Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Tyres

Tyres

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm
bownib User avatar

Kudos: 28
I'd be interested to know what make of tyres people have on their RCZ's and why. I've had Continental on all my cars for the last couple of years. But recently I've noticed sensitivity to white lines and overbanding on the roads. Does anyone else have this problem?
K333 CJL - Caroline
156GT, Black, standard alloys, black leather.
Always looks dirty! But still absolutely gorgeous!

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:02 am
sensen User avatar

Kudos: 2
ContiSport for summer and Dunlop WinterSport 3D for winter. Dunlop are superb tyres for winter. Very fast and good performance.

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:33 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
I make a point of sticking with what the car manufacturer so fit to put on it, I have always replaced like with like and shall continue in this vain.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:48 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
Your restricted to the oem size 235/40/19 by just 3 manufacturers if you dont like try 235/35/19 then your purse is a whole lot heavier
Last edited by jassyo06 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:39 pm
Scott barton User avatar

Kudos: 113
My local dealer quoted £ 379 per tyre for my 19", my local STS tyre place said £279 !!!!
STS also told me while he was checking on his system the 19" conti are only fitted to 1 other car- Aston DB9. ?

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Scott barton wrote:
My local dealer quoted £ 379 per tyre for my 19", my local STS tyre place said £279 !!!!
STS also told me while he was checking on his system the 19" conti are only fitted to 1 other car- Aston DB9. ?

not with a 235/ 40/19 profile they aint :eusa-think:

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 pm
OO58RON User avatar

jassyo06 wrote:
Your restricted to the oem size 235/40/19 by just 3 manufacturers if you dont like try 235/35/19 then your purse is a whole lot heavier
Nothing to do with weight of my wallet, simply a lack of technical knowledge on tyres. Peugeot and Continental designed these tyres for the RCZ and therefore I am quite confident that they know what is best, and that is good enough for me :thumbup:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:07 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

OO58RON wrote:
jassyo06 wrote:
Nothing to do with weight of my wallet, simply a lack of technical knowledge on tyres. Peugeot and Continental designed these tyres for the RCZ and therefore I am quite confident that they know what is best, and that is good enough for me :thumbup:

trust you :wave: this tyre is a decade old its only the profile that was introduced to the rcz ie 40 its normally 35 and not the tyre as it german so bmw/audi/gm

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:15 pm
bigmac3161 User avatar

Kudos: 732
Just don't buy 19" Bridgestone they'll only last @ 8 months :thumbdown:
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 am
kkrcz User avatar

Kudos: 0
Any member from Singapore knows the price of Conti Tyre there? Heard is cheaper in Singapore.
_____
KK
200THP Manual | Vision Pack | Sports Pack
Pearl White | Pearl Black Side Mirror | Black 19" Rim | Black Grille
LED DRL | LED Brake Light | LED Signal Light | K&N Air Filter

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:20 am
czar Regular
Regular

Kudos: 8
The Goodyear Eagle asymmetric 2 is an excellent ultra high performance tyre in both dry and wet conditions, and yes it is available in 235/40/19

I myself fit nothing other than Goodyear Eagle asymmetric 2 tyres to all my cars that see daily street use, I have also used them on a track day too, with very surprising results, that said, if you are looking for maximum life and not performance, then you might want to give these a miss, as I tend to wear a set out within 10-12,000 miles on front wheel drive cars.
Performance Powered By Thought.
Engineered Horsepower.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 am
Scott barton User avatar

I now have a nail in my tyre, too close to the edge to repair and I have about another 200 miles to do today. I cant find anybody who has our 19" CONTINENTALS in stock!!
Thats why i think a full size spare is essential !!!

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:29 pm
bownib User avatar

Couldn't agree with you more - and there is the space for it in the boot after all!!! :lol:
I had trouble getting mine when I had flat the other week - got them from a guy who comes to you in the end. I replaced both front tryes @ £190.00 each. Total cost for 2 fitted with VAT £456.00. Thought that was a bargain :clap:
K333 CJL - Caroline

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:36 pm
Scott barton User avatar

Was that the conti sport 3 19" ?

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 pm
bownib User avatar

Yep. I asked him where he got them from but he wouldn't tell me. He was recommended by a colleague at work. I couldn't fault the service and he has also put me in touch with a guy who can touch up my alloys!
K333 CJL - Caroline

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:40 pm
MarnusFN Newbie

Kudos: 0
I have the OEM Continental 235/45/18 on my RCZ. had to replace after 20 000km. These tyres perform extremely well in our South African conditions, but yes, even over this side of the water, they are very scarce to com by and very expensive. But for the fun and pleasure of driving an RCZ, its worth every cent. :dance:

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:50 pm
Rczmk User avatar

Kudos: 22
http://www.camskill.co.uk/ is good for tyres if you haven't already seen this site.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:12 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Scott barton wrote:
I now have a nail in my tyre, too close to the edge to repair and I have about another 200 miles to do today. I cant find anybody who has our 19" CONTINENTALS in stock!!
Thats why i think a full size spare is essential !!!

I totally agree with you Scott. I have just ordered from my dealer a full sized wheel and tyre plus associated tool kit for £681. Apparently I am the first person to show any interest in this since Peugeot showed it to us at the RCZ owners day at Pinley House, expecting to take delivery shortly. I guess in will have a negative effect on my MPG, but give me piece of mind.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:34 pm
Scott barton User avatar

I've just driven back to Norfolk from Pinley House with a nail in the back nearside. 120 miles plus- very unnerving really!

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:18 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Scott barton wrote:
I've just driven back to Norfolk from Pinley House with a nail in the back nearside. 120 miles plus- very unnerving really!

I bet!!! What were you doing there?

Next

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension