Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Front Suspension AGAIN !

Front Suspension AGAIN !

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 pm
paul141 Senior Member

Kudos: 24
So rang the dealer today, and booked her back in to have the front suspension bushes re-done as in 5 months they have started to knock again ! :thumbdown:

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:56 am
JWT User avatar

Kudos: 96
That's not good. I imagine you're not overly rough on driving?

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 am
gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
Should they be replacing the bad mounts with a newer better designed part? howcome it broke in such a short period?

Very strange, hope i won't have problems with mine, as they have just been recently replaced. :-( Plus the steering wheel rack and a number of other parts.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:18 pm
Gorwell Senior Member

Kudos: 30
I think that the Suspension was the reason FGRob sold his RCZ :eusa-think:

He's quite into cars and it did raise a little concern when he gave his opinion on the suspension parts.

gatt767 wrote:
Very strange, hope i won't have problems with mine, as they have just been recently replaced. :-(
Plus the steering wheel rack and a number of other parts.

OMG :o
Peugeot must be rubbing their hands together now that us "2010 RCZers" are close to coming out of warranty next year.
I suppose they've got to make all that R&D back on that rear screen somehow :eusa-whistle:

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:20 pm
paul141 Senior Member

gatt767 wrote:
Should they be replacing the bad mounts with a newer better designed part? howcome it broke in such a short period?

Very strange, hope i won't have problems with mine, as they have just been recently replaced. :-( Plus the steering wheel rack and a number of other parts.

I will be asking them very questions when I get into the dealers. OK I do have speed bumps on my road, but then they are everywhere now anyways.

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm
paul141 Senior Member

So picked up from the dealer today, they say it was engine mount and now all fixed. I going to give it a day or so just to be sure

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Fingers crossed!!!!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 pm
paul141 Senior Member

So had it back a few days now and sorry but I am not totally convinced. The loan car did not make the little knocking sounds over the poor Kent road surface I suffer with here, mine still does.

May have to make a phone call to make another session with the dealer, be next year now (unless world ends on Friday, then may not bother) I bet.

Paul

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:29 pm
mistral_blue Senior Member

Kudos: 82
See my experience HERE
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension