Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Top mount single or pair

Top mount single or pair

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Fri May 12, 2017 7:23 pm
howardf Senior Member

Kudos: 53
At my recent service the dealership has said they need to replace a suspension top mount.
I've read that lots of owners have had issues with these.
Should this part be replaced as a single item or on both sides to ensure even wear /handling.? Dealership only wants to change 1 side under warranty :?
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

Post Fri May 12, 2017 8:29 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 820
I was told there was a notice from Peugeot UK to replace the top mounts. This is only done in the event that the owner reports an issue with them, or if the garage sees a problem with them during other work.
In effect this is not a recall, just a notice to replace.

They should be replacing both of them, it is obviously good practice, and especially coupled with the notice from Peugeot, there is clearly a known issue.

Mine were both replaced at the same time & all I did was point out I could here knocking from the front.

You need to have a word, point out that you are aware of the notice from Peugeot, mention other owners experiences on this forum & insist that both are done. Tell them to speak to Peugeot directly if they aren't convinced.

Hope that helps.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri May 12, 2017 8:32 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Forgot to say, my dealership is Evans Halshaw Peugeot, Wakefield.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 pm
howardf Senior Member

Kudos: 53
I asked them if they would be changing both, but are sticking to just one, saying no problem with other side. I passed this on to the fleet provider as its a company car, who called the dealer, but they are still only willing to change 1 side but "will look closely at the other and change if required".
Can't understand why they wouldn't do both sides at once...especially when it's warranty work.
Evans Halshaw Doncaster
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

Post Sun May 14, 2017 6:05 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

All I can think is that the "notice" from Peugeot states only change what is absolutely necessary. Mine must have both needed doing.
Because your car is still quite new, I don't suppose it will make a noticeable difference to the handling / ride if they only do one.
As you you have said though, if it's warranty work, you would have thought they would have just done both anyway :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension