Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Front clonk again

Front clonk again

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:24 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
Check your anti-roll bar bushes. If your getting the knock over bumps it could be a bit of play in the bar mount.

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:31 pm
Big Dave User avatar

Kudos: 15
DRTDVL wrote:
Check your anti-roll bar bushes. If your getting the knock over bumps it could be a bit of play in the bar mount.

My car has only done 5000 miles and developed a knocking noise on the front drivers side. After doing a bit of research I found that Peugeot are well aware of this fault so I booked it in at my local dealer. The car was later returned after saying they couldn't find anything so re greasing some part hence an argument ensued after trying to bulls!*t me it was sorted. Being an Engineer I began to explain that no amount of grease would fix it permanently and to keep hold of the car until they could come up with a real solution. One week later the shock absorber bushes were replaced and RESULT nice quiet car .
RCZ GT THP 200

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
I hate that we greased some stuff... it's fixed shit.

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:26 am
wrapper Banned
Banned

Kudos: 73
I had a similiar prob until i found a ginger tom stuck in wheelarch,it had a head like a bull but when i pulled it out it had died some time previously.It seems they are attracted to the heat of the car engine. It seems to be a prob more on the 2l diesel as it gets warmer and more atraccive to felines.
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:36 am
Lordellpus Newbie

Kudos: 0
I picked mine up on the first of september. Red carbon model. Noticed a slight knocking straight away. When it went in for the first inspection i mentioned it. parts ordered and they had it back in. Both top strut mounts changed and now its knock free.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:14 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 820
So, I finally got fed up of the clonking noise, which now seems to have spread to BOTH front wheels, and the rear near side. The only one I haven't noticed it from is the rear offside.

I contacted my local Pug dealer in Wakefield, and it is going in for an initial free inspection tomorrow. I asked over the phone if they could assure me this would be a warranty repair if it was the shock mounts, but they refused to speculate until after seeing the car.

Can anyone confirm they have had mounts replaced under warranty? My car is 13 months old and 13k on the clock. I have had it 9 weeks and done 1100 miles.

The dealer I bought it from is a £50 petrol round trip away from me, but it did come with a 12 week warranty from them, so if the Pug dealer says it's not covered, I can always go back to them.
The reason for choosing the local garage is obvious, 1. it's a Pug dealer 2. it's local, so easier to arrange transport when I leave the car there, but if it's going to cost a fortune, it would be worth the petrol/time/inconvenience etc to go back to the supplying garage.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:02 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 297
If your car is 13 months old doesn't the 3 year manufacture's warranty get transferred to the new owner?
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

It does yes Chris. I was just asking cos I wasn't sure if they would try to say the shocker mounts were a consumable part and therefore not covered. ( that's if that's what it turns out to be ) .

I was asking if anyone had this done under warranty cos if they have, when they inspect it tomorrow, I will be able to tell them it IS a warranty job, in case they say otherwise.

If it turns out to be something that is NOT covered by the 3 year warranty (which I will be extending before expiry) I still have the option of the warranty from the garage I bought it from, for another few weeks at least, which is why I thought it prudent to take it to the local Pug dealer now, while I still have a fall back.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:57 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

So, just back from Evans Halshaw, Peugeot Wakefield. They test drove the car, unfortunately, the people of West Yorkshire clearly pay their taxes, and the roads are all billiard table smooth, so they couldn't detect the clonking noise. They did put it in the shop then though, and, again, couldn't really detect any problems, however.......

For current and future clonkers, there is a "notice" out from Peugeot, not a recall, which informs the dealers that if any RCZ comes in with FRONT shocker/suspension noise, they are to install a modified top mount curtesy of Pug.

The dealer has ordered the parts & it's going in on Monday for its new bits. The technician did say that as they couldn't find anything wrong, there was no guarantee that this will stop the noise, and the notice was only for the front shocks, so we will have to wait and see what the results of this modification are.
:eusa-think:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (249.38 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:24 pm
Big Dave User avatar

Hi mate, had mine done under warranty and was really quiet afterwards had only done about 6k .
RCZ GT THP 200

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:47 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Good news Dave, glad to hear that. Fingers crossed it will sort mine out too. I did ask, if it sorts the noise out at the front, but I still get the same from the back, can those be done under the same "notice" from Pug. They said the notice only covered the front struts, so not sure what my next course will be if I can still hear any "clonking"

They said lets just get these done first, then we can investigate further if needs be. Fair enough I think.

First visit to this dealer & so far I am happy with the way I have been treated, in fact, I felt "looked after" quite a lot really, and the number of staff talking to me about the Z made me feel quite important. I realise they should treat all customers like that, but I doubt that is the case if you were to go there with say a 108.

I will post the results after Monday.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:14 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Just out of interest Dave, did you have all 4 done under warranty or just the fronts?
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:28 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Just picked my car up from Pug Wakefield, it's had the modified front strut top mounts fitted under warranty and early signs are brilliant! Not a sound on the way home, I even found myself aiming for road imperfections instead of swerving round pot holes, just to see what noises it was making, and, NOTHING !
I am so pleased.
They said to run it for a few days, & they will contact me again to make sure everything is OK. I think I am going to be quite happy with this dealer.
:clap:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:39 pm
Big Dave User avatar

DKZ5745 wrote:
Just out of interest Dave, did you have all 4 done under warranty or just the fronts?

Hiya mate, I only had front two replaced and have covered 11,000 miles since and touch wood are still ok.
RCZ GT THP 200

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:16 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Kudos: 73
[quote="wrapper"]I had a similiar prob until i found a ginger tom stuck in wheelarch,it had a head like a bull but when i pulled it out it had died some time previously.It seems they are attracted to the heat of the car engine. It seems to be a prob more on the 2l diesel as it gets warmer and more atraccive to felines.

Back online today my friends.....Calm down.
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:35 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Hey wrapper, back just in time, I've got a sack full of pressies and a few rolls of paper, you sound like just the man I need :lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:40 am
XeviouS Regular
Regular

Kudos: 8
DKZ5745 wrote:
For current and future clonkers, there is a "notice" out from Peugeot, not a recall, which informs the dealers that if any RCZ comes in with FRONT shocker/suspension noise, they are to install a modified top mount curtesy of Pug.

For the benefit of those with 2nd hand / out of warranty z's is there any chance you can post a picture of the installed modified top mount?

I wouldn't mind checking mine to see if it has had them installed.

Thanks
2010 THP 200
- Pearl White with Black Leather
- 19" Sortilege Matt Black Onyx Alloys
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Vision Pack
- JBL HiFi Pack
- K&N Air Filter

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 pm
timbob Newbie

Kudos: 0
Shocker can be a common problem too only way to find out tho is to have one installed :-/

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:07 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Will try to get a photo if I can, to be honest, my level of technical knowledge when it comes to cars means I'm not too sure what I'm looking for, but If I stick my phone in the wheel arch & point it upwards, I'll see what I get :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:24 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

So I took a photo, but not sure what it is of :wtf:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (245.11 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension