Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Servicing on fixed price - can this be right?

Servicing on fixed price - can this be right?

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 491
Well Z'ers just want to share what I found out today and thought it might be of interest to those who's car is over 3 years old. I was in the process of booking mine in for service when this popped up...
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.14 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.14 PM.jpg (147.48 KiB) Viewed 1422 times
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.16 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.16 PM.JPG (170.97 KiB) Viewed 1422 times

Now that's brilliant I thought, what with all this talk about discs etc.

Then I had a look at this..

Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.24 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.24 PM.JPG (225.25 KiB) Viewed 1422 times

So the above excludes the R, but not the other models and don't forget these prices include fitting, so those prices are very good. especially for a main dealer. What'd ya reckon?

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Plecodoras User avatar

And to follow this, I was looking at extended warranty plans, look at this...
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.31 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.31 PM.JPG (245.45 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

That's the full amount for a year including breakdown even in Europe, and you can do 10 months interest free !!

£289 for my R, who knows yours could be a bit cheaper !

Even the cheapest option is £229 ....

Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.34 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.34 PM.JPG (180.93 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

Don't forget these prices are from Peugeot and I think the AA administer their warranties,
Now I got a quote from Warranty Direct...

Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.38 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.38 PM.JPG (191.38 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

Big difference and don't forget no breakdown included here of EU, and the Peugeot one also includes punctures and putting the wrong fuel in !

Then I got this one from Warranty Wise - that's the one with Quentin Willson and their top offering is meant to be bullet proof with very few exclusions and including wear / damage to other parts affected by a faulty one...
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.51 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 03-15-18 at 10.51 PM.JPG (167.2 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

Now that is a big difference ! again no breakdown... So guys n gals over to you what'd you think / I know there's two threads to this post, so answer whatever one or both you like, just interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 177
Over here, in a world where pragmatism rules, there are deals to be had for just about anything.
So, when the Pug agent reception area has some fixed price poster displayed with an eye-catching price and what you get, everyone, including us, just ignores it as the wallpaper it is.
Why?
Because cash is king!
I know I am a lazy bu99er and with the language challenge, I get our garage to take our motors for their ITV (MoT).
The ITV charge is invoiced, and any bits needed appear as they incur IVA (VAT).
But to take the vehicle and any insignificant labour is on a scribbled nota (note) and cash changes hands.
[off at a tangent] I spent an hour reclined (yea!) in the dentist's chair today (yesterday, now) and he knows we do not have a "plan", which many here have that is a sort of insurance covering an examination and a course of treatment annually.
So, we pay a much lower charge per filling and cash goes straight into the desk drawer. [end off at a tangent]
Back to cars, and there are loads of small talleres (workshops) with oil change deals and tyre bargains, all supported by big name companies.
I don't know anybody who has bought into one of these offers.
They all just say to "Pedro", how much to ...."
Pedro rubs chin and gives a figure, which may be subject to a bit of bartering, and price agreed, job goes ahead, and cash changes hands.
I will not upset you by telling you the hourly rate for different things, but needless to say cash in hand is still king here.
They do know how to play the game though.
Not long ago we had a flat on the 108.
We took the 5008 and called in at the garage.
Have you got assistance on your insurance they asked.
Yes we said.
Excellent they said, give us the telephone number, which we did.
They got the call out and reimbursed from insurance and we just paid for the puncture repair.
Sorted.
Win win all round!
Spanish pragmatism rules!!
With a little bit of bloomin' luck!
My Fair Lady RCZ will be mine.
Just got to find her, that's all.

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 362
The Peugeot Warranty you need to ring them after taking it out and adding the £20 extra option for non mechanical breakdown ie punctures, keys locked in car etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1040
That’s the one I have had for a couple of years, the Peugeot Platinum warranty paid out the £1600 for my clutch assembly replacing in total. Certainly made it worth my while taking out the extra warranty :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Plecodoras User avatar

DKZ5745 wrote:
That’s the one I have had for a couple of years, the Peugeot Platinum warranty paid out the £1600 for my clutch assembly replacing in total. Certainly made it worth my while taking out the extra warranty :thumbup:

As far as I can see DKZ, you can only get this yearly and not say a three year warranty, is that right? thanks.

DKZ5745 User avatar

Yes, you have to renew it each year, but I think it can only be taken out 3 times. Once the car reaches 6 years old, I don’t think you can take out the Platinum warranty, I think it’s a lesser one that’s available for cars of that age & older.

Typical “insurance” really, they will only cover what isn’t likely to break, and once it gets so it is likely to break, they won’t cover it anymore.

Didn’t work out too well for them with mine :P
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Plecodoras User avatar

So would you recommend the Peugeot Plus warranty @ £289 over the other warranties shown from Direct and wise?

DKZ5745 User avatar

Well, it’s the only extended warranty I’ve ever purchased. Usually in the past, once my cars have run out of factory warranty I’ve usually changed them.

I have no problem recommending this warranty, as they were very good with my clutch issue. To say it was only a slight noise setting off in first, and was intermittent at that. They paid up without any quibbles.

When the first year ran out, I had no hesitation on taking out another year.

I can of course only go on my own experience, but I will be taking out the third year once this ones up. I think for the price, the cover is excellent.
Last edited by DKZ5745 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Plecodoras User avatar

DKZ thanks :thumbup:

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 443
Sounds like the pug warranty is a no brainier, if anything the law of sod says once you pay your £285 your Z will be trouble free for 12 months :lol:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 362
I have the Peugeot warranty extension on by HDi, in my 2nd year now.
Not had anything go wrong yet even the extra £20 for punctures, etc.

Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Plecodoras User avatar

tianorth wrote:
I have the Peugeot warranty extension on by HDi, in my 2nd year now.
Not had anything go wrong yet even the extra £20 for punctures, etc.

That's because you got the warranty !!

If you didn't have it - probably had a failure by now.

But remember you do have one of the bullet proof HDi engines, they're reliability is not at question.

Return to General Technical