Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Spare wheel - Solutions available

Spare wheel - Solutions available

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 713
Johnny Boy wrote:
I have just purchased a spare 19" Sortilege rim with a continental tyre fitted, both in quite good condition. This came complete with jack and wheel brace and a polystyrene housing to fit in the centre of the wheel, all from e-bay for £250 plus carriage. The wheel fits in the space in the boot, left by removing the original polystyrene fitting that contained the useless rubber inflating kit without being deflated. The rim and tyre fit very slightly proud of the original fitment and so the boot floor has been raised by about 0.5". The problem I have now is that I can hear it bouncing and moving about as I corner and go over larger bumps. Can anyone recommend a fitment to go through the rim centre to screw it onto the base of the under boot space? I am not even sure what the part is called, any suggestions (polite only please).

Could you try padding out with sponges to stop the rattles?
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Thu May 16, 2019 12:20 pm
Janey Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi, We've just bought a second hand 2013 RCZ GT THP 156 with 19" wheels. (The tyre wall markings read 235 40 R19) It's lovely :)
There is no spare wheel, only a repair kit, but there might be room for a space saver?
In the spare wheel cavity there does appear to be a block in to which the spare could be secured.
The sales place suggested going to eBay, or contacting a Peugeot dealer.
The Peugeot dealer said just a wheel would be £400 plus.
My local independent Citroen mechanic couldn't find an appropriate wheel but agreed that contacting this forum would be a good idea. [he did recommend because of a regular problem with this (BMW Mini) engine I check the oil level weekly and top up with 5/30 fully synthetic C3 when necessary].
I've read through a few threads on this forum and seen there are potentially a few problems identifying which then fitting a correct sized spare around the callipers etc, also I don't know if having non standard 19" wheels creates an additional problem.
Any ideas, please?
Many thanks
Janey

Post Thu May 16, 2019 8:38 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1246
Congratulations on your new ride. You are in for a real treat.

A photo of the wheels would help us identify if they are standard Peugeot.

The tyre markings would suggest that they are probably standard RCZ wheels.

You are correct in thinking you can get a spare wheel in the boot if you remove the polystyrene insert.

A quick search in the forum will throw up several threads relating to this subject, with various solutions as a viable spare.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Black Pack
Vision Pack
Nav Pack
Sport pack

Post Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Hi and welcome to the forum, there are loads of options available but if your after a spare your better buying a second hand alloy to match the ones on your car they can be found on eBay and prices seem to be going down, as your dealer has said a new alloy would be close to £400, but a good one on eBay would be around £100, there are space savers available with the same five stud pattern again just search on eBay, as for clearance to discs all genuine RCZ alloys are fine weather 18” or 19” it’s just the RCZR that has 9” wide alloys to clear the large front brake discs :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sun May 19, 2019 4:11 pm
Janey Newbie

Thank you Neil and DKZ for your replies, I've attached (I think) a photo of the wheel. I'm fairly sure it was fitted by Peugeot as an upgrade at time of initial purchase.
If you think a second alloy will be good, that would be my preferred option.
Would a 235/40 R 19 fit into the spare wheel well and
Does it need to be a Peugeot brand?
Janey
Attachments
RCZ wheel 235..40 R 19.JPG
RCZ wheel 235..40 R 19.JPG (106.97 KiB) Viewed 1330 times

Post Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1246
So, what you have there are OEM Peugeot Sortilege wheels. :thumbup:

As for fitting in the boot, I have never tried, but I think there are many on here that will know more. :eusa-think:

I do believe I have read on here that it should fit but worth getting a more educated answer from someone who has done it.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Black Pack
Vision Pack
Nav Pack
Sport pack

Post Sun May 19, 2019 10:19 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Yes a sortilege will fit in the wheel well tight but will go but stands proud so makes the boot liner bulge so you have to pad around to support the boot liner. :thumbup:

Post Tue May 21, 2019 11:30 am
Jumper Regular
Regular

Kudos: 6
hubcaps wrote:
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After trawling through this thread a few times I decided this was my solution too. The wheel with tyre is a great fit on the car and it goes in the boot wheel well no problem. 407 alloy with part worn tyre £49 on Ebay delivered today. I already had a mini flat trolley jack that I carried around in my Saab so that's now in a cargo holder in the RCZ and I already had a couple of 17mm Wheel brace wrenches. Thanks a lot hubcaps I feel a little less vulnerable now. :clap:
"If In Doubt Flat Out" Colin McRae
Pearl White MK1 GT156 SatNav Quad pipes

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:16 pm
Janey Newbie

Quick update several months later: I had a problem following a slight kerbing which split the valve due to a protruding valve cap. Slow puncture was inflated using the on board electric pump but ended up needing a new tyre and valve sensor. I've replaced the protruding valve caps with ordinary small ones. I've also bought a full sized spare alloy wheel and tyre from eBay for £50, arrived today. It fits in the spare wheel well, I must now check if it fits onto the actual car.
RCZ spare Ebay small.jpeg
RCZ spare Ebay small.jpeg (192.04 KiB) Viewed 259 times
RCZspare small.jpg
RCZspare small.jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 259 times

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:01 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Slightly different rolling circumference but well within tolerance :thumbup: great cheap spare :beer:

Previous

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension