Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Drivetrain Clutch noise?

Clutch noise?

Engine, gearbox, exhaust and other drivetrain issues

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:19 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
This isn't Evans Halshaws Wakefield is it Pete?
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1077
Certainly is Neil
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:25 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 514
DKZ's car 30 minutes after dropping it off... :eusa-whistle:

dkz.jpg
dkz.jpg (212.46 KiB) Viewed 2495 times

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 364
Well the clutch is going to be replaced anyway!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:39 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 203
2retro wrote:

The attachment dkz.jpg is no longer available

... then a little bit after that ...
Attachments
rczcrash.jpg
rczcrash.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:12 pm
Sanity Senior Member

Kudos: 43
DKZ5745 wrote:

While it was there I had to pay for a replacement auxiliary belt £59.61 as they said it was “cracking”,

I replaced my belt also just before i sold the car as it was crackin (you can see it if you look at it) they do and mine was 7 years old so i guess it will be pretty common issue here for more peeps soon.
BUT.... 60£ !!?? :lol: Mine was replaced few weeks ago and i paid 11£ for the belt and nothing extra for the work as it was in for service anyway. the mechanic said it took like 3min to replace and is a easy job.

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:47 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

2retro wrote:

dkz.jpg

No chance! 30 minutes after Halshaws Wakefield have tinkered with it it may never run again!
I'm speaking from experience had a very bad experience buying and servicing issues with a fiat 500 my wife bought from them and can anyone remember Ron from the forum who bought a new Z from Halshaws Wakefield and had numerous problems with them and after voicing his frustration got a call from Peter Ambrose Peugeot dealer in castleford who said Peugeot UK had instructed them to contact Ron and take over any dealings and the servicing of his Z.

Though That was some time ago so seriously I hope Halshaws have now got their act together and sort Pete's Z to his satisfaction.

Fingers crossed :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:00 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Sanity wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:

While it was there I had to pay for a replacement auxiliary belt £59.61 as they said it was “cracking”,

I replaced my belt also just before i sold the car as it was crackin (you can see it if you look at it) they do and mine was 7 years old so i guess it will be pretty common issue here for more peeps soon.
BUT.... 60£ !!?? :lol: Mine was replaced few weeks ago and i paid 11£ for the belt and nothing extra for the work as it was in for service anyway. the mechanic said it took like 3min to replace and is a easy job.

I thought it was a bit steep, but they had it there, so it was just easier to let them get on with it. Plus, to be honest, to have anything done for under £100 at a main dealer sounds cheap :wtf:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:05 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

I have my concerns about Halshaw’s Wakefield, but then again, compared with Cars 2 Peugeot Barnsley, they are positive genius’s.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

I’ve had a quick peek in their parts department, so I’m hopeful they’ll have the bits I need...... :wtf:
Attachments
75E2C1E5-C5B7-4FA2-A75D-A9610C9A2B32.jpeg
75E2C1E5-C5B7-4FA2-A75D-A9610C9A2B32.jpeg (126.83 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 364
Like the racks of engines

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:04 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 158
My clutch makes a bit of a racket first gear change of the day..
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust. Vision pack.

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:50 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

It was mainly once mine had warmed up, and only ever from a standing start into 1st or very occasionally into reverse. How they can tell it’s the flywheel by just listening to the noise is beyond me.
My father in law who was the head mechanic for a Vauxhall dealership until he retired said he thought it sounded like the clutch release bearing, and that he had done a few cars with the same problem over the years.

Time will tell...... let’s just hope they either replace everything or they guess right first time :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:36 am
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 158
I'd have assumed (having owned a 407 diesel with a failing clutch and flywheel) that you would be able to tell it's the flywheel by the vibrations coming back through the clutch pedal.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust. Vision pack.

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

That’s the thing, there is nothing from the pedal, and no clutch slip. The only sign is the noise, but it is very loud when it does it.

I too have had cars with clutch issues before, judder, slip, but the Z seems fine, except for the noise. I know a few others on here have commented that they too have an occasional “groan” from the clutch, so maybe it’s just an RCZ “thing”.

If the warranty company is happy to fund the “repair” - let them get on with it. Worse case scenario is that I get a brand new clutch :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 am
jr4070 Senior Member

Kudos: 56
I have posted earler in the thread but a discription of my noise is very similar to the Tie fighters in Star Wars... bit wierd referencing it to that...but it is very similar. Happens to my R first junction of the day.. Usually never here it after that..

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 246
BTW I got my clutch replaced too. That noise was down to worn pressure plate on the clutch. The bearing itself was still OK and the plate was like new. Almost no wear after over 70.000 miles.

My garage did it in one day. One :)

Finger crossed!
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:40 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

DKZ5745 wrote:
I’ve had a quick peek in their parts department, so I’m hopeful they’ll have the bits I need...... :wtf:

That's all the parts left over from their repair work (there's always a bit left over! Isn't there? :lol: :lol:)

On a more serious note when we bought the wife's fiat 500 there seemed to be quite a few damaged repairable sin different states of repair round the back of their workshop. They didn't seem to be customer repairs because they had sustained too much damage. Worried me looked like they were repairing and selling on. :eusa-think:

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:13 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 203
ANECDOTE ALERT: :sleeping-yellow:
Some time during the sixties, a major manufacturer introduced, in their main dealerships, a flow-line system for servicing.
The son of my father's friend worked on one such.
Many of the range had either identical or very similar components.
He gave instances where the vehicle nearing completion and therefore blocking the queue behind, had a failure on a component.
So, quickly looking down the queue, they would spot a model with the same or similar bit to the failing one.
They would cannibalise the one down the queue for the part and fit it to the one at the front to get things going.
Then they would hope that either the spares department would have the relocated component, or another similarly endowed motor would join the queue. to be subsequently a donor and so on. :dance:
Good, eh?
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:41 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

BTW I parked next to this when I last visited, it belongs to the mechanic who worked on my Z.......
Attachments
6B6530EC-17FF-433E-B3FE-ED141DF55AF5.jpeg
6B6530EC-17FF-433E-B3FE-ED141DF55AF5.jpeg (48.04 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

PreviousNext

Return to Drivetrain