Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Black Solstice Lacquer issue

Black Solstice Lacquer issue

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 pm
ryanb Senior Member

Kudos: 3
Hi guys, I am still here, I decided against the Veloster and very glad I did now. I have opted for something else (will share on a new topic) :D :(

Anyway, whilst getting my car ready to sell I have sadly noticed that the Lacquer is peeling off of 2 of my black Solstice wheels and here is absolutely no sign of any knocks near the affected area that could have let the water in :thumbdown:

Have any of you experienced this? If so did Peugeot accept this as a defect? I had it on a Lexus and a BMW and they did, I am just hoping that peugeot do.
Diesel GT
Sad ex owner of a - Pearl white, Carbon roof, 19" Onyx black Solstice Wheels, Feline kit (no stripes), Black brakes, Black mirrors
Interior sports Kit, Intergral Leather, NG4, JBL Hi Fi Pack

Happy owner of a new Mercedes C250 sport, red with black panoramic roof and lots of toys. Quicker but not as much fun as the best looking car on the road.

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:21 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
on the rears are they RYAN :eusa-think: GIVE US CLUE to your new MOTA :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS.the pug wheel finish aint the best we all know this, shame them solstice wheels are lovely 8-)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm
ryanb Senior Member

Jassy, 1 front and 1 rear.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Diesel GT
Sad ex owner of a - Pearl white, Carbon roof, 19" Onyx black Solstice Wheels, Feline kit (no stripes), Black brakes, Black mirrors

Happy owner of a new Mercedes C250 sport, red with black panoramic roof and lots of toys. Quicker but not as much fun as the best looking car on the road.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:44 am
richard.au User avatar

Kudos: 52
Just coming up to 10,000 ks here, no problems. Slight fading that I'm going to attend to shortly.

I'll take a closer look on the weekend and look for any flaws now you've raised the issue.

Will update later.

(Good job avoiding the Molestor :) )
2012 THP 200
Pearl White
Grey FauxLeather
19" Onyx Solstice Wheels
Tyre Pressure Sensors
Xenon Directional Lighting
JBL Sound
8GB USB stick

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:46 pm
ryanb Senior Member

Guys true to form, the Peugeot service levels excel yet again. One email to them about the issue with the wheels and literally within an hour the next morning the replacement wheels are on order.

What more can I say!

I am changing to a Merc, but I think the wife's imminent new car will be a Peugeot.

First class. :clap:
Diesel GT

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1474
Great news Ryan :)
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:23 am
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
No probs at all with my black Soltice Alloys. I have protected them though from day 1 with Autoglym Alloy Wheel cleaner/protector .

Glad you got yours sorted. :thumbup:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:05 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
jactac wrote:
No probs at all with my black Soltice Alloys. I have protected them though from day 1 with Autoglym Alloy Wheel cleaner/protector .

Glad you got yours sorted. :thumbup:

But Jactac your RCZ aint done many miles :eusa-think:

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:09 am
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
It's done 6000 miles over 2 years, ok not a vast amount, but I think if the lacquer was going to peel it would of done it by now.

Personally I think alloy wheels, no matter what finish they are, need to be cleaned AND protected in a good manner right from the start, even if you do low mileage.
It only take a small scratch or scuff to start off peeling or blistering.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:43 pm
dand87 User avatar

Kudos: 157
So I noticed that all 4 of my alloys have lacquer peel (albeit small) and small bits of corrosion. It really lets my car down, albeit not really noticeable to the untrained eye but to me now its summer I'm noticing it more and more.

I mentioned it when my mirrors weren't being fixed. I pulled a document together filled with photos and analysis of each wheel which I sent in. To my amazement Peugeot have agreed to replace all 4 alloys free of charge (I must have presented a decent case!).

Anyhow - not getting too excited just yet (hope they don't change their minds!), but my car should be going in for new mirrors and alloys next week!! Bravo Peugeot, really impressing me service wise at the moment!
Weekday - High Speed 1.
Weekend - Pearl White RCZ GT with Onyx Black Solstice alloys, feline kit, NG4, K&N air filter, tinted rear 1/4's, LED DRL's/interior lights, Phillips Extreme Vision and private plate.
Dodgy car parks - the missus' Black Fiesta MK 7 Tdci Zetec S w/Street Pack.

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:19 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Top response Peugeot!! Very well met!!! :thumbup: keep us posted dand87!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:03 pm
dand87 User avatar

Kudos: 157
Although my mirrors didn't get replaced (what a farce that is turning in to), I now have 4 brand new alloys. Just finished protecting them and what a massive improvement over my old ones!

I'll say it again, excellent customer service from Peugeot UK :thumbup:
Weekday - High Speed 1.
Weekend - Pearl White RCZ GT with Onyx Black Solstice alloys, feline kit, NG4, K&N air filter, tinted rear 1/4's, LED DRL's/interior lights, Phillips Extreme Vision and private plate.
Dodgy car parks - the missus' Black Fiesta MK 7 Tdci Zetec S w/Street Pack.

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension