Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Which Brake Discs? Cheap or Expensive?

Which Brake Discs? Cheap or Expensive?

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 am
thornebt User avatar

Kudos: 16
Hi Hanswuk. That's great. Thank you. I searched the website by entering my registration number and also by specifying vehicle model but only came up with rear discs. Most of the online retailers only seem to do the rear discs.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 am
hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
Slight egg on face moment! GSF can supply front pads and rear pads and discs. We have part numbers for front discs but no stock as yet. The front discs are peculiar to the RCZ and manufacturers have been slow to introduce them to the aftermarket, presumably because of the relatively low worldwide volume. However several are now doing so and we're checking when they expect to be able to deliver. I'll report back as soon as I have more news.
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:24 am
thornebt User avatar

Hi. Thanks very much. I'm not in a mad rush to do them as I just want to do them before the MOT in January as I don't want Peugeot to replace them at probably four or five times what it would cost me to do it myself. It seems there are quite a few companies selling Blue Print and Apec discs at around £65 a pair but I'm not sure how good these are.

RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

Don't ever go cheap on brakes!!!

Now there are two brake systems on the RCZ - Standard and Sport. So you must know what you really have. This applies to the fronts only as the rears are the same on all RCZ's (including the RCZ R rears).

We have done a lot of research on brakes for the RCZ and offer Black Diamond. Take a look here:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=46

More information on Brakes here:

http://www.rczperformance.com/BrakesandSuspension.html

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:45 am
thornebt User avatar

Hi

Thanks for the info. My brake system must be standard I think - as the discs are 302mm and I have a 156THP. I just want good quality standard discs rather than uprated sports discs. Your discs will be over £200 with the VAT so I'm just looking for 'standard' non-drilled / grooved plain discs from a reputable manufacturer, not a cheap substitute made in China.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:02 pm

thornebt wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the info. My brake system must be standard I think - as the discs are 302mm and I have a 156THP. I just want good quality standard discs rather than uprated sports discs. Your discs will be over £200 with the VAT so I'm just looking for 'standard' non-drilled / grooved plain discs from a reputable manufacturer, not a cheap substitute made in China.

We do not sell what you are stating in bold!

We are checking with Black Diamond now about plain discs.

thornebt User avatar

Hi. I hope you didn't think that I was implying that your discs are made in China. What I meant was that I'm just after some good quality standard discs - instead of the budget ones you find elsewhere on the web that are, I believe, often made in China and are inferior quality. If you can recommend some plain discs I'd be very grateful.

the big blue Senior Member

Kudos: 202
Hi thomebt :greetings-wavingblue: ..I see you continuing your quest for some purely standard type front discs. T'is a shame that the Pagid ones were rears only. I guess the latter is due to the size and spec of the Z's fronts that are probably Z' specific and as it is not a mainstream car such components prove not as economically viable to manufacture, unlike the Z's rear discs that maybe feature on other models in the Peugeot range and are more viable plus are a standard non ventilated disc in the first place.

Performance type parts are often gonna be more easily available and Black Diamond are a notable manufacturer in their performance field BUT alas your seeking a more "cost efficient" alternative of which so far there seems very few if any! I bet the Peugeot ones probably cost more than the Black Diamond's and the latter being a better quality disc of which i'm sure and RCZ Performance will confirm.

Continued happy hunting and let folk know how you get on as i'm sure there will be others out there in time seeking what you are.

.the big blue (...when you consider the price of 235 40 19 tyres the cost of disc's suddenly seems not as bad!) :thumbup:

Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Have you asked a dealer how much they will supply discs for? As it seems thats the only place you are going to get any without going for uprated ones.

hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
Abzynthe wrote:
Have you asked a dealer how much they will supply discs for? As it seems thats the only place you are going to get any without going for uprated ones.

He's not in a hurry and they will be available soon - I need a few more weeks! The 200bhp ones will be Brembo and the 156/163bhp will be, until others have them available, Peugeot original (but at a lower price than Peugeot).
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Fair enough :thumbup:

I will have prices for plain discs posted soon.

thornebt User avatar

Thanks very much and thanks also to everyone else for their comments. Does anyone know if a 407 spacesaver will fit on the front as these are the smaller 302mm discs?

Apologies for the delay but I have been able to work with Black Diamond and now we offer plain discs as well as their 6-groove, 12-groove, cross-drilled, and combination of grooved and cross-drilled discs.

Here is a link to all of the Black Diamond offerings available for the RCZ:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=46

Remember these are better discs and pads than factory, so they do provide better braking for your car.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Previous

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension