Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Will standard 19" alloys fit my R?

Will standard 19" alloys fit my R?

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:25 am
stagger321 User avatar

Kudos: 66
Lo there.
Anyone know if the standard 19" alloys (as below) will fit my RCZ-R. I can borrow some (from someone some way away) but want to know if they will clear the R 380mm discs and calipers. Plus what is the offset on these?
Cheers

Stagger

----------------------------------------------------------
RCZ 'R' : 2014 - Mercury Grey
Triumph Stag : 1974 - White - Original Triumph V8

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Kudos: 46
Hey mate,

Not sure about clearance on the calipers, but if the offset is similar they should be close. Spoke design often plays a big part in caliper clearance.

I believe the standard offset is 27.

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 150
Offset on the original 19" RCZ R rims is 24
I doubt those will fit the big Alcon calipers.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 pm
stagger321 User avatar

RCZ-R wrote:
Offset on the original 19" RCZ R rims is 24
I doubt those will fit the big Alcon calipers.

Well I have gone and sourced via Fleabay a set of 19" Pug "Technical" wheels/tyres as fitted to the GT's as standard.
While the inner diameter is fine - as you say the offset is the issue. I knew it would be - but the degree is what concerned me.

The distance from the Alcon caliper to the spokes on the "R" wheels is about 25mm. The Technicals fit fine - but have a clearance of only a couple of mm
So spacers are needed, and I should be fine.
How thick though? Don't fancy inch wide spacers and extra long bolts.
Advice welcomed here.

Note: I only have these for a short amount of time while my other wheels are refurbed, and maybe for running with winter tyres. They will not be for high speed use (over 70mph)
Cheers

Stagger

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 pm
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Kudos: 46
A couple of mm clearance from the calipers should be fine mate. The 406 coupe came standard with a couple of mm from the Brembos to the 16s. I also fitted 19s which were literally 1mm away and never had any issues for the 5 years that I owned it.

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 pm
jr4070 Senior Member

Kudos: 37
Where are you getting the R wheels refurbed? I have looked into having mine done but the places I have been are retisent about doing them .. They say there not dimond cut originals and the painting and masking off would make the cost vast.. I think that diamond cut effect would be the best..

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am
stagger321 User avatar

jr4070 wrote:
Where are you getting the R wheels refurbed? I have looked into having mine done but the places I have been are retisent about doing them .. They say there not dimond cut originals and the painting and masking off would make the cost vast.. I think that diamond cut effect would be the best..

Still looking around. There is a place near Leicester that may have a go, although they are currently scratching their heads on this. I'll let you know if they are prepared to take on the challenge when I have the replacement wheels on.
The issue is they can diamond cut the kerbed section, but then to get the wheel looking un-patched they have to skim down to the hub area so it looks like a single cut.
As you know the wheels are a difficult profile for this.
My own set were locally dremmeled and patched painted/lacquered by the looks of things before I owned the car, and corrosion has got behind this section making it look worst that the kerbed bit. So I can't locally cut & patch that area again - and I really want a decent job this time. Having said that, I want it done as properly as I can - without a complete acid bath strip and repaint/recut which will cost many hundreds.
Cheers

Stagger

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:09 am
mcdon18 Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
Hi,

Not sure if this will help, but if you need a 19" space saver which I had for my RCZ-R, never used comes with brace and jack for sale.

regards Beej
HDi 2.0 GT
Black
19" Solstice
SatNav

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension