Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Drivetrain Clutch noise in first and reverse gear

Clutch noise in first and reverse gear

Engine, gearbox, exhaust and other drivetrain issues

Post Thu May 10, 2018 11:11 pm
I love my RCZ Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
This sound has never happened to me in any single car (at the parking lot, back and forth, once in ten times). Is there any connection with hill start assist and the length of the leg on clutch?

Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 54
Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10564 i have posted some sounds in that thread so check if you hear something similar

Might be clutch problem. Replacement costs around 1500£/€ (dual mass flywheel included) but if your car drives ok i woudn't change it yet :eusa-think:

I love my RCZ Regular
Regular

Thanks, Nemi. I bought a used car (THP200). It is very strange when you sound like a beginner with a car that has only 30,000 km.

Post Fri May 11, 2018 10:22 am
Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 54
Do you get that sound every time in reverse and first gear? Mine does it once or twice a month so doesn't bother me too much :-)

Post Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1096
Mine was quite infrequent, but as I had the warranty I decided to get it checked out anyway. It was a bit difficult to get the car to actually make the noise while the mechanic was present, in fact it was on 3 seperate visits before it would actually do it.
Then I had to try to get it to repeat the noise the following day for the warranty guy. Nearly half an hour of trying while he was standing outside with the mechanic from the dealership when in suddenly let out a loud scream.

I was amazed that the warranty people agreed to pay when it clearly was such an intermittent fault, but they did.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

howardf Senior Member

Kudos: 66
DKZ5745 wrote:
Mine was quite infrequent, but as I had the warranty I decided to get it checked out anyway. It was a bit difficult to get the car to actually make the noise while the mechanic was present, in fact it was on 3 seperate visits before it would actually do it.
Then I had to try to get it to repeat the noise the following day for the warranty guy. Nearly half an hour of trying while he was standing outside with the mechanic from the dealership when in suddenly let out a loud scream.

I was amazed that the warranty people agreed to pay when it clearly was such an intermittent fault, but they did.

Same as above :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

I love my RCZ Regular
Regular

The noise is infrequent and never in the presence of a mechanic. They say it is not a malfunction.

Return to Drivetrain