Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Drivetrain New clutch = chunking noise from underneath car

New clutch = chunking noise from underneath car

Engine, gearbox, exhaust and other drivetrain issues

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 87
Hi all,

I recently had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel replaced by Peugeot, however after about a week I became aware of clunking noise coming from underneath the car... sometimes during gear change, driving over a steep speed hump or when coming to an abrupt stop/exceleration.

I've manged to replicate the noise by 'snatching the clutch' in reverse gear and in first gear. The sound has been caught on my dashcam and can be seen/ heard here.... http://www.penninehomesecurity.com/rcz-clunking

My instint tells me that either the engine mount or gearbox is lose? Your opinions would be greatly appreciate.

The car is booked in with Peugeot for inspection.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan
Red Carbon 200

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1077
Your right, that’s not right :eusa-think:

Do you have any problems selecting gears? As it’s something that I assume it didn’t do before, it’s not too far from the realms of possibility that it’s something to do with what the garage did.

It does sound like something is moving that probably shouldn’t. If it sounds like it’s from underneath the car it’s probably not engine mount related, more likely transmission.

As it’s that they have been messing with, I reckon it narrows it down a bit
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

howardf Senior Member

Kudos: 66
When I had my clutch and dmf replaced, they managed to knacker the engine mount.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 87
DKZ5745 wrote:
Your right, that’s not right :eusa-think:

Do you have any problems selecting gears? As it’s something that I assume it didn’t do before, it’s not too far from the realms of possibility that it’s something to do with what the garage did.

It does sound like something is moving that probably shouldn’t. If it sounds like it’s from underneath the car it’s probably not engine mount related, more likely transmission.

As it’s that they have been messing with, I reckon it narrows it down a bit

Gear change no longer feels as slick as when the new clutch first went in, and sometimes when selecting gear (when noise is present) I get feedback via the gear stick, but this is only on occation and only slight.
Red Carbon 200

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 522
I concur and would be straight back to Peugeot to sort it out, does seem more mechanical than just a mount.

Good Luck with the repair, keep us posted.

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Return to Drivetrain