Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension suspension knocking

suspension knocking

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:56 pm
Big Dave User avatar

Kudos: 15
Hi folks. First post so be gentle. My car has only done 5000 miles and developed a knocking noise on the front drivers side. After doing a bit of research I found that Peugeot are well aware of this fault so I booked it in at my local dealer. The car was later returned after saying they couldn't find anything so re greasing some part hence an argument ensued after trying to bulls!*t me it was sorted. Being an Engineer I began to explain that no amount of grease would fix it permanently and to keep hold of the car until they could come up with a real solution. One week later the shock absorber bushes were replaced and RESULT nice quiet car .
RCZ GT THP 200

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:05 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Hey BIG Dave and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your troubles and of another incidence of poor service. Just goes to show that it pays to do your own research!! :thumbup: I'm glad to hear that it has finally been sorted properly!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:17 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
Good on ya. Well done that man. Unfortunately it is often the dealerships that let the side down :thumbdown: We are fortunate that we have the ear of Peugeot UK and sometimes that comes into play to get issues resolved. It has happened a few times for me. I have never before had the benefit of manufacturer input before and it sure does help in getting the dealerships to sit up and take notice.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:02 pm
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
My suspension mounts started knocking after 1000miles, particulary the drivers side. As its a known fault, my dealersip replaced both sides :). I THINK there might be a bit of play in them again after 21K, bloody speed bumps..........
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:46 pm
Big Dave User avatar

Been to Newcastle and back (Cheshire) today, like driving a different car SUPERB !!!
Moral of the story, don't be fobbed off and say you will keep comin back until its sorted !
RCZ GT THP 200

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:37 pm
brianmurray User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
Hi all
I to had a knocking sound from my drivers side i.e sounded like a dry bush mounting especially going over uneven roads.
Took it to my local Peugeot dealer and they found that it was the top engine mounting was dry they regreased it and hey ho the knocking has gone have since done a 1000 miles with no noise sounds to quiet lol
But watch this space see how long it lasts
156 GT Charcoal Grey
Sports Pack
K & N Air filter
Anthra Grey 19'' Solstice Wheels
Personalised number
360/60 DRL
Philips H7 X-treme 100%

Post Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:39 pm
DolphinRCZ User avatar

Kudos: 6
Mine went in with knocking suspension last Tuesday, they replaced the anti-roll bar bushes but it came back just the same so it’s back in on Wednesday, if the shock absorber bushes is a known fault I will be asking to have them changed.

Post Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:58 pm
Big Dave User avatar

Tell them to get in touch with Peugeot technical because it is on their database,my local dealer removed my anti roll bar and took it for a drive to eliminate it. Don't let them fob you off with greasing the top engine mount either its a red herring and is only a short term fix for that issue anyway.If you tell them to keep the car until its sorted or your going to keep coming back till it is they will change their attitude.
RCZ GT THP 200

Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:16 pm
JumaJum Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
My RCZ was at the repair shop today 'cause similar knocking from the front, left side (driver's side). Anti roll bar was the reason. Only 100€. I am out of warranty for few months so had pay it :(

I hope that took care of that.

Juma
RCZ THP 200
Pearly White
RaceChip Pro 225PS (via Dynamometer) 330 Nm
K&N Air Filter

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension