Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Rattling Machine: Common in ALL RCZs as been told?

Rattling Machine: Common in ALL RCZs as been told?

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

ValleNorte Senior Member

Kudos: 2
I dont think anyone here is becoming defensive. I just think it is about balance. Of course there are issues with our cars. If there weren't then they would be a world best seller! It is most definately the small minority though that are having problems thankfully. Unfortunately, headliners like "Rattling Machine: Common in all RCZs been told" is bound to make waves!!! Hope you get your problems resolved asap.
Nera Black 200hp GT Limited Edition, 19" Midnight Silver Sortilege, Black calipers, Black leather trim...and currently, in Chile, the only one with Quads!

Marisa Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Without tempting fate RATTLE HAS GONE!! shock mounts got replaced and so far so good at last :)

donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
I'm just back from my first road trip in the RCZ, driving round Perthshire. We noticed an annoying knock coming from somewhere when driving over rough roads, potholes etc (the A/B roads round about there aren't the best in the world!) :evil: . The cars only done 1000 miles and a month old.
We THINK it may be coming from the polystyrene tray that holds the tyre pump etc as it moves about a fair bit. But then again knocks and rattles can be decieving and it could be coming from anywhere. My OH mentioned it sounded a bit like when my track rod end went in my 207 :o but hopefully it's nothing like that! Anyway we've taped the tray down in the meantime just to see if it stops. If not, I'll mention it at it's 6 week check.
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 13
Mine effected with the knocking symptom 4000 km on the clock its an hdi sport model

MARTHAMAY22 Senior Member

Kudos: 0
Had our RCZ 1 whole year , and it's just had it's 10,000mile service.

Was'nt at all happy with the dealership, as Ali had polished the car up great prior to the service. We were left stood by the service desk for a good 3/4 minutes, before the ignorant girl behind the desk, even spoke to us. Then when we collected the car, it was covered in splashes of some liquid, over entire bodywork. Also they had'nt bothered to stamp the service book, good job I checked before leaving car park! Very nonchalent & irritating staff.....am changing dealership now :evil: :thumbdown: :x

On the 'UP' side tho, the car has been amazing for the entire year...just as thrilled with it today as I was the day we collected it. Have had NO issues with it whatsoever :thumbup: :beer:

The only 'minor' gripe we have is that it's a pain finding the ignition hole to put the key in, in the dark, as it's obscured by the steering wheel! It should have a Start/Stop button! Otherwise...Awwwwwwwwwwwsome :dance:

jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
MARTHAMAY22 wrote:

Was'nt at all happy with the dealership, as Ali had polished the car up great prior to the service. We were left stood by the service desk for a good 3/4 minutes, before the ignorant girl behind the desk, even spoke to us. Then when we collected the car, it was covered in splashes of some liquid, over entire bodywork. Also they had'nt bothered to stamp the service book, good job I checked before leaving car park! Very nonchalent & irritating staff.....am changing dealership now :evil: :thumbdown: :x

On the 'UP' side tho, the car has been amazing for the entire year...just as thrilled with it today as I was the day we collected it. Have had NO issues with it whatsoever :thumbup: :beer:

The only 'minor' gripe we have is that it's a pain finding the ignition hole to put the key in, in the dark, as it's obscured by the steering wheel! It should have a Start/Stop button! Otherwise...Awwwwwwwwwwwsome :dance:

most start/stop cars still need the key inserted DOH.."!!!!! :eusa-think: my civic had it 8-) 8-) miss that engine :( :-)

donnaj1dlh User avatar

jassyo06 wrote:

most start/stop cars still need the key inserted DOH.."!!!!! :eusa-think: my civic had it 8-) 8-) miss that engine :( :-)

Focus RS has keyless ignition and stop/start button. I love it ..... but I've heard stories of folk 'accidently' leaving keys somewhere then driving off ... then finding out too late :oops: :oops:
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Wiggers Member

Kudos: 1
donnaj1dlh wrote:

Focus RS has keyless ignition and stop/start button. I love it ..... but I've heard stories of folk 'accidently' leaving keys somewhere then driving off ... then finding out too late :oops: :oops:

My mates Audi A5 has that keyless start thingy, its great, whenever he pops out (depending where he is) we hide his car, works really well when you see him pop into a newsagents :D
RCZ 200 GT
Pearl White
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL HiFi pack
Integral Leather - Mistral Black
Onyx Black Solstice 19's

Delivered 6 Oct 11!

donnaj1dlh User avatar

Wiggers wrote:
whenever he pops out (depending where he is) we hide his car, works really well when you see him pop into a newsagents :D

You bugger! :twisted:
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver

jassyo06 wrote:
MARTHAMAY22 wrote:

I cant speak for Honda, but we have 2 other vehicles with Stop/Start buttons & neither of them do we need the key for. You can keep the key in your pocket if you wish! Mind you, the option of 'Keyless Go', also included 'Keyless Entry' ...a very nice inclusion in my opinion :thumbup:

donnaj1dlh wrote:
jassyo06 wrote:

:eusa-think: Umm, that's sounds a bit scarey....with both our Keyless Go/Entry cars, if the key in not somewhere in the vehicle then it wont start. I've sometimes taken Ali's handbag out of the car when she's pulling in the garage (don't want to get out when it's in the garage, in case the door catches 'her ' beloved RCZ), but "Key not detected" flashes up in red on instrument panel & beeps! So I think it's a very flawed & unsafe (theft-wise) system if you could actually drive off 'without' the keys :thumbdown: Besides, if you can drive it off without the Key, whats the point in having keys at all :eusa-think:

Wiggers wrote:
donnaj1dlh wrote:

My mates Audi A5 has that keyless start thingy, its great, whenever he pops out (depending where he is) we hide his car, works really well when you see him pop into a newsagents :D

Ummm :eusa-think: :evil:

RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1481
My husband's car has a Stop / Start button. The key is not inserted anywhere but it has to be inside the car, for it to drive. He keeps the key in his pocket.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

RCZ1 wrote:
My husband's car has a Stop / Start button. The key is not inserted anywhere but it has to be inside the car, for it to drive. He keeps the key in his pocket.

Ditto RCZ1. :thumbup:

DRWHO BLUE GT Member

I have a rattle/creaking noise from the door internal handle ( the main silver long handle ) this is a two part black on back silver to front handle and is making creaking noises have had door panel taken of at dealer and they have screwed down all screws on back of panel but is still makeing noises taken back and are awaiting a fix from peugeot. the drivers side is tighter than other door handle and it seems to make more noises in diffrent temperatures. They may change the handle but have said that all the fixings are all ok so it is not a manufacturing problem .Will have to wait to see what they will do :thumbdown: .

have also had the mirrors moded with new seals to drain the water from the mirrors to try and stop the water /white mark down doors and creaking . is a little bit better had this done for free time will tell if it helps. they change the seals around mirror housing and drill holes in seal to let water drain free.

paul141 Senior Member

Kudos: 25
Knock over bumps ? There is an fix for the top mounts on the front suspension, well known to dealers (but they will not admit it) Had mine done a while back.

joelcorreia Newbie

Marisa wrote:
Trust me this rattle does not come from any of the compartments mine are empty too. It is a very distinctive noise at very low revs it sounds as its under the car. Only done just short of 3000 miles and it certainly wasn't there at 2k!!

I had the same problem but the dealer get the problem Solved! It was a cable that is touching the exhaust Protection! They get them separated andt the strange sound is gone.

P90James Senior Member

Kudos: 1
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but RCZ also has a problem with suspension tracking rods. This can lead to a 'clicking' feeling in the steering wheel and pedals when driving. Took me three trips to the dealer to resolve, final visit was a test drive with their service manager - he noticed it in less than two minutes and the car was repaired (perfectly) next day.

felinegrowler Regular
Regular

Kudos: 5
The beast had to go back to the main dealer for a very annoying rattle/knocking from the back end. Ended up being something to do with the suspention. In fact I have never had as many problems with a car as i have had with the RCZ. All relatively minor issues, but annoying having to take the car back and leaving it at the main dealers. Latest problem is more of a concern as the gearbox will have to be removed. Fantastic cars and a joy to drive. They just need to sort some reliability issues out. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
2012 200bhp in Pearl White. Feline pack complete with Quad exhaust system and K & N Air filter.
The RCZ. The car guaranteed to put a smile on your face when you drive it.

mistral_blue Senior Member

Kudos: 84
See my experience HERE
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Previous

Return to General Technical