Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension another alloy starting to corrode :-(

another alloy starting to corrode :-(

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
Even if u take care of them, whatever u will do they will eventually corrode very faster then u expect. I also changed the 2 front caps on the centre of the alloy, had to pay 40 euro for some plastic

frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 81
On my 307 I had Cotya 16" alloys (called Tempest in the UK) and I've had this car for 9 years without any corrosion problems. I only wash with car shampoo and never use aggressive cleaning products.
I think there's just a problem in the production of the 18" alloys.
It's remarkable that the problems always appear around the center of the alloy, which is the least affected by stone chips and that type of common damage.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
Yes definitely there is a problem which peugeot is relactant to fix. I can understand why psa is making all these losses. It would be less costly to fix the problem instead of staying changing alloys until u are out of warranty. I do not use any aggressive cleaning at all, just water and soap. I think the center keeps in humidity and it easily corrodes. The paint is quite thin and it seems that water or air easily penetrates the lacquer layer which as a result it corrodes. I already wrote to the dealer to take it up with peugeot but it seems that it is much simpler to just make a claim for replacement then actually fixing the problem. I quite worried that once the warranty expires i will end up paying to get the corrosion fixed! Something which i havev already reprted to the dealer that its faulty :thumbdown:

Previous

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension