Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Re: Peugeot 2.0 hdi P0488 code

Re: Peugeot 2.0 hdi P0488 code

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:09 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Anyone out there that can help me I have this code p0488 appear on my Peugeot RCZ with the engine light coming on but sometimes goes off and then comes on a couple of days later the car doesn't seem to be performing any differently maybe using a little bit more fuel has anyone had this similar code or problem and what was the fix it's the HDI 2 litre RCZ

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:52 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 205
Welcome. We have a newbies section for new members to introduce themselves :wave:

As for your code, which from a brief search seems to relate to the EGR. Has this ever been cleaned?
You can blank them off, and I have done in the past, but newer vehicles may not like you doing that and constantly show the CEL.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:56 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Hi no I've never had the EGR cleaned but I did have my car carbon cleaned buy a company hoping that would sort this problem out but it hasn't this problem has been probably getting worse now for the last few months as engine light comes on a lot more regularly but still goes off after a day I can't seem to find anything on here on how to clean the EGR I think some people have actually removed and cleaned it themselves.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:27 pm
RCZIain Moderator

If it's anything like the 407 and 508 it will be at the back of the engine. Is there a silver pipe that runs front to back?
Attached at the intake manifold at the front.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:21 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Hi no it's not the same it doesn't have any long silver pipe going across anything I don't know where I saw it but I saw someone clean their EGR themselves on a rcz and they were talking about it was at the front of the engine I haven't even got a clue what it looks like got to be someone out there who's had this problem I do get a small misfire around the 2000 RPM but that's the only code I'm getting

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 pm
RCZIain Moderator

It must be part of the inlet manifold?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 372
A few bits that might help

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Return to General Technical