Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension kerbed alloy repair

kerbed alloy repair

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:11 pm
thackers Member

Kudos: 32
I've lightly scuffed my nearside front alloy :eusa-think: :eusa-think: It's mostly on the very outer edge and hardly onto the flat edge of the standard "Technical" alloy. I wondered if anyone has any tips or advice on a D.I.Y repair? It's not bad enough to consider as a spare and buy a replacement unit and tyre. Thank-you. :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:13 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

If look to get it refurbed ASAP to be honest. If moisture gets into the alloy then you're in for a world of aesthetic woes I'm afraid!! A refurb of this nature generally isn't too expensive.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:56 pm
thackers Member

Right, so there's no alternative ? I was hoping to do it myself.

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1482
It needs refining down and colour matching so best to get it done properly. As Mr Rizz says, if it's not done sooner rather than later, then water will ingress and it will corrode.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:10 pm
thackers Member

O.K thanks for that, if I were to seal it with the Gtecniq c5 alloy sealer I have will that prevent the corrosion setting in while I will have to wait? No doubt.

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:41 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1482
No C5 won't help. My OH thought the same as you when kerbed his alloy. He didn't get it sorted and now corrosion /blistering is occurring. Better to be safe than sorry.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:26 pm
Eli2fly Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
I've sadly scuffed one of my wheels and taking it to southwest wheel repairs who said they will be able to do it without replacing the wheel. There should be companies in your area that will be able to do it for you. Doesn't cost too much either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:47 pm
thackers Member

Latest is I've got it booked in a week tomorrow. Around £70, fingers crossed that the time lapse won't mean corrosion probs.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:39 pm
thackers Member

All done and I'm pleased with the outcome, you really need to know it's been done to see the difference in the alloy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension