Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension Just had a couple if these bad boys fitted.

Just had a couple if these bad boys fitted.

inc spare tyres & tyre pressure

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 843
So, having discovered that my Hankooks had lasted less than a year & @ 10k on the front of my Z, I have had to bite the bullet & have them replaced.
I went for the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s which I had fitted yesterday. I paid £386 fitted from Black Circle and had them put on by ATS.
I also paid £4 for Nitrogen filling, and another £55 for 4 wheel tracking as ATS told me all 4 wheels were a little out (they showed me the display on the computer). They also showed me the removed tyres, and the inside edges were more worn than the rest of the tread.
Also, amazingly, there was a very large nail straight through the centre of the tread section on the near side tyre, which I knew nothing about. I had no loss of pressure, and had only checked them a few days earlier, so it must have made a good seal when it went in.
I have not yet really had chance to evaluate them, & I might be driving a little more slowly for a while, I can't afford to replace the tyres as often as this, but I'm sure that driving style will only last a short time.
Attachments
IMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0821.JPG (254.39 KiB) Viewed 996 times
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG (247.48 KiB) Viewed 996 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 193
They look the biz.

I had a nail in my new tyre with no loss of pressure, the garage said it couldn't be repaired - to near the edge... So I left it in, and it stayed in until the tyre went bald, which was quicker than when I went bald !!

You might also want to splash out on some new shoes, those lead ones are to heavy for your peddle... :eusa-whistle:

Look forward to an update once you've run em in, I've only heard good things about them so was going to treat my front wheels soon.

:beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :lol:

DKZ5745 User avatar

Went out this evening round some winding roads near Denby Dale. It was drizzling so roads were greasy & it was like it was on rails :thumbup: (already forgot about taking it steady :lol: ).
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 319
That's what I've put on my HDi RCZ (all round)
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

DKZ5745 User avatar

I think they will go on the rears eventually, but despite my best efforts, I can't get the original Conti's to wear down :o
They still have 4-5ml across, so it looks like they're stopping where they are for the time being. :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Plecodoras User avatar

So what's the nitrogen do?

frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 78
Plecodoras wrote:
So what's the nitrogen do?

Nothing, nitrogen molecules are larger so you don't loose pressure as quickly.
However, the air you loose won't be nitrogen so over time your nitrogen percentage will increase anyway.
Therefore I think the money on that is wasted.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
It also doesn't expand with the temperature like air does, so you get a more consistent tyre pressure when pushing the car.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

DKZ5745 User avatar

It's what they use in aircraft tyres, and also formula 1 cars all have nitrogen filled tyres. At £1 per tyre it's not exactly going to break the bank, & if it's good enough for F1 it's OK by me.

I have had my last 2 cars tyres filled with Nitrogen & I have had a noticeable difference in pressures remaining constant. My last car, a Megan CC, I had that car for quite some time & I don't remember ever having to top up the pressures.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Plecodoras User avatar

Hey cool,

well that's worth doing then, niggles me when I have to stop to top up the pressures !

Just my luck the jokers at my garage will put Helium in !! :shock:

frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 78
Plecodoras wrote:
Hey cool,

well that's worth doing then, niggles me when I have to stop to top up the pressures !

Just my luck the jokers at my garage will put Helium in !! :shock:

Normal air already is 78% nitrogen.
If you lose the other 22% and fill up with normal air you already have 95% nitrogen.
It's not worth it.
I check tyre pressure regularly and hardly lose any.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
If the place doing the fill with nitrogen doesn't have all the right gear or process it's pointless. You need to purge the normal air out, vacuum out all air, purge, vac, then fill with nitrogen or something like that, I can't remember at the moment. But yeah a lot of places don't and you end up with a blend which it pointless.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

DKZ5745 User avatar

I had it done by ATS and they removed the air from each tyre before filling with Nitrogen , they then repeated the process. They were a bit too thorough as it screwed up 2 of the 4 pressure sensors, & I ended up having to call my Peugeot dealer & asking the service manager for advice. I had to leave with a large STOP message on the dash, with 2 punctures listed in the diagnostics.
Fortunately, as the dealer advised, a few miles down the road, the message disappeared as the sensors registered the new pressures.
Weirdly, it wasn't the 2 fronts that were showing punctured, it was the 2 near side (front & rear). They said it was probably because all the air had been removed (but that was the case for all 4 tyres ?)

Anyway, it's all good now :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Brakes and Suspension