Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Re: Peugeot 2.0 hdi P0488 code

Re: Peugeot 2.0 hdi P0488 code

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:09 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Anyone out there that can help me I have this code p0488 appear on my Peugeot RCZ with the engine light coming on but sometimes goes off and then comes on a couple of days later the car doesn't seem to be performing any differently maybe using a little bit more fuel has anyone had this similar code or problem and what was the fix it's the HDI 2 litre RCZ

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:52 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 158
Welcome. We have a newbies section for new members to introduce themselves :wave:

As for your code, which from a brief search seems to relate to the EGR. Has this ever been cleaned?
You can blank them off, and I have done in the past, but newer vehicles may not like you doing that and constantly show the CEL.
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust. Vision pack.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Hi no I've never had the EGR cleaned but I did have my car carbon cleaned buy a company hoping that would sort this problem out but it hasn't this problem has been probably getting worse now for the last few months as engine light comes on a lot more regularly but still goes off after a day I can't seem to find anything on here on how to clean the EGR I think some people have actually removed and cleaned it themselves.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:27 pm
RCZIain Moderator

If it's anything like the 407 and 508 it will be at the back of the engine. Is there a silver pipe that runs front to back?
Attached at the intake manifold at the front.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:21 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Hi no it's not the same it doesn't have any long silver pipe going across anything I don't know where I saw it but I saw someone clean their EGR themselves on a rcz and they were talking about it was at the front of the engine I haven't even got a clue what it looks like got to be someone out there who's had this problem I do get a small misfire around the 2000 RPM but that's the only code I'm getting

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:30 pm
RCZIain Moderator

It must be part of the inlet manifold?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 364
A few bits that might help

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Return to General Technical