Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension strange noise coming from front wheels

strange noise coming from front wheels

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

bugia Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
Hi All
I had (YES HAD) the same problem and had taken the car in just after a few weeks of deliver, first I got some silly answers and was getting tired of having to wait for the car to be diagnosed. But after reading this tread and having contacted an other Maltese having the same problem through this forum it SEEMS that the problem has been solved... plse be aware that I did say 'seems', need to test my RCZ further. Thanks 'Gatt767' for the help.
I was told that the part replaced was the the 'upper mounting dumper', oh yes both sides.
I now drive a totally different car, well at least I'm not concentrating of having to hear/feel the noise.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and wish you all a 'car trouble' free year!

Bugia

Malta

Teessider Regular
Regular

I am also having this problem. My car is a 1.6 petrol sport with 1,500 miles on the clock.

I started noticing a faint rattle when pulling away from standstill in first gear, and just a few hundred miles. I got the mechanic to come with me in the car & he heard it straight away too, though said it could be difficult to trace. Anway, after checking they said there is an alert on the Peugeot system saying to replace the strut top mountings if this problem occurs. Car is booked in for this next week.

Glenn User avatar

I won't bore you with my level of frustration but the dealer has finally acknowleged that a freakin info flash exists for the knocking I have at the front of the car - the same as has been described in this thread. This repair hasn't been done yet, only acknowleged today so will update again when done.

I don't know if the info flash #s are different country to country but here in Australia I have:

Info Flash #: B3BW010GQ0
Effect on the customer: Knocking in the front axle
Conditions in which fault appears: Noises when driving, banging on poor roads
Origin: RH and/or LH upper damper mounting
After-sales repair: Replacement of the RH and/or LH upper damper mounting
Neccassary componants: 1 Upper damper mounting (Part number 5038.F7)
GT THP 200 in Perla Nera Black. JBL HiFi Upgrade, Directional Headlights and 19" Sortilege Midnight Rims
"Nigella" - Cause she is dark and sensuous, beautiful up front, and has a backside to die for

donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 424
Glenn wrote:
IInfo Flash #: B3BW010GQ0
Effect on the customer: Knocking in the front axle
Conditions in which fault appears: Noises when driving, banging on poor roads
Origin: RH and/or LH upper damper mounting
After-sales repair: Replacement of the RH and/or LH upper damper mounting
Neccassary componants: 1 Upper damper mounting (Part number 5038.F7)

Thats the same as what I had Glenn (my dealer is in Scotland). Had both sides replaced and now she's tight as a nut, even down the bumpiest of roads :dance: :dance:
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

debsRCZ Newbie

I have had My RCZ 200GT for about 10 months and I am also getting this strange noise which seems to coming from the front wheels too.

I have had the car in to the dealer 2 months ago but the fault started about 4 months ago. the dealer replaced an exhaust bracket at the back of the car ? Yes funny that as I thought the noise was coming from the Front. Any how, It took them weeks to get the part and that only made a negligible difference as the noise is still there.
It occurs on rough or bumpy surface at low speeds and also when the steering is moved at slow speeds either way.

I am really P..... with this fault, why can't peugeot get this sorted !
The car is going back to the dealer again today for them to have another look as well as sorting out squealing brakes !!

Will keep you posted.

Debs
DebsRCZ Pearl White 200GT.The Full Works.

donnaj1dlh User avatar

debsRCZ wrote:
the dealer replaced an exhaust bracket at the back of the car ? Yes funny that as I thought the noise was coming from the Front.

The car is going back to the dealer again today for them to have another look as well as sorting out squealing brakes !!

Knocks and rattles can be elusive things Debs .... I thought mine was coming fromthe front (and it was :eusa-whistle: ) but my OH was convinced it was coming from the back.
Tell them to replace the engine mount dampers - it is a recognised Pug fault done under warranty.

My brakes are really scrapey just now too - I put it down to road grime and salt at the moment. A good blast with the power washer I find sorts it out!

Good luck!
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 am
debsRCZ Newbie

Thanks for that. I will post when I more info from my dealer

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 am
bradshaw Senior Member

Kudos: 21
The noise from under my car going over speed bumps has been diagnosed as the exhaust moving and rattling, going into the dealers Mon morning hopefully to get it fixed.
THP200 SPORT, mercury grey, K&N filter, feline quads, red calipers, private plate, age is just a number!

debsRCZ Newbie

Hi. It's debsRCZ, had that done but problem still persists. Had to wait weeks for the exhaust bracket part and had to complain to gets things moving, poor service so far from peugeot !!!
After all these are not cheap cars. Peugeot are NOT doing enough to sort this issue.

Arachnida Newbie

I'm having a similar kind of noise but coming from the back wheels?!? Anyone around here having the same problem too? They've already replaced many parts to no avail.

Driving slow over potholes or a paved road I can hear the sound clearly from the back. I guess it happens when the back of my car is moving a bit sideways, not up/down.

My car is an automatic from December 2010.

jactac User avatar

Kudos: 506
Booking My 156GT in next week for this klunky knocking noise, 2011 model with just 3500 miles on the clock.
I've commented on this knocking noise from day 1 when I first took ownership of the car, but I did not realise that Peugeot had finally recognised that there is a fault, and it is not just a "characteristic of the car", I really dont like that word being used to try and brush over genuine issues.

Another Example : A whistling noise from the air vents when pointing downwards. Reply: "Oh, Just use the center vents to stop it whistling, It's Just a characteristic of the car " !
NO IT'S NOT, it's a bloody design cock up that should be put right !

The RCZ sure can be a "character" eh ! :eusa-whistle:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Oh jactac, your car will be sweet as a nut after you've had the knocking sorted. As for the whistling vents, turn the fans down and the radio up!! :lol: :lol:
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:15 pm
jactac User avatar

donnaj1dlh wrote:
Oh jactac, your car will be sweet as a nut after you've had the knocking sorted. As for the whistling vents, turn the fans down and the radio up!! :lol: :lol:

Hope your right about the knocking noise Donna, however turning the fan down and the radio up to mask an obvious design fault doesnt ride comfortable with me.

In some of my earlier postings I tended to get ate up when people called obvious faults, "characteristics" of the car . These days I just think to myself, oh well it's your car and if you want to put up with it just carry on and call them "characteristics" if it makes you feel better, it just amuses me now these days when some owners still defend the RCZ's obvious faults/issues by still calling them by the "C" word. :lol:

Maybe this is why Peugeot do not act on some of these faults/issues because too many people are happy to just call them "characteristics" :eusa-think:
Last edited by jactac on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:18 pm
donnaj1dlh User avatar

jactac wrote:
In some of my earlier postings I tended to get ate up when people called obvious faults "characteristics" of the car . These days I just think to myself oh well it's your car if you want to put up with it carry on, and now it just amuses me when some owners still defend the cars faults by still calling them the "C" word. :lol:

Maybe this is why Peugeot do not act on some of these faults/issues because too many people are happy to just call them "characteristics" :eusa-think:

If I've paid £25K+ for a car, I won't accept 'charcteristics'!!! No way. :thumbdown:
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 pm
jactac User avatar

I totaly agree with you Donna.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
Me thinks that I bee the one to call your niggles characteristics of the car jactac. I still say you need to drive that awful opel a lot more and you may start to bond with it. Take it along to one of your sheep meetings and get it all excited and you never know it may just get jealous and start to perform better for you, in an attempt to gain your affections :thumbup:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

jactac User avatar

OO58RON wrote:
Me thinks that I bee the one to call your niggles characteristics of the car jactac. I still say you need to drive that awful opel a lot more and you may start to bond with it. Take it along to one of your sheep meetings and get it all excited and you never know it may just get jealous and start to perform better for you, in an attempt to gain your affections :thumbup:

No Ron your not alone m8, theres plenty of people, who for some reason that is behond me, are happy to just pass of annoying faults and issues as "characteristics" of the RCZ.
I personaly think us Brits are too polite when it comes to airing our gripes and complaining, no doubt some members will say we ARE happy and these are NOT actual faults, and I'm just a moaning old git !
The very people that love to use the "C" word. :eusa-whistle:

If your brandnew washing machine started whistling Dixie on certain programs and knocking its testicles off when washing your y fronts, would you accept from the happy chappy sales guy at Comets that all is normal and it's just a "characteristic" of the machine.

I wonder if owners of the so called more "up market" marques of car are as forgiving as an RZC owner ? I dont think so and this is why, dare I say it, some other marques are regarded as better quality than Peugeot.
Its pointless getting into another debate on this because it's all been said on here before. :sleeping-yellow:

Now I'm off to find a willing sheep that fancy's a spin through the Welsh countryside, but one that will not mind a bit of "knocking and whistling". :eusa-whistle:

I can just picture the scene now :

" Dont worry my dear, It's only a characteristic , now have a wine gum and enjoy the ride " ;) :lol:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
jactac wrote:
" Dont worry my dear, It's only a characteristic , now have a wine gum and enjoy the ride " ;) :lol:

Well that's a new name for it ! I assume that is the Welsh terminology as used in chapel. :-)
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

jactac User avatar

Ha ha, you bad lad Ron, I knew you would think of THAT !!!! 8-) :lol:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Who's Faye User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
My car went in today to have the noise from the wheels sorted. They replaced the mountings today as they were adviced to by Peugeot but on a test drive after they were still not happy that the car was perfect so will be replacing a part to do with the anti roll section of the car (apologies for not giving the correct technical term but uness I write it down as soon as they tell me i forget!). I can't fault Peugeot though, I posted on here a few weeks ago about the noise and a couple of hours later my dealer called me to say they heard I had a problem and would like to book my car in to sort.

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension