Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension pirelli P zero nero GT

pirelli P zero nero GT

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:33 pm
RCZ-THP200 User avatar

Kudos: 17
time to change the tyres can't find the original continentals can only find the Pirelli p zero nero GT tyres.

anybody tried these tyres before ? are they any good ?

thanks guys
THP200 Shark Grey RCZ - 6 Speed Manual - 19" Sortilege wheels

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:07 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
RCZ-THP200 wrote:
time to change the tyres can't find the original continentals can only find the Pirelli p zero nero GT tyres.

anybody tried these tyres before ? are they any good ?

thanks guys

I've just ordered two new tyres for mine. Same as the OEM Continentals that have done 38K rear two still got approx 2K miles of life in them. Will be delivered to tyre shop tomorrow morning and I only ordered them at about 1600 today. £165 + vat each fitted and balanced
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:30 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

I wouldn't be touching P Zeros after my experienced with then on my VXR. They were completely perished and cracked with over half the original tread remaining. They're currently in Milan undergoing testing but there are a large number of incidences of this across the Vauxhall VXR range and new models are no longer coming with these fitted. Ok, the tyre profile is different but the same compound is used. Wouldn't touch them buddy. I never rated the Contis personally and thought they were extremely poor in wet conditions. There are better tyres IMO.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:27 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Dont formula 1 cars use P zeros? And they only last about 10 laps or 25 miles :lol:

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:11 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 272
I had the P Zero on my previous frontwheel driven turboed car. It ate them entirely after only 10k miles (compared to over 25k miles on Michelin).

But the tyre shop owner I work with told me the new generation of that P Zero Nero has been improved in regards of tyre wear. How much? I don't know, didn't try them yet.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:45 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:42 pm
hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
I had P Zeros (as originally fitted) on a 407 Coupe HDi V6 and they were perfectly OK. I had no grip, ride or noise problems and the fronts lasted around 25k/30k miles. The rears were still OK at over 40k. Having said that the 407 was a very different car to the RCZ and so may not be directly comparable. Because the RCZ ride is much harder, there is more road noise and the car is more sporty, tyre performance issues are more noticeable. I will certainly be replacing my RCZ Conti's with something else but I haven't yet decided with what. :eusa-think:
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:46 am
Jimbrodie1 Senior Member

Kudos: 69
I should receive my P Zero GT's today. Will be having them fitted when I have the wheels powder coated in the next week or so. Will let you know how I get on with them. :thumbup:

Now what colour for the wheels hmmmmmmmm :eusa-think:

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:29 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
Bridgestone re-002's are a really nice alternative. Nice predictable tyre, great wet weather grip..

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Kudos: 18
If you want best grip go Yokohama. Not cheap tho'
Next down, Bridgestone or Mich Pilots

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:27 pm
DarloBlack User avatar

Kudos: 16
Had them on my old GT.

Don't waste your money, you'll be back for more after 10k miles
Gaz
Black Magnetic
HDi 163

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:43 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:38 pm
DarloBlack User avatar

Kudos: 16
RCZ-Performance wrote:
MPSS's ... !

Just had 4 of these delivered this morning 8-)
Gaz
Black Magnetic
HDi 163

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension