Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical R on full lock

R on full lock

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:35 am
JvdBosch Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
it's clearly a tire-issue, in combination with temperature. On the stock tires, my R does this in winter a lot. In summer it's non-existent. I have winter-wheels which I will mount in november or so, so I'm curious how they will behave. In any case it is not a bug, just a feature. :)
Red RCZ-R, 8000km and counting...

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:40 am
refused Member

Kudos: 1
Mine has 0 to do with temperature. Rail, hail, or shine, or heatwave (stupid Australia) it will happen.

But yeah a nice feature that wont stop :(

Also interested to see how your winter wheels go.
2011 THP200
1994 405 Mi16

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:34 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 364
This is a common fault.

Basically the geometry doesn't help things but it could also be down to play in bearing and bushes etc.
I've had my struts replaced under warranty as they though that they were moving, bu it still did it, the technician rotated the strut and it seemed to solve it!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:30 am
tony1968 User avatar

Kudos: 43
Had the front wheel/LSD juddering today, its just above 0 so the tyre compound is hard (as the Goodyears artsticky summer tyres and not softer winter tyres for these temps).
I would say there is no issue here, just physics and hard (cold) rubber (as we all know, summer tyres are not as good below 7 deg as they take longer to warm up).

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:58 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 158
Mine has done a scrub or two on full lock. Could be why they have plastic front liners instead of carpet like the rear?

Stop it from wearing it through too quickly maybe?!
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust. Vision pack.

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 522
Also noted the noise on full lock on my R too over the last few weeks, certainly wasn't there when we had the warmer weather.

Can remember it making a right old noise ( had the ferry ops looking anyway ) when having to turn on full lock driving on the ferry on the steel floor, but it never did it on the road - until now.

Funny thing is and this might be purely coincidental with the change of season - only started after having the car in for replacement discs + pads. Can defo say never did it before, you know those times that you wished you never said owt, well I was kinda thinking that when I heard the noise after discs done. Guess swap one evil for another.

:beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 pm
JvdBosch Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
I changed to winter wheels a few weeks ago and haven't noticed the full lock judder since.
Red RCZ-R, 8000km and counting...

Post Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:17 pm
bailey User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
on full lock my rcz r made a juddering noise,i changed the tyres to continental sports and they are perfect no noise at all.

Post Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:23 pm
bailey User avatar

Regular
Regular

Plecodoras wrote:
Also noted the noise on full lock on my R too over the last few weeks, certainly wasn't there when we had the warmer weather.

Can remember it making a right old noise ( had the ferry ops looking anyway ) when having to turn on full lock driving on the ferry on the steel floor, but it never did it on the road - until now.

Funny thing is and this might be purely coincidental with the change of season - only started after having the car in for replacement discs + pads. Can defo say never did it before, you know those times that you wished you never said owt, well I was kinda thinking that when I heard the noise after discs done. Guess swap one evil for another.

:beer:

tyres worn on inside?

Post Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:50 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1467
bailey wrote:
on full lock my rcz r made a juddering noise,i changed the tyres to continental sports and they are perfect no noise at all.

My last R used to make the juddering / skip in full lock in cold wet weather. It had Goodyear tyres. My current R doesn’t and that is fitted with Conti’s. Strange that !
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:53 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Mine makes a juddery noise every now and again. It's got conti sport contact something on.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:39 pm
bailey User avatar

Regular
Regular

i was getting scrubbing on full lock it sounded shocking.i was told to change my tyres to either parelli or continental sport ,so I did .I changed to continentals and the scrubbing has totally vanished.on full lock it is totally perfect.ASTONISHED.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Mine has contis, still Scrubs.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:39 pm
90vanman Newbie

Kudos: 0
drdino wrote:
It's not a problem, it's the result of Ackerman geometry.

Hi, it's not really Ackerman, that requires linkage that there is no room for. True Ackerman couples the two front steering assemblies together accurately, to ensure scrub is reduced to a minimum, not separate connection via a steering rack. My hdi does it almost always in reverse, as did my Ford Fiesta 2012 model, not so much on a dry surface, as already stated but definitely on damp ones. Ever since the days of solid axles steering has been a compromise. Dave

Post Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:22 pm
bailey User avatar

Regular
Regular

my rcz r when on full lock had tyre scrubbing and made a nasty noise.i changed the tyres to continentals and it is now perfect no problems at all

Previous

Return to General Technical