Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Tyre puncture warning but appears ok.?

Tyre puncture warning but appears ok.?

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:13 pm
JBMcc Newbie

Kudos: 6
Hi
Just back from a weeks holiday, went to start my RCZ GT 2014 and a warning message and bleep came on to say front left tyre punctured. Run through the diagnosis, again said puncture then tyre was deflated. Got out the portable air compressor to pump up tyre and pressure showing as 32 psi. Inflated to 35 hoping that would be it, but warning still saying puncture and tyre deflated.
Drove to garage to check and pressure 35 psi. Drove 15 miles. Feels ok, but didn’t go ove 55 mph just in case. Warning still showing the same.

Had a week of really cold weather here and snow and car been sat on driveway for the week :( . Was wondering if this could be causing the sensor to make a false reading. I have read on this forum that you have to drive the car for a bit before it detects a puncture, something to do with the wheel movement.

Does anyone have any ideas or have had this on their RCZ? :?

Thank you
JMcC
Last edited by JBMcc on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 493
its Possible the battery in one of your sensors has died you may need to renew that sensor :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

JBMcc Newbie

Oh thanks, didn’t realise there was a battery in the sensor, is there anyway to check, other than to replace and see if the warning goes away. Do they need to be replace by Peugeot dealing or can I do, if not too technical lol.
Cheers

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Not sure how you can check if it’s faulty? Maybe deflate the tyre then re inflate see if that works :eusa-think: never changed one but I believe straight forward to do your local tyre fitter should be able to replace for you but I think they may need coding so possibly worth letting a dealer do it.
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1078
Not sure how relevant this is, but, last time I had my front tyres replaced, one sensor was showing puncture afterwards. I took the car back, they deflated & re inflated that tyre, I had Nitrogen fills so wanted them to re do it. The tyre was still showing as punctured. They told me that they would contact their technical department (it was weekend so I had to wait until Monday). The next day when I started the car, the warning had gone.
Apparently, the sensors can take some time to re-set themselves. Just worth bearing in mind.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

JBMcc Newbie

Thank you , l am hoping it will sort itself out by morning. My RCZ is having a hissy fit as I haven’t driven it for a week lol ;)

JBMcc Newbie

Update
Took car to tyre garage and they confirmed tyre pressure ok. They also advised that I need to rest the sensor. The guy tried to do it for me but didn’t know how, so advised me to check the manual

Nothing in manual on how to reset tyre sensors, searched the internet, YouTube and this forum, nothing on how to reset sensor.

So am now wondering two things, either it’s not possible to reset or it can but has to be done by a special gizmo that only Peugeot dealers have and will probably cost a fortune.

Is there anyone out there who knows for sure before I go the Peugeot Dealer route.

Thanks

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:06 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 524
I think it's just worth ringing the garage up for some info, you could ask them for example....

If I buy a new sensor will it need to be activated / added to the car telematics via the diagnostic machine?

or, can I just get new batteries? ( though I think they are sealed units ).

The sensors themselves aren't particularly expensive it's the coding that's the problem.

I remember having two wheels swapped when I did a deal and got two new tyres with wheels from fleabay, that the spare in the boot was always telling me I had a puncture, a bit daunting at first until I realised what was going on, but it was found nigh on impossible for the garage to get the car to recognise the two new sensors, to the point that I had the tyres removed and the sensors from the old tyres put on the two new ones. This was the only way I could get it to work, so I'm saying they defo need coding with the Peugeot system unless you know someone with the P2000 setup if that will even recode them?

:beer:
Last edited by Plecodoras on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 pm
JBMcc Newbie

Thank you for the advice, yes think it would be a good move to see what info I can get from garage. The car is due for a service next month so hopefully can get sorted then . Just a bit annoying as I don’t like warning faults if there is no fault!
Love my car to bits and it puts a big smile on my face every day, so will persevere with this until sorted :-)

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:52 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1078
Not all dealers actually know what they are talking about when it comes to wheels & sensors.

My main dealer told me I couldn’t swap my front to rear to even tyre wear because they are coded to the actual corner they’re fitted to.

I since found out on the forum, members swap them round all the time with no problems.
Last edited by DKZ5745 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 57
by disconnecting the battery for some time (15-30 min.) is a good way to reset many things in a car

dont know if it works but it is an easy thing to do so why dont you give it a try?
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

neilgsxr69 User avatar

I don’t think it’s just Peugeot dealers that can code the sensors, I’ve been looking recently for some new alloys and a couple of places have said any problem with the sensors and they can replace and recode. :thumbup:

Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 364
ONLY AEK wrote:
by disconnecting the battery for some time (15-30 min.) is a good way to reset many things in a car

dont know if it works but it is an easy thing to do so why dont you give it a try?
If you disconnect the battery make sure it is done to the correct procedure!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 524
tianorth wrote:
ONLY AEK wrote:

If you disconnect the battery make sure it is done to the correct procedure!

Okay Dokey Chris....

What is the correct way to disconnect the battery - for future use ( the procedure not the battery lol )
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Spart User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 14
on a Renalut Laguna I once had with the same problem the fix was to over inflate by 20 odd psi then deflate to the correct pressure.Even if it doesn't work it's cheap :beer:

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 364
This from long time ago, you have to make sure all computers are shut down properly.

Try resetting the Bsi. Below is the procedure I believe.

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

This may help with the fuel gauge issue.

Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension