Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical 2010 2.0 hdi belt or chain

2010 2.0 hdi belt or chain

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Habbarossa Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi there, new to the forum. Just about to buy a 2010 2.0 hdi GT can't seem to find a definite answer, are they cam chain or belt, i thought they were chain from looking around the forum but the sales man said the Service book says belt and needs changing at 10 years or 140k (I'm assuming that's km as it's French). Any help would be appreciated as it's on 59000 miles and is like them to change it as part of the deal if it is a belt.

Cheers

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 372
They are belt. Change at 10 years or 120k miles

Timing chains are on the petrol engines.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 372
Since it's only 2 years off the time limit I can't see why they wouldn't change it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 pm
Habbarossa Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply bud, its an independent dealer not Peugeot so they might be a bit reluctant but i can try.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 634
I'd try for defo, you know the score - if you don't ask you don't get - LOL !!

Hope it works out for you and you get on here with some pics - good luck with the belt.

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 pm
holmefield Newbie

Hi all just but a deposit down on a 2013 Hdi GT with 61000 miles on the clock, full dealer history, should i worry about the timing belt or am i good for another few years or another 30000 + miles?

Thanks

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 548
For what it costs I would change it before the schedule better safe than sorry :wtf: but must admit I haven’t heard of any premature failures of the HDI belt. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Return to General Technical