Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension strange noise coming from front wheels

strange noise coming from front wheels

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Tangellow Newbie

Kudos: 1
I have also noticed the front suspension knocking for some time now, car about to go in for its first major service so will give the dealer a good description of the problem and the info flash codes given in this post. It certainly sounds like it could be engine mounts and/or upper damper mounts. I will give them plenty of notice, perhaps they can do some homework and have a solution waiting for me! Stranger things have happened.

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
i am taking mine for the first service. i cannot understand how peugeot did not as yet found a solution and informed the garages with the solution.

are the engine mounts difficult to replace on thr rcz? whats the lead time for such repairs?

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
finally my problem seems to have been solved. on inspecting the car the mechanic found the underlying engine mount and sub frame nuts not properly tied. i was with him while doing the repairs. he tightened up the bolts and finally no more noise. this took a year to solve but at least it has been sorted out with no need of any major repairs. will contine to test and let you know the outcome :dance: :beer:

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 am
Fil_auto Newbie

Kudos: 0
gatt767 wrote:
finally my problem seems to have been solved. on inspecting the car the mechanic found the underlying engine mount and sub frame nuts not properly tied. i was with him while doing the repairs. he tightened up the bolts and finally no more noise. this took a year to solve but at least it has been sorted out with no need of any major repairs. will contine to test and let you know the outcome :dance: :beer:

I have the same knocking noise from the front and its getting really annoying! It seems to disappear in the cold mornings though.

It seems like the main issue is the engine mounts, so I think I will put it in a garage and tell them to fix them. Do you guys agree thet this seems to be the most likely cause?

mistral_blue Senior Member

Kudos: 82
See my experience HERE
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Previous

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension