Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension strange noise coming from front wheels

strange noise coming from front wheels

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 424
mmmm track rod end? That sounds about right. I had that go in my 207, and I was convinced it was the same sound as my RCZ, in fact I suggested they check them out .... a girl telling a mechanic how to do his job maybe isn't the best thing to do :roll: . But thankfully the new suspension mounts fixed my problem. Track rods are cheap/quick to replace so that's why the garage is going to try that next. Sure they'll get to the bottom of it!
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

bugia Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
I'm glad that the dealer solved the problem. Is the part to be replaced (anti roll) an other Peugeot Info Falsh? Would you please take a note of the part being replaced.
An other problem I noticed yesterday was that I had a very low rear tyre and did not get an indication. Should one get a indication/ log file???
For those who thought I was opting for winter tyres...... What WINTER!!!!
Bugia

Malta

donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 424
The RCZ doesn't have tyre pressure sensors as standard. My 207 had them and I really miss them. I THINK they were part of an options pack though......
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

bee Senior Member

Kudos: 29
tyre sensors come fitted as part of the vision pack.

paul141 Senior Member

Kudos: 24
Tyre pressure sensors on the BMW & Jag range (and others) is done via the ABS sensor, why did Peugeot not do that ?

bugia Regular
Regular

Thanks for the feedback.

Bugia

Malta

Who's Faye User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
I picked up my car last night and as soon soon as I left the garage I heard the noise again so went straight back in. A mechanic sat in the car with me and I drove the 1 meter to make the noise happen. The garage were very apologetic and are now trying to see if they can get me an RCZ replacement car (the loan car they gave me Monday was a 107) whilst they sort the problem. Robins & Day have been fantastic and the gentleman serving me said he will work around me to cause me the least inconvienece possible. The mechanic still believes the noise is coming from the suspension, fingers crossed they can sort it when it next goes in.

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
after a good wash i am starting to hear the same noise. Even though the shock absorber rubber was replaced :-(

bugia Regular
Regular

Were both sides replaced? Is it the driver's side you are hearing the noise from?

Bugia
Malta

gatt767 Senior Member

both sides were replaced. i am hearing the noise from the front. It seems that when i was washing the car including the wheel arches the noise starts to come back. i don't know what to do i am getting tired going to the dealer.

Who's Faye User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
I got my car back on Friday and Peugeot had to replace the engine mount on my car to stop the noise. I've had a good drive around with it since and there is no noise anymore :dance:

gatt767 Senior Member

This is surely something related to water seeping in the shock absorber joints.

I think it would be better that you really give it a good test before claiming victory.

That is what I thought when the local agent carried the repairs, but a few days later, the noise re appeared.

Marisa Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Guys I had the shock mounts replaced it didn't stop the noise, its only when they replaced the engine mounts did the noise stop completely. 6 months trouble free now.....touch wood ;)

ianyapp Newbie

Had my RCZ in since new last May for squealing brakes - cleaned but still corrode over night and still squeal when cold. Dealership say they can't hear it. Also had some knocking, low speed, speed humps, pot holes. They have changed strut mounts and re-tested yesterday and use the 'C' word to describe and say they've done all they can. Utterly flabbergasted that for nearly £30k they wash their hands of me and even happy that I go elsewhere for second opinion. I am obviously hearing things. So, Dealership ******** - aftersales lessons needed!
Last edited by RCZ1 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum terms and conditions

OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 891
Please obtain a second opinion and let us know the result. It may just be you after all. Some customers can be wrong.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

debsRCZ Newbie

Who's Faye wrote:
I got my car back on Friday and Peugeot had to replace the engine mount on my car to stop the noise. I've had a good drive around with it since and there is no noise anymore :dance:

Hi All

Well its been a few months now of going back and forth to the dealership to try and get this knocking issue resolved.I even went out for an hour with the dealer service manager and guess what it didn't happen whilst he was with me. Last week they replaced both the shock mounts but the very next day I drove it and heard the same noises again so in my case this has NOT solved the problem. What next i wonder ?
The dealer says they cannot do anymore and have no ideas left to try. Engine mounts have not been considered or mentioned by the dealer so its over to Peugeot for some answers and some action.
When I purchased the car I was told that Peugeot would be taking great care of their RCZ owners ?????

They say beauty is only skin deep !!!, well I think Peugeot need to dig deep and get these issues resolved, The RCZ is a beauty indeed, that's why I purchased it in the first place and I have lost count of the amount of people who just stop and look in amazement when they see the car in it's Pearescent White coat and dazzling 19 inch wheels, I've had so many great comments on how fab it looks.

It's such a shame that these issues have crept in and they are letting you down Peugeot !!!

I am not happy at all and the list of unresolved issues which is growing. As far as I'm concerned these are not characteristics !!!
1. Knocking noise at low crawl speeds and when the car turns.started at about 3k miles.
2. Brake squeal !!! really i would expect this from a 10 year old banger NOT from a £30K car with 5500 miles on the clock and barely a year old.
3. Drips of water draining from the wing mirrors down the door panels after car has been washed causing a line of residue in the paintwork from the wing mirror right down to the sill, if left becomes very hard to remove. I paid a lot extra for this pearl paintwork and extra for the dealership to protect the paint work and don't want it ruined by this fault.
4. Passanger window mysteriously opens by about 4-5 inches on its own after the car has been locked up. have woken up at least three mornings to find this had happened and even found it happened one afternoon after parking up in a car park. very disturbing indeed.
DebsRCZ Pearl White 200GT.The Full Works.

gatt767 Senior Member

it seems that the knocking noise is once again increasing. I have also done the change to the shock absorbers as recomended by peugeot but still nothing has changed. can someone from Peugeot gives us an answer of what really needs to be changed?? Why are we being left in the dark? I cannot stay going to and from the dealer changing parts without knowing if the problem will be fixed or not.
I have an HDI model on 18" wheels

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 pm
jc73uk User avatar

Kudos: 2
Try this and let me know if it helps http://bit.ly/HBsELs
RCZ HDi GT Black.

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:14 am
Rczmk User avatar

Kudos: 22
jc73uk wrote:
Try this and let me know if it helps http://bit.ly/HBsELs

brilliant there is an iPhone app for this to

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hqglmi
Peugeot RCZ 2.0 GT Hdi Dolphin Blue
Sports steering wheel
Personalised plate
Painted calipers
Carbon wing mirrors
Carbon roof wrap

Post Sun May 13, 2012 10:34 am
Glenn User avatar

Totally forgot I hadn't followed up here.

In a nutshell the dealer replaced dampers as per the info flash, but no good. He asked to hold onto the car for a couple of days to really try and chase the issue down. Well it has now been a month since we got it back from that last service (30,000kms) and the knocking noise is gone. The words on the service read:

Excessive play in front sway bar link pins. Removed and replaced front sway bar links. Retensioned and lubricated all suspension componants.

So he reckons they just pulled it apart and put it back together again torqued to factory spec.
GT THP 200 in Perla Nera Black. JBL HiFi Upgrade, Directional Headlights and 19" Sortilege Midnight Rims
"Nigella" - Cause she is dark and sensuous, beautiful up front, and has a backside to die for

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension