Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Rusty hubs?

Rusty hubs?

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:03 pm
eyetiepie Senior Member

Kudos: 2
i will take some pics of mine before and after it goes in to peugeot for a clean up and paint. it does sound like it's the discs rather than the hubs so it looks like peugeot are being good on this one - they obviously want lots of shiny RCZs on the road :)

i was in quickfit the other day to have a slow puncture fixed and they guy there said it was the discs and just to use some paint on it :)
RCZ 156 GT Charcoal

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:47 pm
Scarlet Senior Member

Kudos: 0
Flash going in next Tuesday! What is the courtesy car, Dave - is it a cool one? :-)

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:18 pm
eyetiepie Senior Member

hmmmm - depends how cool you think a 207 is?!?
RCZ 156 GT Charcoal

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm
Scarlet Senior Member

oh noooooooooooooooo......................... :-(

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:27 am
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
eyetiepie wrote:
hmmmm - depends how cool you think a 207 is?!?

DINNA diss the 207! I loved mine! :evil:
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:40 am
eyetiepie Senior Member

ok - here's a pic of the rusty rear hub. this is the drivers side but the passenger's is the same too. sorry for the quality but it was on the camera phone and it was still dark this morning.

hubs 002_1229x922.jpg

she's gone into Marshall's today to have them cleaned up under warranty. will post new pics tomorrow :)
RCZ 156 GT Charcoal

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:26 am
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Argh, they do look crap! A touch up with hammerite and it'll be ok :eusa-whistle:
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:28 pm
bradshaw Senior Member

Kudos: 21
Painted with Hammerite when you got the car & your hubs would still look like new!
THP200 SPORT, mercury grey, K&N filter, feline quads, red calipers, private plate, age is just a number!

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:39 pm
eyetiepie Senior Member

though it shouldn't really be up to me to paint the car when i get it to stop it getting signs of rust! if it's as simple as some hammerite, why can't they come out of the factory already protected.

anyway - it should all be sorted under warranty so I'll be happy.

cheers

dave
RCZ 156 GT Charcoal

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:12 pm
eyetiepie Senior Member

all sorted - am really pleased with the result. They cleaned up the rears and then painted them, and then when they realised the fronts no longer matched, they did them too - all under warranty :beer:

really impressed - thanks Peugeot - given that many seem to think "it's one of those things".

IMG_0366.JPG
RCZ 156 GT Charcoal

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:26 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
eyetiepie wrote:
all sorted - am really pleased with the result. They cleaned up the rears and then painted them, and then when they realised the fronts no longer matched, they did them too - all under warranty :beer:

really impressed - thanks Peugeot - given that many seem to think "it's one of those things".

IMG_0366.JPG

That looks like a professional :thumbup:

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:24 pm
donnaj1dlh User avatar

great job .... they look like mine :D
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 pm
eyetiepie Senior Member

i guess the problem was i've never owned a car with alloys in a wet country like england. last car i had was in italy and it never had that problem ;)

i can imagine in scotland you probably have to smear them in vaseline to stop the rust :p
RCZ 156 GT Charcoal

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
eyetiepie wrote:
i guess the problem was i've never owned a car with alloys in a wet country like england. last car i had was in italy and it never had that problem ;)

i can imagine in scotland you probably have to smear them in vaseline to stop the rust :p

all the cars i have had have never had this the only corrosion if you can call it that is discolouring of the brake calipers but i always paint them a month or 2 after i buy the car/lease as they are cheaply painted by the car makers.

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:51 am
Rczmk User avatar

Kudos: 22
Wow they look amazing! My hubs look excatly like yours all rusty and spoiling the look. I took my wheels off and painted my rusty calipers, cleaned the wheels inside so think its time the hubs got done aswell. So bad that the dealers let cars go out like this. Still waiting to get my mirror corrosion problem sorted to.

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:44 am
deelight Newbie

took my car in for its 1st year service told them about my rusty hubs they are going to remove the rust then paint them. has anybody else had this done?

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 pm
Bulldogbeal Newbie

I had the problem with rusty hubs and brake callipers, I complained to Peugeot Customer Services who were great and arranged for me to return my vehicle to the dealer for the problem to be sorted f.o.c. The affected hubs and callipers were cleaned,treated and finally painted with Heat resistant paint. The dealer even blended the paint to match the alloys.My thanks for great service from Peugeot and a superb job done by Randalls of Stoke.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
deelight wrote:
took my car in for its 1st year service told them about my rusty hubs they are going to remove the rust then paint them. has anybody else had this done?

I plan to do the same as you. Mine were rusty as it sat in the showroom awaiting to be handed over :thumbdown:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 am
Who's Faye User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
I had the rusty hub problem so in the car went to have that repaired along with having the wing mirrors repaired. I picked up the car on Thursday last week with sparkly new discs & callipers. I went out in the car Saturday morning to hear and awful noise coming from the rear (sounded like the wheel was rubbing on something to me) so I went straight to the garage before they closed and took it out on a road test with a mechanic who said the car was safe to drive as it sounded like a dry joint in the rear suspension. I pointed out to the mechanic that my lovely new hubs seemed to have a orange stain appearing on them.

The car was booked in for Monday and I'm collecting her later today. Suspension noise has been repaired and the hubs, I believe, have been cleaned up and painted.

I can't fault Robins & Day Rochester, thier level of service has been fantastic, although when you walk in the garage and everyone knows your name it makes you realise you are spending too much time in there! lol! Most of my neighbours now think I have two RCZ's as I have had the blue courtesy car about once a month this year. Also I have to thank Peugeot for allowing Robins & Day to carry out all the work and causing me the least amount of hassle possible.

I must admit though, I do hope this is the last time I have to visit the garage until my 40,000 service, as I especially dislike it when I say to family/friends my car is in the garage and they give me 'that look' and say "should you not get a new car now?" but there is no way I'm getting rid of my car anytime soon, I still love her even though she has been a pain at times :)

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:30 pm
kkrcz User avatar

Mine has no such rust, did Peugeot quietly painted all their new production batch?
_____
KK
200THP Manual | Vision Pack | Sports Pack
Pearl White | Pearl Black Side Mirror | Black 19" Rim | Black Grille
LED DRL | LED Brake Light | LED Signal Light | K&N Air Filter

PreviousNext

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension