine is smaller than the front discs of the THP200 engine, so I guess the 17" space saver will fit the rear and front of THP156 cars.

THP200 front disc 340 mm - THP156 front disc 302 mm
Last edited by RCZ-THP200 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THP200 Shark Grey RCZ - 6 Speed Manual - 19" Sortilege wheels

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 pm
kentdriver Regular
Regular

Posts: 15
Kudos: 0
Location: RAINHAM GILLINGHAM KENT
OO58RON wrote:
What a great service. I sent an Email today to my main dealer to ask if they had or could get a couple of Wheel Positioning Posts for me. They replied within the hour to say.............


"Hi the posts are available from Peugeot (671709) at £7.78 each inc Vat. Normally 2 working days to order in."


So for anybody unfamiliar as to what these are, they are posts that you screw into the hole once you have removed a wheel bolt. It has two functions, it allows you to remove the wheel without it dropping onto your brake disc and potentially marking your alloy and secondly is used to guide the wheel back on so the the holes line up correctly. :thumbup:




Found one of these on Ebay for the same cost. Makes wheel changes much easier, as the 19's are quite heavy to juggle !
Just like the old days with studs.

Cheers,
Mike.
200 THP GT
CHARCOAL
GREY BLUE FRISSON INTEGRAL LEATHER
VISIBILITY PACK

BMW E46 M3
AEGEAN BLUE/EXTENDED CHAMPAGNE LEATHER/BBS WHEELS

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:58 pm
mikeyv60 Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 230
Kudos: 26
RCZ-THP200 wrote:
So to recap the 7 pages here are the solutions available:

1- use an original 19" standard wheel and tyre deflating required
2- use an original 18" standard wheel and tyre no deflating required
- if cost is an issue use a cheap aftermarket 18" wheel with less tyre width like 205/50-18 or 215/45-18
3- use 18" space saver wheel from Peugeot 508 deflating required (unless lower profile tyre is found)
4- use 17" space saver from Peugeot 407 no deflating required but will only fit rear wheels
5- use Jaguar 18" space saver modification of wheel center bore required




5- use Jaguar 18" space saver modification of wheel center bore required[/quote]
I have a already prepared Jag spacesaver for sale and tool kit if interested?

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 am
jactac User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3061
Kudos: 508
Location: Swansea
RCZ-THP200 wrote:
So to recap the 7 pages here are the solutions available:

1- use an original 19" standard wheel and tyre deflating required
2- use an original 18" standard wheel and tyre no deflating required
- if cost is an issue use a cheap aftermarket 18" wheel with less tyre width like 205/50-18 or 215/45-18
3- use 18" space saver wheel from Peugeot 508 deflating required (unless lower profile tyre is found)
4- use 17" space saver from Peugeot 407 no deflating required but will only fit rear wheels
5- use Jaguar 18" space saver modification of wheel center bore required


All of the above. :thumbup:

I use option 1 without any probs what so ever, (tyre only needs slight deflation) :thumbup:

Do consider covering the spare wheel and tyre with something though, as I've noticed, and I believe other's have too, that there's some condensation in the tyre well since putting the spare wheel in the tyre well. However, since covering with a cotton sheet or something simular all is ok. :thumbup:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:01 pm
RCZNI User avatar

Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
Location: Belfast
RCZ-THP200 wrote:
I am not sure if this is already known but i just discovered that the front discs of the THP156 engine is smaller than the front discs of the THP200 engine, so I guess the 17" space saver will fit the rear and front of THP156 cars.

THP200 front disc 340 mm - THP156 front disc 302 mm



Has anyone checked this out yet - i.e. will a 17" space saver (ex 407) fit the front of the THP 156 due to smaller discs?

Also, there is a note earlier in this thread from 'Peugeot' (posting in 2011) re they were looking at an official spare wheel option. Does anyone know if they have progressed this - i.e. can you buy an official space saver for the RCZ?

Many thanks in anticipation.
2011 Charcoal Grey 156 GT

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 6156
Kudos: 891
Location: York
RCZNI wrote:
RCZ-THP200 wrote:
I am not sure if this is already known but i just discovered that the front discs of the THP156 engine is smaller than the front discs of the THP200 engine, so I guess the 17" space saver will fit the rear and front of THP156 cars.

THP200 front disc 340 mm - THP156 front disc 302 mm



Has anyone checked this out yet - i.e. will a 17" space saver (ex 407) fit the front of the THP 156 due to smaller discs?

Also, there is a note earlier in this thread from 'Peugeot' (posting in 2011) re they were looking at an official spare wheel option. Does anyone know if they have progressed this - i.e. can you buy an official space saver for the RCZ?

Many thanks in anticipation.


Yes they did. However it was a full sized original one that they did. This is the literature that they produced about 2 years ago.

Image
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Image

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension