Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical A pain to fill up!

A pain to fill up!

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:13 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 203
Here's a new one, my RCZ has now become a nuisance to put petrol in.
Three tanks now it has constantly made different fuel pumps click off every 20 seconds or so.
Any one come across this before?

Thanks.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:39 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
Happened to me the other day where the pump just wouldn’t tend then as I moved the nozzle in and out and left and right the fuel suddenly splashed out! It seems like you have to get the nozzle just right. :roll:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:50 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1126
I’ve had this issue before with other cars, but not yet with my Z. It’s is often just the fuel pump nozzle that causes the problem, if the fuel foams as it goes in, the sensitive cut off sensor in the nozzle clicks off. If you try not pulling the trigger fully so it goes in a little slower, that usually does the trick.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:44 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 247
We still have attendants at most places, and some even wash the screen. :thumbup:
A euro is much appreciated and gets you good service. :clap:
They know their pumps so usually not a problem.
But the Zero has an immediate bend from a filler cap on the rear panel, into small tank, so "lentamente" (slowly) is the instruction. ;)
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:21 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 203
First time it's done it in over a year.
Bit of a pain as I use the pump clicking off to calculate mpg.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Return to General Technical