Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension strange noise coming from front wheels

strange noise coming from front wheels

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 424
I'm booked in for an investigation on the 2nd December, I hope they find the root of the knocking!
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 12
While at the dealer he mentioned something related to a flash news and that all dealers should have it but I am not so sure if this is correct. What I am sure is that he started reading the cause and it matched 100% my description

gatt767 Senior Member

He also mentioned that I can still continue using the car and that there is no cause for any alarm.although this is an inconvience I am quite happy with the service as they are fast to tackle these issues

OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
donnaj1dlh wrote:
I'm booked in for an investigation on the 2nd December, I hope they find the root of the knocking!

But Donna you make it sound sooooo personal :lol:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

donnaj1dlh User avatar

OO58RON wrote:
donnaj1dlh wrote:

But Donna you make it sound sooooo personal :lol:

But it is, some strange men pawing all over my girl!! :oops: I hope they treat her with respect!!
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
Ah.. It's your girl that is booked in, not you. "I'm booked in for an investigation on the 2nd December, I hope they find the root of the knocking!" I was confused by your willingness to undergo such evasive investigations :lol:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

donnaj1dlh User avatar

OO58RON wrote:
Ah.. It's your girl that is booked in, not you. "I'm booked in for an investigation on the 2nd December, I hope they find the root of the knocking!" I was confused by your willingness to undergo such evasive investigations :lol:

You do remember this is an RCZ forum???? :lol: :lol:

Strange men would have to be VERY VERY handsome to paw all over me :eusa-whistle:
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

bradshaw Senior Member

Kudos: 21
My THP 200 SPORT has been at the dealers today to investigate knocking from the suspension when driving over traffic calmers, extensive checks found nothing amiss, the mechanic said it was just the thud of the tyres, which of course is rubbish! On the demise of sound from the sound box he said as the paper air filter gets dirty the air passing thrugh it gets less and the sound made inside the car gets less, perhaps the solution to that is a K&N filter? Anyone tried one?
THP200 SPORT, mercury grey, K&N filter, feline quads, red calipers, private plate, age is just a number!

bradshaw Senior Member

Figo, quoted the number you posted, my dealer knew nothing about it.
THP200 SPORT, mercury grey, K&N filter, feline quads, red calipers, private plate, age is just a number!

gatt767 Senior Member

Tell him to re check. My dealer found the information after a few minutes. Very strange knowing that we @ Malta have already been informed with change. The diagram depicted the front suspension, shock absorber and its mounting. If I have the time next Monday I will tell them to give me a copy, scan it and post it to you to check. The info that I have posted are the part order listed within the copy he have gave me to keep.

donnaj1dlh User avatar

bradshaw wrote:
On the demise of sound from the sound box he said as the paper air filter gets dirty the air passing thrugh it gets less and the sound made inside the car gets less, perhaps the solution to that is a K&N filter? Anyone tried one?

I reckon that's cr*p too, to be honest. I noticed this first at 800miles on the clock .... you're saying the air filter is goosed after 800miles? No chance :(
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

bradshaw Senior Member

This morning I thought I would check the air filter with a view to replacing it with a K&N, suprise suprise it wasnt there, the mechanic must have removed it for whatever reason and not replaced it, I will be round there mon morning to see the service manager! If I hadnt checked I could have been driving around for months without. I think I will have to try another dealers elsewhere. They were saying that the sound box noise had deminished because the air filter was perhaps dirty( after just 3000 miles) how do they explain diminished noise with no filter fitted at all ?

donnaj1dlh User avatar

There are some right DONKEYS out there masquerading as mechanics .... and wer're trusting them with our pride and joys! :crazy: :crazy:
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

Hatman User avatar

Kudos: 19
I think 'Cowboys' would be a more operative word.
GT HDI Dolphin Blue, JBL, Integral Leather, LED DRL's, Stop/Tail, Diamond Vision

orange Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
Figo wrote:
gatt767 wrote:
I have just been informed by the local dealer that the following part must be replaced Code 50838F7 Description : Spring Support. This is a known issue and needs to be done to effected RCZ.

Thanks

Is this a recall item or just for you?

+1
interested if it's an official recall.
our dealers like to keep it silent unless you push them hard to check. :evil:

ApacheUK Newbie

Kudos: 0
Marisa wrote:
I had the same knocking noise described above. Over pot holes and rough surfaces at low speeds. After many test drives 5 different repairs including new shock mounts and brake cables etc. They did a sound test where they place sensors round the car to find the source of the noise. After the test they replaced the engine mounts and so far no more noise. In fact it feels like a new car as it is now solid, hope it helps :)

This was also done to mine but the engine mounts were reseated. No more noise now :beer:

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:46 pm
orange Regular
Regular

any other news in this topic?

donnaj1dlh User avatar

I'm getting new suspension mounts fitted as there was some play in them. Both sides being done. TBH though, since they inspected it, it's been much better so I don't know if they tightened something up....
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

orange Regular
Regular

so it's not an official recall?

donnaj1dlh User avatar

orange wrote:
so it's not an official recall?

no ... although if enough of us have it, it might become one! :lol:
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension