Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Drivetrain Engine management light

Engine management light

Engine, gearbox, exhaust and other drivetrain issues

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:38 pm
highlander64 User avatar

Kudos: 6
Hi Folks

Only had my RCZ back 4 days from having new timing chain, guides, tensioner etc,
was running sweet till started her up to come home from work, sitting in traffic when Engine (which was still cold) started juddering/shaking/spluttering, then cut out engine management light came on saying engine repair needed, restarted and
when the car was warmed up seemed to be OK still a slight juddering at standstill but does not cut out, error code P1337 / P1336 / P1340, had this before but thought it was because of the dreaded rattling chain
any ideas
only just forked out 550 pound for the timing chain issues, so hope its nothing to expensive :thumbdown:

Thanks in advance

Vince

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:49 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 539
Hi, what a downer!! Hope you get it sorted quickly and cheaply. Your chain and associated Gubbins will be under warranty so if the problem stems from that then your dealer should sort it quickly.
Sounds to me like a coil problem which is apparently a common fault on these engines and should be sorted quite easily.

Good luck and keep the faith! :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:25 pm
Sanity Senior Member

Kudos: 43
Yea that's the igniton coils. Just replaced all four on mine even if only 2 was bad.
Then do a little praying it takes years before next error :)

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:16 pm
highlander64 User avatar

Kudos: 6
Thanks guys

Just done some internet searches and it comes up with cylinder 1 2 and 4 with those codes so guess ill be changing all 4 coil packs and see what happens.

Cheers
Vince

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:28 pm
bjornarhuse Newbie

Kudos: 0
And...?

Post Sun May 27, 2018 2:05 pm
lanko Newbie

Kudos: 0
highlander64 wrote:
Hi Folks

Only had my RCZ back 4 days from having new timing chain, guides, tensioner etc,
was running sweet till started her up to come home from work, sitting in traffic when Engine (which was still cold) started juddering/shaking/spluttering, then cut out engine management light came on saying engine repair needed, restarted and
when the car was warmed up seemed to be OK still a slight juddering at standstill but does not cut out, error code P1337 / P1336 / P1340, had this before but thought it was because of the dreaded rattling chain
any ideas
only just forked out 550 pound for the timing chain issues, so hope its nothing to expensive :thumbdown:

Thanks in advance

Vince

Hi!

Almost same trouble I have.
Errors: p1336 P1339,P1340
After battery plug out for 30 min and back in, car normaly start and accelerate.
RCZ 156

Did you find solution?

BTW, how to reset errors code? I have ODB2 rader, but reset over it not working (elm327).
I succed to reset over OD car doctor. Torque not work.
But I afraid to still have a problem.
Hm. Coils looks OK. Just 1 wire is out of place ,but no visible damage.

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:42 pm
Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
Hi Lanko

Just in case you missed It?... this threat is over 3 years old, so don't be too downbeat if you don't get a response.
Red Carbon 200

Return to Drivetrain