Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension You could not make it up!

You could not make it up!

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:08 pm
gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
Tell them to check the engine mount, the one under the engine at the bottom. it only takes a few minutes to fix.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:27 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Kudos: 21
Thanks, a couple of people have told me about the engine mount, it is worth a try, at this rate I will have a re built car!!
THP200 SPORT, mercury grey, K&N filter, feline quads, red calipers, private plate, age is just a number!

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Car going in again on Wednesday to have the engine mounts checked, hoping this will finally be it, fingers crossed, it's been a long 15 Mths. Thanks to the people who have tried to help!
THP200 SPORT, mercury grey, K&N filter, feline quads, red calipers, private plate, age is just a number!

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:00 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Car in the dealers again this morning, tightened up the engine mounts, still the same. They have ordered new mounts which will take a few days to arrive. God knows how long this saga is going to last, spoke to the mechanic doing the job, he said he was baffled, if new mounts don't do the trick, they dont know what to try next.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
bradshaw wrote:
Car in the dealers again this morning, tightened up the engine mounts, still the same. They have ordered new mounts which will take a few days to arrive. God knows how long this saga is going to last, spoke to the mechanic doing the job, he said he was baffled, if new mounts don't do the trick, they dont know what to try next.

Replacement new car courtesy of Peugeot UK perhaps? Hope the new mounts work for ya though
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Just had a phone call from my dealer to say that the new engine mounts have arrived, going in again tomorrow for them to be fitted , they reckon a couple of hours work. I am such a regular at my dealers that they take me home and pick me up again when the work is done! If this dose not work, god knows what to try next!

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:47 pm
OO58RON User avatar

bradshaw wrote:
Just had a phone call from my dealer to say that the new engine mounts have arrived, going in again tomorrow for them to be fitted , they reckon a couple of hours work. I am such a regular at my dealers that they take me home and pick me up again when the work is done! If this dose not work, god knows what to try next!

I reckon that your car is in good working order, so either you fancy the receptionist or you just like the benefit of the courtesy car wash :lol:
But seriously, I really hope that this will solve the issue once and for all :thumbup:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:58 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Picked my car up this afternoon, noise not quite as bad as it was but still there, they only replaced the bottom mount. What next??

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 pm
OO58RON User avatar

bradshaw wrote:
Picked my car up this afternoon, noise not quite as bad as it was but still there, they only replaced the bottom mount. What next??

CRY nobody would blame ya :thumbdown:

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:42 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Car in again this morning, said it could be a drop link on the front suspension, fitted a new one, drove the couple of miles home without any noise at all, felt like a new car, after almost 18 mths of backwards and forwards to the dealer I was elated. Car has been parked in front of the house since returning from the dealers, just driven a few yards to put the car in the garage, guess what the noise is there again, is my car cursed or what? :thumbdown:

Post Thu May 02, 2013 3:45 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Car in the dealers again yesterday, 18th time for same problem. Finally cured, after spending a small fortune on new parts the problem all along was cured by loosening the engine mounts and re torquing them! After 18 Mths though my paitence has finally expired. Ordered a new 208 GTI lasr night in white, delivery next week. The test drive did the trick, the gearbox felt much slicker,the suspension felt a world apart from my Z, after seeing the interior with its DAB radio and a full size spare wheel in the boot I was hooked. After all that it was still an experience to own my Z for 2 years. :beer:

Post Thu May 02, 2013 4:10 pm
OO58RON User avatar

bradshaw wrote:
Car in the dealers again yesterday, 18th time for same problem. Finally cured, after spending a small fortune on new parts the problem all along was cured by loosening the engine mounts and re torquing them! After 18 Mths though my paitence has finally expired. Ordered a new 208 GTI lasr night in white, delivery next week. The test drive did the trick, the gearbox felt much slicker,the suspension felt a world apart from my Z, after seeing the interior with its DAB radio and a full size spare wheel in the boot I was hooked. After all that it was still an experience to own my Z for 2 years. :beer:

I really do like your style :clap: Congratulations on the new purchase. Just goes to show that the easiest fix is sometimes the last to be tried. Image what it has cost !! Thankfully not you and thankfully it has been sorted for the new owner :clap:

Post Thu May 02, 2013 4:14 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

That's very interesting about the new GTI...that good?!?! I think I might try and have a test drive to satisfy my curiosity...and to try and coax Mrs Rizzle into trading in her noddy 500 for one. Unfortunately, speed doesn't really interest or excite her and she's already talking about a noddy car on stilts (the 500 X)... :brick-wall:
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm
dand87 User avatar

Kudos: 157
bradshaw wrote:

After all that you've gone for another Peugeot? You are a braver man than I am :wtf:

When I was 19 I bought a Punto Sporting. Had it less than a year and will never own another Fiat for the rest of my life.

I do like the look of the 208 and the GTI will be some car, so congrats!
Weekday - High Speed 1.
Weekend - Pearl White RCZ GT with Onyx Black Solstice alloys, feline kit, NG4, K&N air filter, tinted rear 1/4's, LED DRL's/interior lights, Phillips Extreme Vision and private plate.
Dodgy car parks - the missus' Black Fiesta MK 7 Tdci Zetec S w/Street Pack.

Post Thu May 09, 2013 3:03 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Just had a call from my dealer to say my new 208 GTI will be delivered to the dealers tomorrow, not bad, just 10days from ordering. :beer:

Post Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Wow...that IS quick. Great stuff! PLEASE post loads of pics. I am so intrigued by this car.

I hope the handover goes smoothly and you enjoy a happy love affair with one another.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Thu May 09, 2013 4:26 pm
OO58RON User avatar

bradshaw wrote:
Just had a call from my dealer to say my new 208 GTI will be delivered to the dealers tomorrow, not bad, just 10days from ordering. :beer:

I bet you don't get the great unavailing ceremony as you did with the Z though :lol: Talking of the Z has the re torque cured the problem?

Post Thu May 09, 2013 5:29 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1482
bradshaw wrote:

What colour is your GTI? I like it in red :)
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Thu May 09, 2013 5:58 pm
Tomas_90 User avatar

Kudos: 193
I'm warming up to the 208 GTi too. I didn't quite like the look of the standard car and the GTi isn't perfect either but it's a lot better. I've only testdriven a VTi 120 version of them but i'll be at the dealership first thing when they get one in! :D We want pictures of your new 208 when it arrives! :thumbup:

Might consider it a replacement for the RCZ actually, unless that darn Focus gets me again. We'll see... :lol:

Altho i must say i think i did the right thing by buying the RCZ instead of the Focus this time around. I'm loving it! ;)
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Fri May 10, 2013 3:20 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

The new GTI only comes in 4 colours, red, white ,black and silver, chose white because the red badging and red calipers look great with the white bodywork. I have told the dealer that I want a bit more than when I picked up my RCZ, all I got then was a RCZ baseball cap!! I have negotiated the following, carpet mats, full tank of fuel, K&N filter fitted, ( I have paid for the filter) richbrook tax disc holder and tyre valve caps, touch up paint and flowers for the wife and a case of John Smiths for me. They have also paid for my Reg transfer. An added bonus is road tax £50 less, £35 insurance refund, and not forgetting 0 to 60 a second faster than my THP 200.

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension