Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension another alloy starting to corrode :-(

another alloy starting to corrode :-(

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

allanscho Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
I have 3 alloys with corrosion and they are being replaced under warranty. They do look at first sight as chipping damage! No quibble getting them changed.

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
my local dealer said that peugeot europe do not consider this as a case strong enough to replace my 4th wheel. the corrosion i have reported on my third wheel is considered very minor and therefore they do not want to replace it. as if the corrosion wont increase by time. now he sent the corroding alloy to a local repair guy to see what he can do.

azakirstrcz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
I took my 2010 RCZ in for it's 20k/2 year service about 3 weeks ago and asked them to have a look at one of my alloys as the paint was coming off around the centre caps. When I went to collect the car later in the day they said that they had looked at the wheel and had also noticed corrosion around the centre caps on the other 3. Imagine my surprise when they said to me that they were going to replace all 4 for new ones along with the centre caps. A brand new set of wheels were fitted on Monday, what a result and great service to boot. :thumbup:
Nero black 2.0 HDI GT

Rczmk User avatar

Kudos: 22
My dealer takes the biscuit I tell ya I'm going to try my luck a second time with them.

allanscho Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
I have recently had 3 alloys changed under warranty. I never experienced this problem before with 2 peugeots (406 and 308) and thought it looked like chipping damage. However the body shop manager at the main dealer told me what it was.

OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
allanscho wrote:
I have recently had 3 alloys changed under warranty. I never experienced this problem before with 2 peugeots (406 and 308) and thought it looked like chipping damage. However the body shop manager at the main dealer told me what it was.

Well ?????????????? Spill the beans :roll:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
I had to have one of my alloys repaired after kirbing it, the guy that done the repair did a fantastic job, he also said that he had repaired one or two other alloys from new RCZ's and that they were suffering from corrosion.
He said that its usually inadequate lacquer or poor application of the lacquer, which then allows moisture to get behind it and start the corrosion off.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Rczmk User avatar

Kudos: 22
Well I've had 3 of my alloys replaced today under warranty. Thank you Perrys MK. The 4th wheel I had refurbished due to kerbing a while back so all 4 now look brand new. Very happy indeed.

Chuzzbutt User avatar

Kudos: 254
Rczmk wrote:
Well I've had 3 of my alloys replaced today under warranty. Thank you Perrys MK. The 4th wheel I had refurbished due to kerbing a while back so all 4 now look brand new. Very happy indeed.

Glad to hear all is sorted finally and that your happy with the outcome. Let's hope this is the end of it ;)

JWT User avatar

Kudos: 96
Which alloys has this been happening on? It will be interesting to see if it's a particular type of whether it's across the whole range.

jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
JWT wrote:
Which alloys has this been happening on? It will be interesting to see if it's a particular type of whether it's across the whole range.

Original 18" alloys but they are all of dubious quality
no matter which size or style

RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1474
No sign of corrosion on my 18 inch wheels and believe me, I watch them very closely.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Chuzzbutt User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
No sign of corrosion on my 18 inch wheels and believe me, I watch them very closely.

Sounds like you need a hobby young lady :lol:

samwell Member

Kudos: 6
RCZ1 wrote:

Ditto, clean my car every week (only occasionally will I use any wheel cleaning products, if I do it's always Bilberry) and fortunately my alloys are in perfect condition after 32,000 miles :D

RCZ1 User avatar

samwell wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:

Ditto, clean my car every week (only occasionally will I use any wheel cleaning products, if I do it's always Bilberry) and fortunately my alloys are in perfect condition after 32,000 miles :D

Good stuff :)

I've never used a wheel cleaner either. I've used Iron X about twice and some Tardis to remove glue from old wheel weights other than that soap and water.

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

RCZ1 User avatar

Chuzzbutt wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:

Your not wrong there. Oh yes I have - photography. Now where's my camera ?

Chuzzbutt User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
Chuzzbutt wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:

Your not wrong there. Oh yes I have - photography. Now where's my camera ?

:lol::lol::lol:

JWT User avatar

Kudos: 96
jassyo06 wrote:
JWT wrote:

Perhaps, but maybe those 18" are more prone to it.

bradshaw Senior Member

Kudos: 21
I also have the standard 18 inch wheels, polish them every 3 mths with Planet Polish wheel polish, after 19 Mths still look like brand new.
THP200 SPORT, mercury grey, K&N filter, feline quads, red calipers, private plate, age is just a number!

samwell Member

Kudos: 6
JWT wrote:
jassyo06 wrote:
JWT wrote:

Perhaps, but maybe those 18" are more prone to it.

I forgot to mention, mine are the standard 18's.

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension