Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Wheel nut caps

Wheel nut caps

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 pm
JWT User avatar

Kudos: 96
Over the weekend I came back onto my drive and saw a black thing on the floor.

After closer inspection it was one of the wheel nut covers from the driver's side front wheel, which had appeared to have fallen off.

I put it back where it belonged, but it doesn't seem to "latch" into place like the other 4 do. By this I mean that it still feels loose and the others tight around their respective nuts.

To check whether it was meant to be like that I tried the other 3 wheels and each had a solitary nut cap that was much easier to get off than the others.

Is this coincidence or is it part of the design?

If the latter, what's the best way of getting them to latch tightly again?

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:08 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
Just a thought. Is it the one that covers the locking wheel bolts that are more loose than the rest?
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 pm
Seamusoh2 User avatar

Kudos: 154
I've lost one of mine. If you have to buy a full packet I'll buy one off of you ;-)

RCZ GT HDI MK2 OPAL WHITE
RCZ GT HDI OPAL WHITE MK2 ;-)

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:17 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Seamusoh2 wrote:
I've lost one of mine. If you have to buy a full packet I'll buy one off of you ;-

Hang on till Thursday as I may have four to spare. I've ordered 4 new wheel bolts and I heard him asking for 4 covers too. I'm not sure why he needed the covers, but as I suspect I will end up with four surplus.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:24 pm
Seamusoh2 User avatar

OO58RON wrote:
Seamusoh2 wrote:
I've lost one of mine. If you have to buy a full packet I'll buy one off of you ;-

Hang on till Thursday as I may have four to spare. I've ordered 4 new wheel bolts and I heard him asking for 4 covers too. I'm not sure why he needed the covers, but as I suspect I will end up with four surplus.

That'd be fab. I'll seriously buy one/all of em off of you Ron. *holds on until Thursday* :-)

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 pm
JWT User avatar

OO58RON wrote:
Just a thought. Is it the one that covers the locking wheel bolts that are more loose than the rest?

Potentially. Is there only one locking wheel bolt per wheel? That would explain why those are more loose than the others, but shouldn't it be a snug fit as well?

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 pm
frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 81
JWT wrote:
OO58RON wrote:

Potentially. Is there only one locking wheel bolt per wheel? That would explain why those are more loose than the others, but shouldn't it be a snug fit as well?

I lost 3 shortly after changing to winter tyres last year on 3 different wheels.
At least one was on a locking bolt I don't remember the other 2.
But yes the locking bolts appear to be more suspect to losing caps. :cry:
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:48 pm
OO58RON User avatar

JWT wrote:
OO58RON wrote:

Well mine are. I simply posed the question as it occurred to me why it may be one less tight fitting per wheel, that is all.

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 pm
jave22 Regular
Regular

Kudos: 6
Hi Guys,

Yip had my 'Z' for only three weeks, washed it tonight and noticed 1-off nut cap missing on front wheel :-( I have 19" 'Technical' - hephais light grey alloys, where can I get good quality replacements? Am I better going to Peugeot or will eBay do? I have made a point of going round the car and pushing them firmly on so as not to loose any more. Also on a similar subject does the strange socket with the 4-off pins on it fit the special anti theft wheel nut?

Regards
John

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:32 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1474
jave22 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Yip had my 'Z' for only three weeks, washed it tonight and noticed 1-off nut cap missing on front wheel :-( I have 19" 'Technical' - hephais light grey alloys, where can I get good quality replacements? Am I better going to Peugeot or will eBay do? I have made a point of going round the car and pushing them firmly on so as not to loose any more. Also on a similar subject does the strange socket with the 4-off pins on it fit the special anti theft wheel nut?

Regards
John

John, contact your dealer. They will be able to get you replacements. Any others won't match exactly.
Peugeot got me some when I lost mine :thumbup:
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 pm
jave22 Regular
Regular

Is the strange looking socket for the anti theft wheel nut?

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 am
Seamusoh2 User avatar

I have lost three since getting my RCZ in march. :-(

Post Tue May 21, 2013 3:53 pm
jave22 Regular
Regular

Hi,
Dealer contacted Peugeot today and says they are the same ones as on the 308. Is this the case?
Regards
John

Post Tue May 21, 2013 4:52 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Do your Technical wheels have colour coded wheel but covers? Ie chrome. Not sure they are on the 308 but surely they have one in the showroom they can check?

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:56 pm
jave22 Regular
Regular

Hi,

Pic attached. I need to go to the dealer and show them and try the 308 cap they mentioned. What price are these nut caps usually? As before I have 19" 'Technical' - hephais light grey.

Regards

John
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.18 KiB) Viewed 4480 times

Post Tue May 21, 2013 7:00 pm
OO58RON User avatar

I can tell you that the black ones cost £2.82 + VAT each, so I assume the chrome ones will be similar.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 7:00 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

I don't know how much they are. I got mine "free" courtesy of a very nice man ;)

Post Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 am
JWT User avatar

Alternatively, park next to an RCZ with the same wheels and miraculously end up with new caps ;)

Post Wed May 22, 2013 7:02 am
MBJ User avatar

Kudos: 118
So there are benefits to not having the car yet! He won't be parking next to mine!
Pearl White, black pack, sat nav, vision pack, sortilege wheels, GT automatic.
Ordered March 2013, Delivered on 3rd July 2013

In for a detail and lifeshine on 16th July, DAB radio being fitted on 19th July.

She is gorgeous.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm
jave22 Regular
Regular

Hi guys,
Your all safe to park beside me now, I picked up 5-off nut caps to replace the one I lost and have a few spares. Sorted :-)
Regards
John

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension