Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Steering

Steering

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Kudos: 0
We are having problems with steering. Car has had a new rack and has been back three times now.Same fault has returned. Car pulls over to the left and cluncking sound on full left lock . Any help please. Regards Peter

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
Peter harrison wrote:
We are having problems with steering. Car has had a new rack and has been back three times now.Same fault has returned. Car pulls over to the left and cluncking sound on full left lock . Any help please. Regards Peter

there aint many members on this forum who are in the know about this problem mate regards to the steering but i hope you get it sorted out quickly although you can contact the peugeot group member directly on this forum if your not happy with the car :thumbup: the avatar is the peugeot group :thumbup:

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:41 pm
Gorwell Senior Member

Kudos: 30
Peter harrison wrote:
Car pulls over to the left and cluncking sound on full left lock

Hi,

Presume you've checked out the tyres / balancing / tracking / etc :eusa-think:

Clunking sound could just the the "normal" groan that most cars make when you do a full lock :eusa-think:
Full lock is not good for any car and you should avoid it as much as possible.

Good luck, although with the steering rack already being replaced and three further Dealer visits, it's not looking too hopeful.

:cry:

Post Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:56 pm
timo75 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi Peter ,

My Rcz R is doing exactly the same thing !! :thumbdown:

did you get yours sorted ?

Gorwell wrote:
Peter harrison wrote:
Car pulls over to the left and cluncking sound on full left lock

Hi,

Presume you've checked out the tyres / balancing / tracking / etc :eusa-think:

Clunking sound could just the the "normal" groan that most cars make when you do a full lock :eusa-think:
Full lock is not good for any car and you should avoid it as much as possible.

Good luck, although with the steering rack already being replaced and three further Dealer visits, it's not looking too hopeful.

:cry:

Post Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:06 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Kudos: 73
Sounds like accident damage of course as this should not be happening at all.History check needed. :eusa-shhh:
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:02 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 365
Is it possible that it's the suspension that is making the noise?

As in the bushes that other people have had problems with?

Just a thought.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:38 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1096
Like Chris says, front suspension top mounts on mine were replaced by Peugeot on a "notice" to their dealers. I didn't get any pulling one way or the other, but I did get some distinct "clunking" noises, especially over small road imperfections, but weirdly, not over speed bumps at low speeds.

Might be worth mentioning if you are taking it in to a Pug dealer for investigation.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension